Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't care! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#135 : April 11, 2008, 01:44:48 PM

you can also blame the heads of the media organizations for not
putting informing the public ahead of profits.

Why should they?

According to the FCC regulations, they have to serve the public interest. Is a year's coverage of Anne Nicole
in our best interest or is informing us about important news more important?

Biggs, I agree with you. But I just ignore it and learn what I can while I laugh.

The public tells them what they are interested in by voting with their pocketbooks and viewing habits.  And they are clearly more interested in Anna Nicole Smith than the elections in Zimbabwe.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#136 : April 11, 2008, 01:50:47 PM

It's the evolution of the idiocracy.  Before cable people watched the news or didn't watch TV at all.  Now with hundreds of alt channels during the news hours the Networks have to **CENSORED**e up things or lose viewers to ESPN/SciFI/E!/Seinfeld reruns.  They can run a story about issues/candidates and lose viewers or run a story about Brittney's shaved/unshaved regions and get ratings.

It does no good for the Networks to put the public good ahead of profits if the public is just going to ignore them anyway.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't convince him to drink now before the creek runs dry.  And the creek is getting very dry.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#137 : April 11, 2008, 01:53:36 PM

you can also blame the heads of the media organizations for not
putting informing the public ahead of profits.

Why should they?

According to the FCC regulations, they have to serve the public interest. Is a year's coverage of Anne Nicole
in our best interest or is informing us about important news more important?

Biggs, I agree with you. But I just ignore it and learn what I can while I laugh.

The public tells them what they are interested in by voting with their pocketbooks and viewing habits. And they are clearly more interested in Anna Nicole Smith than the elections in Zimbabwe.

or the US

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#138 : April 11, 2008, 03:57:59 PM

I also think the 24 hour news network drives puff pieces and builds self importance. It drives infotainment policies. If they only had a couple of hours to tell you what happened it would get interesting.

I don't like Olberman - maybe it was too much exposure during his ESPN days - but his mental midget political views are SO left of center it's not credibility. I stopped even checking in with him when he gave his weak defense for not saying how he voted...we all know how he voted and how he tried to influence people to vote against Republicans - then tried to pass himself off as a non-biased journalist.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#139 : April 11, 2008, 04:15:09 PM

What a total unmitigated idiot!! They hate us because we are in their countries!! And like the other fools that don't get that she thinks 9/11 is/was related to the war in Iraq. It isn't and never was! Moron!!

Dude I hate to get into this fray but they came here first and tried their best. Get your facts straight.
I say knock their teeth down their throat and then leave. Take some oil along the way and then tell them WHEN THEY CRY I DON'T CARE!!!!...OBD

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#140 : April 11, 2008, 04:29:00 PM

What a total unmitigated idiot!! They hate us because we are in their countries!! And like the other fools that don't get that she thinks 9/11 is/was related to the war in Iraq. It isn't and never was! Moron!!

Dude I hate to get into this fray but they came here first and tried their best. Get your facts straight.
I say knock their teeth down their throat and then leave. Take some oil along the way and then tell them WHEN THEY CRY I DON'T CARE!!!!...OBD

"They"?  Who are "they"?  All the ones that "came here and tried their best" have been dead for over 6 years.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#141 : April 11, 2008, 06:55:50 PM

Like I've said before - when we left Lebanon after they bombed the Marine barracks, did that stop them?

When they shot down a blackhawk helicopter crew in Somalia, killed each of them and then drug their lifeless bodies through the streets in a show of victory - we retreated from their country - did that stop them? Or do we now get to go and face these warlords again in Dharfur - only now they are a bolder more confident killer.

When we lost 3000 souls in the twin towers on 9/11 - we attacked Afghanistan, righted the country, ran out the Taliban and turned the prosecution of the war over to NATO forces - did that stop them? No they went to Spain and London and killed more people. Theirs is a philosophy of death and hate basterdizing a religion in order to win converts - we must have the resolve to hunt them like the animals they are and kill them until they are all gone.

I don't know what you don't get? They aren't looking for us to leave. They are looking for us to burn up and die - short of that - they will hunt us and plan an attack in a Indonesian Disco, a London tube, or a crowded Spainish metro...or maybe on a beautiful morning in fall you get to work early enough to watch some plains fly into your building - while you're 90 stories in the air...? Maybe you'll have enough time to call your wife and tell her you were wrong...maybe...

but they won't be blamed - because America started this. All we have to do is retreat...again...

We should have gotten out of Iraq on 9/11 - maybe they wouldn't have killed so many innocent people...wait...

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't care! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools