Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't care! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 30, 2008, 12:25:48 AM

Maybe I missed it, but where exactly did this woman ever say that Iraq and 9/11 were connected? 

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 30, 2008, 03:05:09 PM

The Blame America First crowd sounds identical to what Rev Wright

expounded.  The God-Damn America group. Some of you should turn in your citizenship.

yeah we should turn in OUR citizenship because we have a different view than yours.
Thats an interesting concept......have we seen anywhere before that says You are less because you are different?

Look 9/11 was not connected to IRAQ...until we invaded Iraq again and brought more of them to Iraq.
Was Saddam a bad guy and deserved the noose...hell yeah....but dang it dont have 9/11 as a justification for everything.

Everything today is draped in the flag of 9/11 or in Patriotism.....the implication is...if you are against (INSERT PATRIOTIC LAW HERE) then you are against America.

Thats not what this country was based on. This country was based on disent and saying this far and no further. Those signers of the declaration of independence would have been hung as traitors.... While we are not creating a new country...our problems are as diverse as our people and our ideas. THAT is what makes America great.

eyeswideshut

Second String

#17 : March 30, 2008, 03:37:34 PM

The Blame America First crowd sounds identical to what Rev Wright

expounded. The God-Damn America group. Some of you should turn in your citizenship.

yeah we should turn in OUR citizenship because we have a different view than yours.
Thats an interesting concept......have we seen anywhere before that says You are less because you are different?

Look 9/11 was not connected to IRAQ...until we invaded Iraq again and brought more of them to Iraq.
Was Saddam a bad guy and deserved the noose...hell yeah....but dang it dont have 9/11 as a justification for everything.

Everything today is draped in the flag of 9/11 or in Patriotism.....the implication is...if you are against (INSERT PATRIOTIC LAW HERE) then you are against America.

Thats not what this country was based on. This country was based on disent and saying this far and no further. Those signers of the declaration of independence would have been hung as traitors.... While we are not creating a new country...our problems are as diverse as our people and our ideas. THAT is what makes America great.
*applause*  Great post, sir!

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 30, 2008, 08:16:19 PM

thanks crazy

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 30, 2008, 08:59:41 PM

sure a lot of problems are america's fault. comes with the territory as being a leader. i'll care when the rest of the world starts payin' back what they've been given by our great nation. until then they can kiss mine.

I hope the rest of the world forgets what our great country has given them, like:

Fast food, constant interference in their affairs, the threat of nuclear obliteration, military aid to murdereous dictatorships, cluster bombs, 65 different kinds of land mine, and last but not least, holier than thou, partially literate chest beaters that know why 'Merica is Best but not when to capitalize letters.

note to the geniuses that say iraq and 9/11 weren't related - because you say so doesn't make it a fact, any more than because the white house says so makes it a lie. the notion that the thug in power in iraq had no relationship with other thugs in the region is about as juvenile as the whole "if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone" mentality.

I don't know about geniuses, but most educated people do insist on evidence.  And there is NO evidence that Hussein and Bin Laden had any connection.

read the corporate charter some time for club islam and you get a sense that they are in it for the long haul in terms of hurting non-muslims. and if you disagree, at least come across as someone who disagrees with reasons. the name calling and venom and partisan slant is so tiresome. a good point gets missed because of the garbage it comes packaged in.

If by the "corporate charter of club Islam" you mean the Quoran,  it is obvious you have not read it, so dont claim that you have.  If you actually believe that all 2 billion people that are Islamic are only interested in hurting non-muslims, then it is you spitting the hateful venom.

i just refuse to look at the billions in aid and resource this country offers the world with very little coming back and call us the bad guys. i also am not a big believer that the guy messing with my friend, but not with me is not my problem. rollin' like that is pretty chickenspit.

Maybe look at the fact that the largest per capita receipient of the "billions in aid" is a country that has waged non-stop war against arabs since its formation in 1948, and whose government has killed more muslims than any nation in the world.  When your "friend" is actually a financial dependant, that constantly attacks and provokes his neighbors (and even attacked you once), would it not be better to take the friend aside and give him a "talking to" rather than just come in swinging?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 30, 2008, 09:49:52 PM

Uh oh, JG. You criticized Israel. Oooooooooo. You gonna get it!

I knew there was a reason I liked JG's and Sam's posts so much.

Sometimes! ;-)

eyeswideshut

Second String

#21 : March 30, 2008, 10:59:28 PM

Yes! A brilliant post John Gault?. Most of the posters here really hate it when you prove them wrong. LOL!!

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 31, 2008, 12:52:17 AM

I mean are people so tied up in thier little world that they cant see the forest for the trees?

The scary thing is ....i think people do forget that freedom is not only having the rite to say and do as you please...but respecting other people's views.
Oma and others....I respect your view....I think ts crap....but I do respect it.....all I ask is the same from you.

Question my views on Iraq , the red white and blue, or what TV show I choose to watch.....Ill do the same to you.....
The difference as I see it.....is that IM NOT TELLING YOU, YOU ARE LESS BECAUSE OF IT.

Freedom doesnt mean everyone has to agree folks.
We are diverse, we are patriotic, we are black, we are white, we are democrats, we are republicans.........but we are Americans first.

<steps off soapbox>

By the way...if you get a chance...check out John Adams on HBO...friggin incredible man.

#23 : March 31, 2008, 01:27:24 AM

sure a lot of problems are america's fault. comes with the territory as being a leader. i'll care when the rest of the world starts payin' back what they've been given by our great nation. until then they can kiss mine.

I hope the rest of the world forgets what our great country has given them, like:

Fast food, constant interference in their affairs, the threat of nuclear obliteration, military aid to murdereous dictatorships, cluster bombs, 65 different kinds of land mine, and last but not least, holier than thou, partially literate chest beaters that know why 'Merica is Best but not when to capitalize letters.

Wow talk about a spin fest. I think anyone who can read through your slanted personal beliefs will actually take the examples you listed as further proof that we have sacrificed a lot for the rest of the world. You know when they look at them without the "I HATE THIS COUNTRY BUT STILL LIVE HERE" goggles.

you REALLY are under the belief that we don't help other countries? You really think we do more harm than good? If you DO think that, you think it is intentional? You think there is any single country that does more help for the rest of teh world without asking for anything in return than we do?

One can only imagine how many luxuries you take full advantage of, that wouldnt be available to you in other 'less savage' countries

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 31, 2008, 01:41:39 AM

note to the geniuses that say iraq and 9/11 weren't related - because you say so doesn't make it a fact, any more than because the white house says so makes it a lie. the notion that the thug in power in iraq had no relationship with other thugs in the region is about as juvenile as the whole "if we leave them alone they'll leave us alone" mentality.

I don't know about geniuses, but most educated people do insist on evidence. And there is NO evidence that Hussein and Bin Laden had any connection.

read the corporate charter some time for club islam and you get a sense that they are in it for the long haul in terms of hurting non-muslims. and if you disagree, at least come across as someone who disagrees with reasons. the name calling and venom and partisan slant is so tiresome. a good point gets missed because of the garbage it comes packaged in.

If by the "corporate charter of club Islam" you mean the Quoran, it is obvious you have not read it, so dont claim that you have. If you actually believe that all 2 billion people that are Islamic are only interested in hurting non-muslims, then it is you spitting the hateful venom.

i just refuse to look at the billions in aid and resource this country offers the world with very little coming back and call us the bad guys. i also am not a big believer that the guy messing with my friend, but not with me is not my problem. rollin' like that is pretty chickenspit.

Maybe look at the fact that the largest per capita receipient of the "billions in aid" is a country that has waged non-stop war against arabs since its formation in 1948, and whose government has killed more muslims than any nation in the world. When your "friend" is actually a financial dependant, that constantly attacks and provokes his neighbors (and even attacked you once), would it not be better to take the friend aside and give him a "talking to" rather than just come in swinging?

Wow.

The Phist is back...get yo popcorn ready!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 31, 2008, 01:52:23 AM

The Phist has been deflated by several quality posts by crazy, Sfic and JG...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 31, 2008, 01:57:10 AM

I actually liked Phist's post, so I am getting the popcorn ready anyway.

All good posts, but nothing wrong with Phist's Joe.

Keep in mind, in some places in the M.E., having a bible is a punishable offense.  That is absurd.  And sounds like the ENTIRE nation of Islam is trying to squelch any other opinions...that kind of thinking makes me nervous.  When someone tells me what I should believe in, it always does.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 31, 2008, 01:15:25 PM

I actually liked Phist's post, so I am getting the popcorn ready anyway.

All good posts, but nothing wrong with Phist's Joe.

Keep in mind, in some places in the M.E., having a bible is a punishable offense.  That is absurd.  And sounds like the ENTIRE nation of Islam is trying to squelch any other opinions...that kind of thinking makes me nervous.  When someone tells me what I should believe in, it always does.

Entire nation of Islam? You mean the one group or every Muslim?

I love my astrotheology and the Bible.

eyeswideshut

Second String

#28 : March 31, 2008, 03:09:20 PM

There are different sects (?) of Islam. Just like Christianity.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 01, 2008, 08:34:22 PM

Does anyone have any links or proof about this "having a bible is a crime" thing?

The reason I ask is that the Quoran repeatedly cites and quotes the Bible, mostly the Old Testament.  How can a Saudi be a good muslim and really understand the Quoran when he reads a quote like "as Joshua said..." or "follow the laws given to Moses" if you don't have a bible to look up the Ten Commandments or whatever Joshua said?  Heck, muslims wouldn't even know what to eat because all the Quoran says is follow the rules of Leviticus.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I don't care! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools