Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where does Brian Leonard go in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: December 07, 2006, 11:42:00 AM

The more I see and read about this guy, the more I'd like to see him in red & pewter. The question is where do you take him?

http://brianleonard23.com/

Click on photo #2

#1 : December 07, 2006, 11:46:16 AM

Haha...he's surfing on that guy.  I think that if we do trade down and get a third 2nd rounder, we could take him with the Colts 2nd rounder.  That would be after we've addressed

1. DT
2. DE
3. Either WR/OL

It would all depend on what happens in FA as well.  He would be a unique threat out of the FB position, though.  Some speed, some toughness, and HANDS.  I like the package.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 07, 2006, 11:50:48 AM

I've watched him in High School, when he was rushing for around 220-300 yards on any given night, watched him at Rutgers, and the guy is versatile, and a football player incarnate.  He will not complain, he will do what is asked, and he will get the job done at the NFLlevel.  The guy is great at the intangibles, leadership, playing hurt, etc...and he can block like a brick wall, he can bust short yard runs with a combination of speed and power, and the man can flat out catch a football.  In the flats, on post routes, and he can run pretty damned fast when he hits open field.  I like the kid, but is it what the Bucs need?  If they sign some DTs through FA, they might be able to afford a second round (late) pick on the kid.  He would be an ideal blocking mate for Caddy...and an ideal fit for the WCO when Gruden realizes that the kid is a hybrid model FB.  There aren't any like him.  Not even Mike.  Mike will never have the flat line speed, or the hands this kid does.  Nor will Leonard ever freight train people the way Mike did...

I doubt he lands in Tampa.  If he does, I know I will have some signed Buc gear though!

Gullfer1

Second String
#3 : December 07, 2006, 12:27:31 PM

Boid, we talked about Brian Leonard earlier this year.  I've watched his play since he started at Rutgers.  I agree with your post but one thing you left out was his ability to leap over the defender and gain a few extra yards.  I sure would like him as a Buc.  IMO he is the type of FB Gruden loves, he can run, block and great hands.  Has a great attitude his team comes first .  Hope some how the Bucs could land him.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : December 07, 2006, 12:29:12 PM

Im hoping he ends up with the Bucs!   he would make a nice 1-2 punch with caddy, i think our early 3rd will get him

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 07, 2006, 12:39:55 PM

Most boards I have seen have him going early 2nd.  Since RBs usually slip and FBs aren't much in demand anymore, hopefully he drops.

#6 : December 07, 2006, 12:40:02 PM

The more I see and read about this guy, the more I'd like to see him in red & pewter. The question is where do you take him?

Click on photo #2

He is a Mike Allsott clone....runs with his shoulders square. Punishing back who will be a steal.

My guess early-mid 3rd round. Weither Gruden wants another running fullback I dont know

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 07, 2006, 12:40:41 PM

With more teams starting to have guys play the "H-back" position, he could be targeted early.  Would love to have him here.  The guy has the ability to really add a dimension to any teams short/intermediate yardage playbook, as well as a fantastic check down option.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 07, 2006, 12:44:55 PM

IMHO Leaonard has slipped some which would help those who wish to get him. He had more that 10 carries in a game twice this year and only had 4 in their biggest game against WVU last weekend. Don't know much about the guy but if he is the stud that everyone says he is, why the lack of carries? 2 games for the entire season he had over 10 carries and 6 games he had no more than 5 carries. Why was he not getting the ball that much. I know they have Rice but if they have this all world guy in leonard why the lack of production?

Baghead #2

#9 : December 07, 2006, 12:54:19 PM

IMHO Leaonard has slipped some which would help those who wish to get him. He had more that 10 carries in a game twice this year and only had 4 in their biggest game against WVU last weekend. Don't know much about the guy but if he is the stud that everyone says he is, why the lack of carries? 2 games for the entire season he had over 10 carries and 6 games he had no more than 5 carries. Why was he not getting the ball that much. I know they have Rice but if they have this all world guy in leonard why the lack of production?

i think you answered you own question.

One another note, he certainly likes to get airborn.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 07, 2006, 01:01:03 PM

So Rice took away over 90 carries and 19 receptions away from Leonard and everyone wants leonard? I'm sorry but I'm just no involved when an underclassman is stealing 91 carries from Leonard if Leonard is suppose to be the man, I don't get it. I think Leonard has a nice game but R4 for me, maybe, no sooner.

He has had 361 less yards, had 91 less carries and 19 less recptions this year and scored 12 less TD this year (17 to 5) . What is the big facination with Brian Leonard?

Baghead #2

#11 : December 07, 2006, 01:03:02 PM

Mike Allstott at Purdue
 3,635 Yards  39 touchdowns

Brian Leonard at Rutgers
 2,731 yards 32 touchdowns longest is 83 yards

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 07, 2006, 01:03:23 PM

Click on photo #2

I like Leonard a lot, and I have pimped him quite a bit.   He would be a great addition has a FB, and RB, plus he has soft hands.  Caddy misses having a guy of Brown's caliber in the back-field and Leonard would be a huge boost for our running game.

I would take in at the top of the 2nd if there was a chance he will go elsewhere before our late second round pick.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 07, 2006, 01:04:09 PM

So Rice took away over 90 carries and 19 receptions away from Leonard and everyone wants leonard? I'm sorry but I'm just no involved when an underclassman is stealing 91 carries from Leonard if Leonard is suppose to be the man, I don't get it. I think Leonard has a nice game but R4 for me, maybe, no sooner.

He has had 361 less yards, had 91 less carries and 19 less recptions this year and scored 12 less TD this year (17 to 5) . What is the big facination with Brian Leonard?

Ronnie Brown took a lot of carries from Caddy...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 07, 2006, 01:09:05 PM

Ronnie Brown took a lot of carries from Caddy...

Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams where picked in the top 5 of the NFL Draft too...

I think Leonard has a nice game but that is a dramatic drop off in production. They had Rice last year as well...

Leonad has 229 less carries than Rice and we should take leonard in the 2nd round??? Come on guys, maybe 3rd, maybe!

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where does Brian Leonard go in the draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools