Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone see what Obama's Preacher had to say about Natalee Holloway? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 28, 2008, 07:31:26 AM

It sounds to me like that "preacher" would be a good candidate for a founder of a black KKK.   What a hypocrite.   

eyeswideshut

Second String

#16 : March 28, 2008, 12:37:01 PM

Doesn't matter. I'll say that no matter what you say.

I was blinded by Obama's rhetoric for the longest time. But I saw the light.

By the time November rolls around, McCain will be so beat up it won't be funny.

Obama by himself cannot win. Obama plus VP X will win. X = Gore?
Edwards.

eyeswideshut

Second String

#17 : March 28, 2008, 12:38:43 PM

Amazing how you say that and then rail against my support of a former Navy Seal who says our
country is broken and needs a major over haul to get things going in the right direction.

Yeah, I'd say that American voters ARE strange.
The Navy Seal part is not the problem. The former pro wrestler part is.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : March 28, 2008, 12:41:46 PM

Amazing how you say that and then rail against my support of a former Navy Seal who says our
country is broken and needs a major over haul to get things going in the right direction.

Yeah, I'd say that American voters ARE strange.
The Navy Seal part is not the problem. The former pro wrestler part is.

Exactly - don't need roid rage in the White House.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 28, 2008, 12:44:10 PM

Crazyworld,

Who cares what somebody did in their former life? He was an actor. If you look at all of today's
politicians, they're all actors. And better ones than Jesse if you go by how many Americans
buy into their act.

I care about how he did as Governor. I know he had problems and the people weren't happy
when he left office. I want to read the book and see what his side of the story is. I know
the media side and it's not flattering.

Jesse speaks his mind no matter what. Would you rather have somebody tell you what you want
to hear?

I'm all for finding a perfect candidate. I'm willing to listen to names of candidates that fit the bill.
Go ahead.

Yeah, I'm sure Jesse is doing steroids as we speak. The dumbing down of America has worked.

eyeswideshut

Second String

#20 : March 28, 2008, 12:49:24 PM

I don't think he has any idea of how diplomacy works and Obama definitly does.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 28, 2008, 01:02:42 PM

Oh, so you're an Obama supporter? Did you say that originally or did I miss that?

Yeah, I was too until I started to check if there was any substance to his rhetoric.
I couldn't find much. I've stated my problems with Obama several times and
will not do so again. They're on other posts.

IMO, Obama is part of the same system that has us in this mess. He may have
good intentions but I don't think he's the answer. But he's going to win if he
selects a strong VP (Gore, Edwards or Clinton). Your Edwards idea is a
possibility. I am seeing Clinton as less and less of an option each day.
I thought she would be his VP. I think I was wrong.

Have you heard the guy who claims he performed oral sex on Obama and
did drugs with him in 1999.

You can listen to three recent interviews with the accuser here:

http://rense.com/Datapages/sinclairdat.htm

I refused to listen to them for a long time. But then said, "You know, I need
to hear everything (good and bad) before I commit to voting for somebody."
This is not the main reason I am not voting for Obama.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 28, 2008, 04:57:20 PM

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

He's said some pretty absurd stuff but this isn't one of them. He's pretty much dead-on ....

eyeswideshut

Second String

#23 : March 28, 2008, 09:30:44 PM

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

He's said some pretty absurd stuff but this isn't one of them. He's pretty much dead-on ....
I agree....and if it matters I am white.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 28, 2008, 10:39:38 PM

If you're white, attractive, come from a well off family and you go missing, you're
going to the top of the newscast around the world. Otherwise, we'll probably
never hear about it.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/journals/256/missing-persons.html

If you ask most Americans about a mass disaster, they're likely to think of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, Hurricane Katrina, or the Southeast Asian tsunami. Very few people - including law enforcement officials - would think of the number of missing persons and unidentified human remains in our Nation as a crisis. It is, however, what experts call "a mass disaster over time."

The facts are sobering. On any given day, there are as many as 100,000 active missing persons cases in the United States. Every year, tens of thousands of people vanish under su**CENSORED**ious circumstances. Viewed over a 20-year period, the number of missing persons can be estimated in the hundreds of thousands.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 29, 2008, 12:29:53 AM

Yea you're missing something, it's called class for one!

I happen to agree with his point in that with all the things happening in the world, as sad and as unfortunate as this case was, there were more important things in the world going on at the time. However, to imply that a dead girl that he does not know is a slut is beyond the pale. Particularly from the pulpit of a Church. Considering the illegitimacy rate of the African American population in this country, I think he ought to be putting his own house in order before he starts calling any other pot black.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 29, 2008, 01:46:22 AM

Could be that the Holloway case was all over the news because she was AMERICAN! The examples he brings up were not! Talk about double standards, imagine if McCain's white pastor made these comments about blacks, he would have already had to drop out and would be crucified by the media!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 29, 2008, 01:50:15 AM

country is broken

How does being a Navy Seal grunt, WWE wrestler, and actor qualify anyone for being President of the United States.  Because Minnesota voters ridiculously elected the idiot to be their governor, doesn't qualify him to be our President.  Scary that any normal American would consider the idiot to be electable.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 29, 2008, 11:37:01 AM

The only response I have is your own words.

Even as a Democrat with very little religious beliefs, I feel that Huckabee is the best choice to be President.   
Hope there are others like me.

Enough said.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 29, 2008, 11:39:26 AM

I believe my candidate did a better job in earning delegates than that nutjob you supported for many months, Ron Paul.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone see what Obama's Preacher had to say about Natalee Holloway? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools