Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where does Brian Leonard go in the draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 07, 2006, 01:13:43 PM

Leonad has 229 less carries than Rice and we should take leonard in the 2nd round??? Come on guys, maybe 3rd, maybe!

I think he will go in the 2nd round, but hopefully he drops to late 2nd early 3rd, then we might just take him.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 07, 2006, 01:19:39 PM

He very well may go. I like his game but with our situation I don't see a priority on a FB/HB in the 2nd but, maybe that is just me.

Baghead #2

#17 : December 07, 2006, 01:25:02 PM

I like Leonard a lot, and I have pimped him quite a bit.   He would be a great addition has a FB, and RB, plus he has soft hands.  Caddy misses having a guy of Brown's caliber in the back-field and Leonard would be a huge boost for our running game.

I would take in at the top of the 2nd if there was a chance he will go elsewhere before our late second round pick.

Top of the 2nd? hmmmm

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 07, 2006, 01:28:12 PM

I like Leonard a lot, and I have pimped him quite a bit.   He would be a great addition has a FB, and RB, plus he has soft hands.  Caddy misses having a guy of Brown's caliber in the back-field and Leonard would be a huge boost for our running game.

I would take in at the top of the 2nd if there was a chance he will go elsewhere before our late second round pick.

Top of the 2nd? hmmmm

Scary isn't it! Just think Leoanrd with our 1st 2nd rd pick, yikes!!!!!!!! Scary thought!

Baghead #2

#19 : December 07, 2006, 01:35:18 PM

I like Leonard a lot, and I have pimped him quite a bit.   He would be a great addition has a FB, and RB, plus he has soft hands.  Caddy misses having a guy of Brown's caliber in the back-field and Leonard would be a huge boost for our running game.

Top of the 2nd? hmmmm

Unless there is a team like Chicago who is basically complete that likes what they see in him in round two (a la Devin Hester) I dont see a team taking Brian in the second. However you never know with  the draft these days.

That said with our additional draft selection in the second round...I wouldnt be making a trip to the skyway if we did take Brain with our first pick in round two especially if we go defense round one and/or trade down and gain a third second round pick

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 07, 2006, 01:41:20 PM

IMHO Leaonard has slipped some which would help those who wish to get him. He had more that 10 carries in a game twice this year and only had 4 in their biggest game against WVU last weekend. Don't know much about the guy but if he is the stud that everyone says he is, why the lack of carries? 2 games for the entire season he had over 10 carries and 6 games he had no more than 5 carries. Why was he not getting the ball that much. I know they have Rice but if they have this all world guy in leonard why the lack of production?

It is called a heaping helping of Rice.  Ray Rice.

Leonard has demonstrated already he can run when given the chances, he has had a role reversal this year, and willingly accepted becomng more a part of the blocking scheme to free up Rice, who is going to be an ice HB in the pro's himself.  It just demonstrates why this kid is so good, if you think about it.  And it is not so much a demotion he took, but he understands how good Ray Rice is, and he also understands how important it is for him to have a nice blocker...which he is most certainly.  Leonard could have bolted last year, and he KNEW that Rice was about to become THE back at Rutgers.  And look where they are, and the season they had.  Leonard is a stud, no doubt about it.  He is the all-time reception leader at Rutgers (not saying a ton, but saying enough about his hands).

He pancakes LBers, he always finds someone to block, and when he is in the flats as a forgotten man, he can rip the big gain on ya.  He has better hands than all the Bucs right now, excpet maybe Ike...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 07, 2006, 01:43:49 PM

Boid, I have seen him play several times, he is a stud. I'm not trying to sling mud on the guy but I don't know about R2 that is all.

Everything you said is spot on, he is a great team guy and a great blocker, can run, good hands and I could say tons of great stuff about the guy, but R2, I just don't know. I think R3 would be good and R4 would be the steal of the draft. We just have so many holes on this team.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 07, 2006, 01:45:22 PM

I haven't seen a lot of Rutgers, only bits here and there. Saw him catching the ball well and a few tough runs, but how's his blocking?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 07, 2006, 01:46:40 PM

Boid, I have seen him play several times, he is a stud. I'm not trying to sling mud on the guy but I don't know about R2 that is all.

Everything you said is spot on, he is a great team guy and a great blocker, can run, good hands and I could say tons of great stuff about the guy, but R2, I just don't know. I think R3 would be good and R4 would be the steal of the draft. We just have so many holes on this team.
Agree Cville, agree.  I have always said he is a good player, and trust me, some team will take him in the second.  But the Bucs cannot afford to take him with one of their first day picks, for sure.  Unless...

They nab a FA DT, draft another D-lineman, and and O-lineman, and he slips to late in the second, then he would be a steal, and a boost top the run game.  HE would definitely be the man to stop one LBer cold...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 07, 2006, 01:47:55 PM

I haven't seen a lot of Rutgers, only bits here and there. Saw him catching the ball well and a few tough runs, but how's his blocking?

His blocking is superb.  He is a wide framed guy, with some speed to seek out the defense before they can make an adjustment for a better angle.  Leonards second best asset is his blocking, IMO.  His first is his speed, and his third is his hands.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 07, 2006, 01:48:29 PM

They nab a FA DT, draft another D-lineman, and and O-lineman, and he slips to late in the second, then he would be a steal, and a boost top the run game.  HE would definitely be the man to stop one LBer cold...

FA DE Justin Smith
FA OT Leonard Davis
FA DT (unknown)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 07, 2006, 01:49:15 PM

His blocking is superb.

Then he'd work here.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 07, 2006, 01:50:04 PM

Leonard would be a great fit for sure, good blocker, runner, receiver and character, no question.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 07, 2006, 01:50:11 PM

They nab a FA DT, draft another D-lineman, and and O-lineman, and he slips to late in the second, then he would be a steal, and a boost top the run game. HE would definitely be the man to stop one LBer cold...

FA DE Justin Smith
FA OT Leonard Davis
FA DT (unknown)

Then he should be picked up, IMO.  With the late 2nd rounder, of course...

#29 : December 07, 2006, 01:55:39 PM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brian Leonard (born February 3, 1984 from Gouverneur, New York) is an American football player for Rutgers University. He is the Scarlet Knights' three-year star and has earned numerous awards for his play in the Big East Conference and is regarded as arguably the best fullback and one of the top all-purpose backs in college football. Leonard is renowned for his amazing athleticism for his size, hands, speed and leadership. He is famous for his "Leonard Leap" in which he will jump right over the heads of would-be tacklers. Rutgers faithful have taken to calling him Brian "Beast" Leonard.

In 2006, Leonard started the season being promoted as a Heisman Trophy candidate. He is prominently displayed at one of the world’s most famous landmarks thanks to a video clip currently airing on the NBC Astrovision by Panasonic in New York City’s Times Square. He will likely not win the Heisman due to the excellent play of Rutgers teammate sophomore tailback Ray Rice. Brian Leonard has the talent to be a starting RB in the NFL. But as a fullback he will most likely play the role of a power leading blocker and receiver out of the backfield because of his good hands. He has been recorded in the 40 at 4.47 and 4.52 (By comparison Emmitt Smith ran a 4.7).
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where does Brian Leonard go in the draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools