Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2006, 08:46:18 PM

...I hope all you Gruden haters are ashamed of yourselves.

A bunch of big smack talking fools, all of you.

When Jon has success next season, you guys are not welcome back on the bandwagon...

>:(

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : December 06, 2006, 08:48:07 PM

If...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 06, 2006, 08:53:55 PM

There are times on this board when some really wonderful football conversation takes place.  This thread and response is not one of them.  I would normally just ignore and go on, but after the crap of the last couple of days I was kinda hoping folks would somehow see how baiting and antagonizing were just not a good part of a board. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2006, 09:01:34 PM

There are times on this board when some really wonderful football conversation takes place. This thread and response is not one of them. I would normally just ignore and go on, but after the crap of the last couple of days I was kinda hoping folks would somehow see how baiting and antagonizing were just not a good part of a board.

oh, sorrrrrrrrry

bucfanmark

Second String
#4 : December 06, 2006, 09:06:14 PM

We will be much better next year and hopefully playing championship type ball

barberiino

Second String

#5 : December 06, 2006, 09:12:25 PM

There are times on this board when some really wonderful football conversation takes place. This thread and response is not one of them. I would normally just ignore and go on, but after the crap of the last couple of days I was kinda hoping folks would somehow see how baiting and antagonizing were just not a good part of a board.
this is a message board CHILLAX!!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 06, 2006, 09:16:22 PM

could not be more relaxed.  thanks for the advice in any case. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 06, 2006, 09:21:37 PM

I think Jon Gruden is a really good coach. However, if this team gets turned around next season, it will be because of the contributions of many, not his alone. Those contributors will include:

- The Glazers
- Bruce Allen and his FO staff
- Gruden himself
- The assistant coaching staff
- The players and their commitment

and others we may overlook as well.

shall555

Starter

#8 : December 06, 2006, 09:29:40 PM

I think Jon Gruden is a really good coach. However, if this team gets turned around next season, it will be because of the contributions of many, not his alone. Those contributors will include:

- The Glazers
- Gruden himself

Sure, when the team sucks blame Gruden and fire his ass, but when the team is winning, "let's spread the credit around to everybody else". You can't have it both ways. If the Bucs suck, it's an organizational effort, from the top down to the groundskeeper. Same as winning.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 06, 2006, 09:31:32 PM

Sure, when the team sucks blame Gruden and fire his ass, but when the team is winning, "let's spread the credit around to everybody else". You can't have it both ways. If the Bucs suck, it's an organizational effort, from the top down to the groundskeeper. Same as winning.

Ummm, I don't blame Gruden alone, in fact part of the blame even lies with people who no longer work for this team. I do not wish to see him fired. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2006, 09:35:38 PM

Nicely said DTG, I really don't like it when folks attribute statements to me that I have not made.  You responded so calmly.  Nice.

Credit and blame is played by fans and media who don't get it.  Takes everyone to win, and in losing everyone shares the blame.  It is not a simple zero sum game.  No one coach or player can get either result. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 06, 2006, 09:37:24 PM

Nicely said DTG, I really don't like it when folks attribute statements to me that I have not made. You responded so calmly. Nice.

Credit and blame is played by fans and media who don't get it. Takes everyone to win, and in losing everyone shares the blame. It is not a simple zero sum game. No one coach or player can get either result.

yet for the past 6-8 weeks, so many are calling for Gruden's head because he is the one at fault for the failure of the team this season...  I'm just sick of seeing it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : December 06, 2006, 09:38:21 PM

I for one think it is definately the groundskeeper--the field is so screwed up, it's no wonder they can't score!

shall555

Starter

#13 : December 06, 2006, 09:51:44 PM

Nicely said DTG, I really don't like it when folks attribute statements to me that I have not made. You responded so calmly. Nice.

Credit and blame is played by fans and media who don't get it. Takes everyone to win, and in losing everyone shares the blame. It is not a simple zero sum game. No one coach or player can get either result.

yet for the past 6-8 weeks, so many are calling for Gruden's head because he is the one at fault for the failure of the team this season... I'm just sick of seeing it.

Ditto. I've become more disillusioned by Bucs fans reactions than to the losing. Who the hell are the real fans anymore? Are these the same fans that sat through 0-26, Leeman Bennett, Ray Perkins' three a days, Hugh Culverhouse, 5-dash-2??? It doesn't sound like it. Sounds like newbies that jumped on when the winning started. I've been a Bucs fan when it was embarassing. When you could go to Tampa Bay Center and only find a small rack of Buccaneer gear and the rest of the store filled with Dolphins crap, AND THIS WAS IN TAMPA!!! I've been through the ringer just like all the true fans, and have the patience to show for it, but this is the worst bandwagon fanbase I've ever seen, where you've got fans setting up camps to separate each other. It's not like this in any other NFL city. Fkin' ridiculous. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 06, 2006, 09:52:56 PM

- The Glazers
- Gruden himself

With this I agree.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools