Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 07, 2006, 02:41:26 AM

Great post. In there, you will notice that Smith sucked early on too but has started to turn it around.
Unfortunately, folks like Karen and Boid have already stated that Grads is not the guy because of
what they have seen so far. We'll see. I know better than to judge any rookie QB. He shows some
flashes of progressing but overall he has struggled in a big way. But for me, it's not a surprise.

You never make a flat out judgement (Grads will be a back-up) of a rookie this early in his career.
Everybody who follows football knows that.

Hey, let's face it. If Grads struggles again this week and throws the INTs, Luke will get a shot
and the Grads era could be finished if we get a vet QB in here next year. I don't see us drafting
a QB unless it's a(n) (alleged) can't miss guy.

The stats comparisons wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for people making ridiculous judgements
on a rookie. Like I said, it's one thing to say that Grads is struggling and entirely different animal
to say that he is struggling and will never amount to anything except a nice back-up.

Grads MAY turn out to be a dud. Or he could turn out to be a very good, STARTING WCO QB.

NOBODY knows yet. But Gru sees enough in him to give him at least one more start.

I'll cheer for any QB that takes us into the playoffs again. If it's Simms, I'm perfectly okay
wath that. It wasn't Simms who frustrated me. It was his play.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 07, 2006, 09:02:21 AM

My point of the post is that Matt has been in the league for 8 years and is putting up these kinds of numbers, but you don't hear the fans burning down the stadiums to have him benched or saying 'Matt sucks' 'Matt's not the answer'. Grads is a rookie and plays like one but the fact that his numbers compare favorably to an 8 year veteran with Super Bowl experience tells me, there is something there. The kid is going to be a damn good QB. There's gotta to be some positives to hang this season on, and most of you guys sound like a bunch of quitters and losers.

COO COO, COO COO............geez guys...................... ::) ::) ::) ::) [banghead]

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 07, 2006, 11:29:32 AM

Great post. In there, you will notice that Smith sucked early on too but has started to turn it around.
Unfortunately, folks like Karen and Boid have already stated that Grads is not the guy because of
what they have seen so far. We'll see. I know better than to judge any rookie QB. He shows some
flashes of progressing but overall he has struggled in a big way. But for me, it's not a surprise.

You never make a flat out judgement (Grads will be a back-up) of a rookie this early in his career.
Everybody who follows football knows that.

Hey, let's face it. If Grads struggles again this week and throws the INTs, Luke will get a shot
and the Grads era could be finished if we get a vet QB in here next year. I don't see us drafting
a QB unless it's a(n) (alleged) can't miss guy.

The stats comparisons wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for people making ridiculous judgements
on a rookie. Like I said, it's one thing to say that Grads is struggling and entirely different animal
to say that he is struggling and will never amount to anything except a nice back-up.

Grads MAY turn out to be a dud. Or he could turn out to be a very good, STARTING WCO QB.

NOBODY knows yet. But Gru sees enough in him to give him at least one more start.

I'll cheer for any QB that takes us into the playoffs again. If it's Simms, I'm perfectly okay
wath that. It wasn't Simms who frustrated me. It was his play.
Simms has 15 total starts.

And yet we can make thorough judgments on him?  Grads has 9 starts, so when it comes to playing when the bullets are flying, they are about on par. 

From the flashes I have seen from Simms, I think he displays some of the qualities I think are needed for this offense.  Grads has not really shown me all that much, and of course, he is a rookie, but a rookie with 9 or 10 games under his belt.  Simms hasn't payed a full season yet, in cumulation.

Both are extremely young QBs, I would like to see what both of them can do in TC, I am sure that it would be interesting...

I may be the Yin for GRads, but you are the Yang for him, so keep bringing it up if you must.  Really, you are in the same boat as me when it comes to this deliberation, which is to say you make it seem like I despise the kid, when in reality I do not.  And which is the same as if I make it seem like you despise Simms, which may/may not be the truth...

Hey, I have harsh comments about his abilities (Grads), so what?  Is it too inflammatory for you?  Hang on Joe, it will all get better in time...my opinion can be changed, unlike some.  But Grads has to play like he wants to sell the logo, and rightnow, he is driving people away.  Which is too say he is regressing.  Just show a sign Bruce...and we can build on that.

#18 : December 07, 2006, 11:42:53 AM

Hey, I have harsh comments about his abilities (Grads), so what?  Is it too inflammatory for you?  Hang on Joe, it will all get better in time...my opinion can be changed, unlike some.  But Grads has to play like he wants to sell the logo, and rightnow, he is driving people away.  Which is too say he is regressing.  Just show a sign Bruce...and we can build on that.

I think Bruce and Chris have both showed signs of doing some positive things, but it's hard at this point to make a real case for either of them.  Overall, they've mostly sucked.  I'm a fan of both, but Bruce is out there right now, so I'm really pulling for the guy.

That's what I keep saying on each drive the Bucs have: "Bruce...Bruce...Bruce...Just show me something, pleeeease!"

Hehe.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 07, 2006, 12:02:49 PM

One main difference between Bruce and other guys is:  he is a true rookie learning the system on the job.  Simms has 4 years and still makes terrible decisions.  As far as promise, I like Grads because for one thing...he's more fun to watch.  However, I agree with UFOJoe  ( Hi Joe) it's too early to tell anything about any of them.  therefore rather than roll the dice next year, we must draft a vet QB.  Let Simms and Grads battle it out in practice.  The problem is...I hate all the vet QBs and the teams that made that same decision have for the most part benched those QBs ( Bledsoe etc) or carted them off the field (McNab).  But I do not want Griese back.  I do like Brad Johnson but IMO he can't play a whole season.  I think he wears out about 3/4 of the way through.  However, that might not be a bad thing.  He knows our system and we can give Simms and Grads more time to improve.  Maybe we could take a page from Urban Myers Playbook and play both Simms and Grads.  Simms for the long balls and Grads foro the hustle.  And then mix it up.  The defenses would be totally messed up trying to defend between a left handed long baller and a right handed hustler.  I think our running game would really benefit from that.  Just an idea.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 07, 2006, 12:11:09 PM

One main difference between Bruce and other guys is: he is a true rookie learning the system on the job. Simms has 4 years and still makes terrible decisions. As far as promise, I like Grads because for one thing...he's more fun to watch. However, I agree with UFOJoe ( Hi Joe) it's too early to tell anything about any of them. therefore rather than roll the dice next year, we must draft a vet QB. Let Simms and Grads battle it out in practice. The problem is...I hate all the vet QBs and the teams that made that same decision have for the most part benched those QBs ( Bledsoe etc) or carted them off the field (McNab). But I do not want Griese back. I do like Brad Johnson but IMO he can't play a whole season. I think he wears out about 3/4 of the way through. However, that might not be a bad thing. He knows our system and we can give Simms and Grads more time to improve. Maybe we could take a page from Urban Myers Playbook and play both Simms and Grads. Simms for the long balls and Grads foro the hustle. And then mix it up. The defenses would be totally messed up trying to defend between a left handed long baller and a right handed hustler. I think our running game would really benefit from that. Just an idea.

I don't know what will happen with the QB situation next year but when you look at things regarding this sport it is really hard see us stayhing pat with what we currently have. I don't want a QB in the first but if Quinn is there I could see taking him. I know, sux but I'm just saying that when you look at this team what is the glaring obvious hole, the QB. I don't want a QB but I think its a real possiblity if Quinn is there, just my .02. I would like to take Joe Thomas, trust me but this team has got to get something at the QB position. I hope they don't but trust its a big time priority.

Baghead #2

#21 : December 07, 2006, 12:13:24 PM

okay this one isn't right, at all. Hasselbeck has been injured for most of the year....
Yeah, comparing the two is nothing short of ridiculous.

skip

Starter

#22 : December 07, 2006, 05:03:47 PM

Why bother to compair Gradkowski with anyone? This guy would be third on the depth chart at the Universty of Florida, He has no business being in the N.F.L. I have lost all confidence in Gruden to evaluate talent. Gradkowski is not a N.F.L. caliber quarterback, not gonna make it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 07, 2006, 05:08:51 PM

Why bother to compair Gradkowski with anyone? This guy would be third on the depth chart at the Universty of Florida, He has no business being in the N.F.L. I have lost all confidence in Gruden to evaluate talent. Gradkowski is not a N.F.L. caliber quarterback, not gonna make it.
And you're not a PR calibre poster, go back to TBBBB

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 07, 2006, 09:13:48 PM

I feel that Simms is still a few years away from showing us how good (or bad) he can be. I don't
know if he will excel in a non-WCO but he would probably like to give it a try.

Knowing how Gruden is with QBs, we'll either have a vet in here or a draft pick. Or both. If a QB
is picked with our 1st pick, he won't necessarily start. He may take the clip board for a few years.

I am really hoping the Grads shows us some progress this week. If he doesn't, it doesn't mean
he isn't an NFL QB. Just that he isn't one right now.

Hi Ladyfan. Hope all is well. I'm still in Alabama shooting "Two A Days" for MTV.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 07, 2006, 09:35:00 PM

Agree no sense in comparing Grads with anyone.

The rest of your thoughts are very emotional.  I don't think you can evaluate any skill position on the bucs this year, including Grads.  Too many injuries, too much schedule and too little good line play.  The only areas that could be evaluated are Oline and Dline.  That evaluation is not flattering, with some of it injuries, some lack of experience and way too little good solid play.

You can rant at Gruden if you feel like it bc it is a free country, but if you step back and look at it this team's biggest needs are line play.  It has to get better before a fan can get a read on skill position performance.  Without that you would have to be at practice to see players compete without the line.  That is simply not available to us. 

If bucs can get two good players to add to both the oline and dline a huge improvement will occur - even with players currently being ragged on by fans.  JMHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 07, 2006, 09:40:25 PM

Agree no sense in comparing Grads with anyone.

The rest of your thoughts are very emotional.  I don't think you can evaluate any skill position on the bucs this year, including Grads.  Too many injuries, too much schedule and too little good line play.  The only areas that could be evaluated are Oline and Dline.  That evaluation is not flattering, with some of it injuries, some lack of experience and way too little good solid play.

You can rant at Gruden if you feel like it bc it is a free country, but if you step back and look at it this team's biggest needs are line play.  It has to get better before a fan can get a read on skill position performance.  Without that you would have to be at practice to see players compete without the line.  That is simply not available to us. 

If bucs can get two good players to add to both the oline and dline a huge improvement will occur - even with players currently being ragged on by fans.  JMHO

WOW.....not used to good sense and reasoning around here as of late, I am shocked.......I need a lie down now.  :o

You Sir are a PR caliber poster. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 07, 2006, 09:46:56 PM

Aw shucks, all I did was stay at a holiday inn.....  LOL.  Thanks for the kind words. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#28 : December 07, 2006, 10:28:31 PM

This is actually a very true statement.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : December 07, 2006, 10:31:29 PM

but you don't hear the fans burning down the stadiums to have him benched or saying 'Matt sucks' 'Matt's not the answer'.

The fans are divided right now; some are very pro Simms and others want to move on, and Grads is the first stop in that process.  At the end of the year the staff will make the right decision.  If they just bring a veteran in and roll with McCown and Grads, they will obviously have seen some upside in those two.  If they draft a QB in the first two round we will be going in a different direction.

If the end result is the Buccs get better, then I for one will be happy, even if they decide Simms is the future.

I am not pro Simms or Grads.  I am pro Bucs.  Right now I don't think Grads can lead us anywhere good, and I am doubtful about Simms as well.  I am in the minority but I think we should draft a QB round 1 like Quinn, Russell, and then either A. Sigm Simms and have him and Grads fight for the next year or 2 while our potential franchise QB learns or B. sign a vet to compete with Grads for the next year or 2 while our potential franchise QB learns.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools