Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 07, 2006, 11:47:52 PM

You call a month quite some time? Besides chronic tried tro say he was never her--somebody "punked" him.

Did he get banned? Or did you go to his mom's house and find him in the basement playing Warcraft and beat him up? And let the newbie talk and we can decide if he's worth flaming or not kay?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#31 : December 08, 2006, 12:07:32 AM

Not here to discuss him... as a matter of fact I dont care about him. I am just stating in my opinion that Gruden won't get the job done here at this point. I want my Bucs to get it turned around. I don't want to live through another stretch of 4-12, 3-13, 5-11 years like I did in the 80's and 1st half of the 90's. That is what will happen if Tampa Bay continue to let Gruden be the coach.
You may be in the wrong place---there's a huge "Gruden Walks on Water" club here.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : December 08, 2006, 12:11:07 AM

Ehhh thats ok everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am not in the game of name calling because someone doesnt agree with me. I usually reserve the name calling for Falcon fans.

#33 : December 08, 2006, 12:56:06 AM

Karen get a grip. get over the fact that Lynch isnt here, neither is Sapp, and Alstott doesnt fit here. There are so many reasons this team isnt great anymore and Gruden is the least of those reasons. I just wonder what you would be saying right now if DUngy was still here, we never won a super bowl and we were in the same position we are now which was inevitably going to happen

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : December 08, 2006, 01:07:58 AM

I didn't mention Lynch, Sapp (STUPID losses) & Alstott fit just fine when we won that super bowl. I am not a bring back Dungy person, either. But this team is SO BAD I don't know how you can say otherwise. It has regressed as a whole. A coach we got for his offensive-mindedness is dead last inthe league in offense. All these years (including the super bowl) the defense held on when the offense was struggling. Now that the defense has gotten older the offense has been exposed as the putrid crap that it is. And nobody seems to have a clue what to do!

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 08, 2006, 07:26:43 AM

Karen has a point. Gruden is supposedly an offensive genius but yet we have the 30th ranked offense? By this point he has HIS players and they aren't cutting the mustard. It really is obvious to me the he isn't cutting the mustard. I just don't want to live through the 80's again and I see that is where we are headed if we don't get Gruden and Allen outta here and start over.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 08, 2006, 07:31:05 AM

Have you been to every other NFL city?  And why the hell would you want to go back to the "bad old days?"  Living through 0-26 does not make me ever want to see it again.

None of us want to see it again, but it should give you some perspective on how difficult it is to win in this league...but that's JMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 08, 2006, 08:24:45 AM

Karen has a point. Gruden is supposedly an offensive genius but yet we have the 30th ranked offense? By this point he has HIS players and they aren't cutting the mustard. It really is obvious to me the he isn't cutting the mustard. I just don't want to live through the 80's again and I see that is where we are headed if we don't get Gruden and Allen outta here and start over.

Exactly, I thought Gruden could turn Gradkowski into Gannon this year. I mean come on, how come Gruden can't have a top offense with 2 rookies on the o-line, the starting left guard going on IR, rookie QB, a 2nd year RB, TE. It's ridiculous and Gruden won with Dungy's team, his players don't trust him, his ego is too big, Gruden's tearing down the franchise. Did I forget anything?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 08, 2006, 09:45:51 AM

There really is no need to be nasty to me, I have been registered here for quite some time I have just never posted over here.

don't worry, Karen is nasty to everyone, she is an equal opportunity nastyness employer.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 08, 2006, 01:39:09 PM

Exactly, I thought Gruden could turn Gradkowski into Gannon this year. I mean come on, how come Gruden can't have a top offense with 2 rookies on the o-line, the starting left guard going on IR, rookie QB, a 2nd year RB, TE. It's ridiculous and Gruden won with Dungy's team, his players don't trust him, his ego is too big, Gruden's tearing down the franchise. Did I forget anything?

You forget 5 years of below average offenses, 4 of then in the bottom 10 in the league and an average offensive rank in scoring AND yards worse than Dungy's last year 5. This year isn't the aberration, it is worse than normal but not such a dip as to e crazy. Gruden hasn't built a decent offense here yet.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#40 : December 08, 2006, 01:35:12 PM

I'm a fan of the team, not Gruden.  Just because I want Gruden fired does not mean I don't like the bucs. 

Bandwagons are for losers anyway. 

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 08, 2006, 01:39:53 PM

How highly rated is defensive guru Tony Dungy's defense in Indianapolis. By this point he has HIS players and they aren't cutting the mustard. It really is obvious to me the he isn't cutting the mustard.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 08, 2006, 04:17:35 PM

keepon - you left out the part where the rookies dominate against the toughest schedule in the NFL. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 08, 2006, 05:32:03 PM

It's not even the fact that the "rookies" aren't dominating, they are getting progressively worse each week. Heck even Caddy is doing things he didn't do last year, and we all know about Michael Clayton, no matter what you will never convince me that this isn't the time for Gruden to go.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 08, 2006, 05:35:16 PM

It's not even the fact that the "rookies" aren't dominating, they are getting progressively worse each week. Heck even Caddy is doing things he didn't do last year, and we all know about Michael Clayton, no matter what you will never convince me that this isn't the time for Gruden to go.
It ight be simply the players putting too much pressure on themselves to make something happen...

I mean, as talented as they guys have demonstrated themselves to be, you would think it would be a huge hit to their ego for being part of this offensive disaster.  I mean, catch pigskin, run with pigskin, hang on too ball...pretty simple stuff right?

The players are not playing well, true.  But they might be pressing, is all I am saying.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: next year, when Gruden rights the ship... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools