Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida vacation home « previous next »
Page: 1

wiggumdk

Starter

: March 30, 2008, 02:32:47 PM

Hi guys,

Because of the favorable dollar vs. euro exchange rate and the low property prices in the US at the moment I have decided to look into purchasing a vacation home in Florida. I plan to use it when I travel to the US and renting out the rest of time.

I'm going to an seminar on Wednesday to hear about buying property in Floriday. There will be Danish lawyers, bankers and realtors present to speak about the possibilites and so forth but any tips you guys could throw my way would be much appreciated. I know nothing about what to look for and what to pay attention to so I've you've got some advice please post them.  :)

One of the companies I'm interested in starting a dialouge with is Florida Properties Inc. The reason why I've choosen them is that one of the owners is from Denmark, speaks Danish and knows how the Danish realty market is compared to the US. Their website is http://www.floridapropertiesinc.com/

Is it possible to check that company out to learn if they are a respectable company with a clean record and happy customers?

Another comany claims to be a special Scandinavian agency of Keyes Company/Realtors. Anybody knows about Keyes Company/Realtors? They're supposdly a wellesteemed and establish realty company with over 80 years of experience in Florida.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#1 : March 30, 2008, 10:11:45 PM

I would reccomend, First decide where in FL you want to live.  It is a very large state, with very different locales.

Then pick a realtor to deal with.  One who specializes in that area.

The one you linked specializes in properties in Orlando, West Palm (over priced), and the Disney area.

Also remember, the realtor WORKS FOR THE SELLER.  So if you are looking to buy, use more than one and let them fight it out.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florida vacation home « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools