Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 06, 2006, 09:54:12 PM »

Nicely said DTG, I really don't like it when folks attribute statements to me that I have not made. You responded so calmly. Nice.

Credit and blame is played by fans and media who don't get it. Takes everyone to win, and in losing everyone shares the blame. It is not a simple zero sum game. No one coach or player can get either result.

yet for the past 6-8 weeks, so many are calling for Gruden's head because he is the one at fault for the failure of the team this season... I'm just sick of seeing it.
Agreed.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #16 : December 06, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »

Have you been to every other NFL city?  And why the hell would you want to go back to the "bad old days?"  Living through 0-26 does not make me ever want to see it again.

shall555

Starter

« #17 : December 06, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »

Have you been to every other NFL city?  And why the hell would you want to go back to the "bad old days?"  Living through 0-26 does not make me ever want to see it again.

Been pretty much to every NFL city. Was visiting cities when their team won the championship game and was heading to the Super Bowl. It's an incredible feeling anywhere. THERE WAS NEVER ANY DIVISION. THEY SUPPORTED THE TEAM. If a QB sucked, the entire fanbase was in unison. If a coach sucked, the fanbase was in unison. They don't have camps attacking each other like the Bucs do, especially over coaches that left 5 years ago.

No, I don't want to experience 0-26 again, but the fans are reacting like Gruden murdered their family and kicked the family dog.

« #18 : December 06, 2006, 10:41:37 PM »

...I hope all you Gruden haters are ashamed of yourselves.

A bunch of big smack talking fools, all of you.

When Jon has success next season, you guys are not welcome back on the bandwagon...

>:(

Acyually I havent heard many Gruden haters here. I have just heard them on 620....they all seem to come out of the woodwork to put a coach in his grave

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 06, 2006, 10:48:54 PM »

Been pretty much to every NFL city. Was visiting cities when their team won the championship game and was heading to the Super Bowl. It's an incredible feeling anywhere. THERE WAS NEVER ANY DIVISION. THEY SUPPORTED THE TEAM. If a QB sucked, the entire fanbase was in unison. If a coach sucked, the fanbase was in unison. They don't have camps attacking each other like the Bucs do, especially over coaches that left 5 years ago.

You've got to be kidding me. The pro- and anti-coaching and pro- and anti-QB camps here are the same as they are in just about EVERY NFL city. This is the norm, not the exception, believe me.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #20 : December 07, 2006, 01:32:04 AM »

Most of the "haters" as you call them hate what has become of our beloved team.  This is pretty much the worst we've seen in many years! And the HC is where the "buc" stops.

« #21 : December 07, 2006, 07:26:24 PM »

I agree Turbo. Same thing happened in 2004 and the offseason be4 2005. So mnay people calling for Gruden's head, which is fine people can have their opinions of what kind of coach he is. Then in 2005 not one person was badmouthing him. If you think he is a horribel coach dont change your stance when this team is back in the playoffs. Coaches dont change from year to year, either you're  a good coach or youre not

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #22 : December 07, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »

DTG is right - based on the four NFL cities I have been a part of.

You've got to be kidding me. The pro- and anti-coaching and pro- and anti-QB camps here are the same as they are in just about EVERY NFL city. This is the norm, not the exception, believe me.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 07, 2006, 09:56:31 PM »

Most of the "haters" as you call them hate what has become of our beloved team.  This is pretty much the worst we've seen in many years! And the HC is where the "buc" stops.

Did you hate Gruden has he hoisted the Lombardi.   ;)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : December 07, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »

Most of the "haters" as you call them hate what has become of our beloved team. This is pretty much the worst we've seen in many years! And the HC is where the "buc" stops.

Yes it is the worst we have seen in years.  The haters are not what the team has become.  The haters are seeking an outlet for frustrations.  I would rather they look objectively at their favorite team and organization.

1  Bucs shot their wad so to speak to get to SB, both with contracts and trading of draft choices
2  Contracts fouled up the cap greatly, and those FAs passed out of the organization leaving holes, as FAs are wont to do in the NFL
3  Draft choice losses robbed the team of potential starters and quality depth, which will take years to fully overcome
4  Having Brad's arm go robbed the team of an offensive leader.   There simply are not too many offensive leaders.  It will take a lot of $$$ to replace him, or this team is gonna have to make one lucky draft choice.  

And while the coach does have to hear all the crap, it is clearly not just his account.  If you did not know the future was mortgaged for the successful sb run you just weren't reading when all those huge contracts and trades took place.  Even the Trib guys noted it, and that really says it all.

So you get to this year, starters on IR, injuries all over the place and every week we play a top tier team.  Last year's overachievement cost this year's team, on top of all the other crap.  Kinda like the perfect storm.  So sure, it's all Gruden's fault - not.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 07, 2006, 11:23:35 PM »

Do people still think that Gruden is capable of winning here? I don't think he is, I was a Gruden defender up until the Cowpukes game, when it became obvious that he had stripped this team of any heart or guts. He must go after this year or we will see an even worse 2007 season.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #26 : December 07, 2006, 11:26:10 PM »

Too crowded at TBBB, Corpse? You are out of place here--not nearly as many Gruden haters as on the jr. high bulletin board where you can't say retarded or call a jackass a jackass.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 07, 2006, 11:28:19 PM »

There really is no need to be nasty to me, I have been registered here for quite some time I have just never posted over here.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #28 : December 07, 2006, 11:32:28 PM »

You call a month quite some time?  Besides chronic tried tro say he was never her--somebody "punked" him.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 07, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »

Not here to discuss him... as a matter of fact I dont care about him. I am just stating in my opinion that Gruden won't get the job done here at this point. I want my Bucs to get it turned around. I don't want to live through another stretch of 4-12, 3-13, 5-11 years like I did in the 80's and 1st half of the 90's. That is what will happen if Tampa Bay continue to let Gruden be the coach.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools