Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 07, 2006, 10:50:20 PM

You are certainly entitled to that feeling Ray, but I don't see the bucs drafting a qb even with if they end up with the first overall.  QB is gonna be a vet or familar with Gruden's WCO in my mind.  The guy can't stand losing, and while he is teaching a rookie the NFL AND his system he is gonna be losing.

PS
If the bucs could run the damn ball and pass protect some Grads would be looking a lot better.  And next year we won't have the league's toughest schedule making the bucs look worse than they are, just my thoughts

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 07, 2006, 10:54:48 PM

I am not pro Simms or Grads.  I am pro Bucs.  Right now I don't think Grads can lead us anywhere good, and I am doubtful about Simms as well.  I am in the minority but I think we should draft a QB round 1 like Quinn, Russell, and then either A. Sigm Simms and have him and Grads fight for the next year or 2 while our potential franchise QB learns or B. sign a vet to compete with Grads for the next year or 2 while our potential franchise QB learns.

I don't disagree with much of the above Ray, but I haven't written Grads off just yet.  If the coaching staff don't think Grads has longterm upside, or McCown, then they should definitely draft a QB in the first two rounds.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : December 07, 2006, 10:57:05 PM

I think Gruden's playbook should be confiscated & burned. Try something that's not so freaking complicated. Nobody can remember which way they're supposed to shift before they shift back!  Find some kind of offense that gets us out of the freaking basement.  How many ways can our defense be scorched before some one realizes---hey! this ain't working! And I'm tired of hearing we need the right people!  You got "your people" & our offense sucks! You had to "make do" with other guys & won the damn super bowl! I can't watch that 1 dvd forever.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#33 : December 07, 2006, 11:11:14 PM

You are certainly entitled to that feeling Ray, but I don't see the bucs drafting a qb even with if they end up with the first overall. QB is gonna be a vet or familar with Gruden's WCO in my mind. The guy can't stand losing, and while he is teaching a rookie the NFL AND his system he is gonna be losing.

PS
If the bucs could run the damn ball and pass protect some Grads would be looking a lot better. And next year we won't have the league's toughest schedule making the bucs look worse than they are, just my thoughts

Ok, so regardless of whether we draft a QB rd 1 or not, you feel we will go with a Vet or Grads right?

So why don't we draft a QB in rd 1 and STILL go with Grads or a vet next year?

Wouldn't it be the same thing?

Surely you don't think that this 1 guy we draft round 1 is the difference between us being a great team and not do you?

So why not draft for the future, have this same vet/grads hold it down for now, and start to build a team around a potential franchise QB?

I don't know about you, but I am tired of nearly every year asking, who is the QB going to be?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski stats vs Matt Hasselbeck's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools