Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

shall555

Starter

: December 06, 2006, 09:24:20 PM

Matt is a Super Bowl QB with Shaun Alexander and plenty of weapons to throw to, but check out the numbers! Bruce is only a rookie and will get better. The sky's the limit for this kid, once we surround him with top talent and experience. He has not reached his ceiling yet.

Comp   Att   Pct     Yds    TDs   Ints   Lng   Sacked   Rating   
Matt Hasselbeck       136   240  56.7  1.574   13     11     72      21          75.6
Bruce Gradkowski     159   293  54.3  1,503    9       9      53      22          66.1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 06, 2006, 09:26:56 PM

So who would you rather have running the Bucs?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 06, 2006, 09:27:53 PM

Can we let all of these comparisons go for a while? Just for a little while?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 06, 2006, 09:28:33 PM

Can we let all of these comparisons go for a while? Just for a little while?
I guess not.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 06, 2006, 09:31:02 PM

Shalla - numbers are fun.  Now go watch a game played by Hasselbeck and see the difference in play between Grads and a veteran. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#5 : December 06, 2006, 09:31:16 PM

okay this one isn't right, at all. Hasselbeck has been injured for most of the year....

shall555

Starter

#6 : December 06, 2006, 09:36:28 PM

My point of the post is that Matt has been in the league for 8 years and is putting up these kinds of numbers, but you don't hear the fans burning down the stadiums to have him benched or saying 'Matt sucks' 'Matt's not the answer'. Grads is a rookie and plays like one but the fact that his numbers compare favorably to an 8 year veteran with Super Bowl experience tells me, there is something there. The kid is going to be a damn good QB. There's gotta to be some positives to hang this season on, and most of you guys sound like a bunch of quitters and losers.

shall555

Starter

#7 : December 06, 2006, 09:39:19 PM

Shalla - numbers are fun. Now go watch a game played by Hasselbeck and see the difference in play between Grads and a veteran.

Well, judging by the numbers and the games, Hasselbeck isn't doing a whole lot either.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2006, 09:41:04 PM

but you don't hear the fans burning down the stadiums to have him benched or saying 'Matt sucks' 'Matt's not the answer'.

The fans are divided right now; some are very pro Simms and others want to move on, and Grads is the first stop in that process.  At the end of the year the staff will make the right decision.  If they just bring a veteran in and roll with McCown and Grads, they will obviously have seen some upside in those two.  If they draft a QB in the first two round we will be going in a different direction.

If the end result is the Buccs get better, then I for one will be happy, even if they decide Simms is the future.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 06, 2006, 09:48:07 PM

OK, here's THE difference---the Seahawks are winning, we are losing.  In every pathetic, disgusting, idiotic way possible. That's the only stat that counts! And if they decide Simms is the answer I expect to see MJS picketing 1 Buc palace!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 06, 2006, 09:56:37 PM

Did you guys see Sportscenter the other morning?  The one when they were talking about Brett Favre and how his rating is like 105 something when he wins, and when he loses, he is just, well....Bruce Gradkowski.

YES!  SEE!  The Media IS[/b] talking about Bruce!!!

I almost crapped my diaper!

Bruce is a great backup.  I am glad the Bucs have solid depth...now about getting a starter in here....

shall555

Starter

#11 : December 06, 2006, 09:59:00 PM

The fans are divided right now; some are very pro Simms and others want to move on, and Grads is the first stop in that process.  At the end of the year the staff will make the right decision.  If they just bring a veteran in and roll with McCown and Grads, they will obviously have seen some upside in those two.  If they draft a QB in the first two round we will be going in a different direction.

If the end result is the Buccs get better, then I for one will be happy, even if they decide Simms is the future.

This crap never ends. I've never seen a more divided fanbase in any NFL city EVER. There's the Dungy/Gruden camps, the Simms/Grads camps, the Dilfer/King camps, the King/Johnson camps, the Sapp/Booger camps, the Alstott lovers, the Duemig parrots, etc. LOL.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 06, 2006, 10:02:35 PM

As much as I think stats for rookie QB's mean diddly and squat here's the easy difference:

Gradkowski is the worst QB (min 100 throws) of all 40 QB's this season when compared to the average performance. He is basically 25% worse than a replacement level player. Young is 24th and Leinert is 16th in the ranking BTW- Simms is 38th. He's not doing well.

Now, the upside of that is that the worst guy ever measured ina  season was Alex smith and he's turning out sorta ok this season.

Don't confuse the fact that he's a rookie with any sense that he's doing well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : December 06, 2006, 10:04:14 PM

It's like a campaign without an election.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : December 06, 2006, 10:05:14 PM

As much as I think stats for rookie QB's mean diddly and squat here's the easy difference:

Gradkowski is the worst QB (min 100 throws) of all 40 QB's this season when compared to the average performance. He is basically 25% worse than a replacement level player. Young is 24th and Leinert is 16th in the ranking BTW- Simms is 38th. He's not doing well.

Now, the upside of that is that the worst guy ever measured ina season was Alex smith and he's turning out sorta ok this season.

Don't confuse the fact that he's a rookie with any sense that he's doing well.

Great post! Don't tell MJS.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools