Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone see what Obama's Preacher had to say about Natalee Holloway? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#45 : March 30, 2008, 09:51:46 AM

I think of Oprah were abducted, it would be all over the news.........

Naw.  She's black so there would be no mention of it.   It's all black vs. white, there are no other possibilities of why Holloway was a big story, but a girl in a poor undeveloped country on the other side of the world like Sudan is not in the news.   The only solution is the color of their skin.   Makes sense to me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : March 30, 2008, 10:51:05 AM

I think of Oprah were abducted, it would be all over the news.........

Naw.  She's black so there would be no mention of it.   It's all black vs. white, there are no other possibilities of why Holloway was a big story, but a girl in a poor undeveloped country on the other side of the world like Sudan is not in the news.   The only solution is the color of their skin.   Makes sense to me.

Are you oma with another screen name? Try reading what people were saying about how race, social status, gender and
attractiveness all play into how the stories are covered by the media.

Race, even if it's done on an unconscious level, is a factor. It's not the only factor as was stated by several posters.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#47 : March 30, 2008, 11:03:59 AM

I dont think race is a factor at all in this case.   
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did anyone see what Obama's Preacher had to say about Natalee Holloway? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools