Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Being Frugal Pay Off? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : March 31, 2008, 02:27:30 AM

Agreed. But if the Bucs win the division and there are two 8-8 teams and a 7-9, is it still a ''bad'' division?

In Verner We Trust

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 31, 2008, 02:30:56 AM

Agreed. But if the Bucs win the division and there are two 8-8 teams and a 7-9, is it still a ''bad'' division?

Depends on how it plays out.  But I think it's unlikely.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#32 : March 31, 2008, 03:07:05 AM

I agree Boid... I think Bryant will surprise alot of people. I believe we have a solid team and the draft will just be icing on top

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 31, 2008, 07:32:51 AM

The Bucs upgraded the offense by adding Faine, Troupe and an equally enigmatic Bryant.
The Bucs upgraded the offense by adding Faine, Troupe and an equally enigmatic Bryant.

Only this board could this statement ever be made. 

Faine is a decent addition and no more han that.  Troupe caught 5 passes last year, and Bryant didn't even play. 

I can't stand Stevens the man, but it would be a stretch to even pretend that Troupe can match Steven's pass catching production last year.  Bryant is a poor man's David Boston.  Hope and a lot of prayer is at best what we picked up with him. 

The draft will tell whether or not our offense can be "nasty."  The FA sure didn't accomplish that on its own. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 31, 2008, 09:23:35 AM

Bryant is a poor man's David Boston. Hope and a lot of prayer is at best what we picked up with him.
Disagree on this. Boston hasn't been productive since 2003 and hindsight says it was only because he was mainlining steroids. Bryant had a pretty good 2006 and a great 2005 and we don't think any of it was due to performance enhancing drugs. It's a lot more likely Bryant will be good compared to Boston.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 31, 2008, 09:29:15 AM

Hope you're right. I'd take a 12th. Some others wouldn't. But given that five of our seven losses were by two TDs or less and that four were by eight points or less, moving up just that much could mean 11 wins and a 3 seed or even 11 wins and (by a tiebreaker) a 2 seed. I'd certainly take that.
4 of the 7 regular season losses the Bucs outgained the opponent. Total offense has not always been the problem under Gruden - it's the interceptions, fumbles, and missed assignments at the worst of times. The team has to learn to play disciplined football.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 31, 2008, 09:41:03 AM

Is Bryant enough to put this offense over the top though?  I have been in Bryant's corner but even I realize that is unreaslitic in expecations.  And no sorry Faine homers this offense doesn't take a quantum leap with him in the lineup.

Disciplined football is a significant problem with a methodical, grind it out, dink and dunk offense.  It increases the chance a mistake occurs which is what the Bucs defense is designed around (letting teams grind out long drives IF they can do it mistake free or else the Bucs D prevails).  Offenses with quick strike capabilities do not have to worry as much about making mistakes.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#37 : March 31, 2008, 10:18:59 AM

I agree Boid... I think Bryant will surprise alot of people. I believe we have a solid team and the draft will just be icing on top

I'm not possitve but didn't Bryant have a 1,000 yard season in Ceveland with Garcia throwing im the Ball?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 31, 2008, 10:39:08 AM

Free agent signings continue to be "feast or famine" acquisitions.  For every Chris Hovan there is a Derrick Deese.

It would appear that the Bucs are indeed being far more selective and that truthfully could pay dividends this summer when quite possibly some attractive players get released because of some teams youth movement.

John Lynch and Warren Sapp were such acquisitions that turned out to be worth a couple of years for the Broncos and Raiders.

Certainly, it is not out of the realm of possibility that players of similar quality will be available for the Buc's fat wallets.

The time to really complain is when the Final roster is in place and shortcomings have not been addressed.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 31, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

He didn't say Tiger woods Type FA's because he wanted to sign a big name great player.  He said it because he wanted to sign a golfer.  This is the exact reason Gruden was Daley's caddy.  They went after Daily to be the backup C.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 31, 2008, 01:36:24 PM

Just who are all the playmakers we sould have added? Be realistic. Who would've fit well into our sytem?
Do you "Hate" think we should have signed Samuel for the contract he signed for? Who else?

I would've like to see us make a play for either Berrian or Stallworth.
I liked Berrian as well but he was never going to come here. Stallworth is just a hamstring injury waiting to happen.

I'd have liked to see us go after CJ85, Moss, Fitz, anyone to take this offense to the next level.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 31, 2008, 02:01:37 PM

In reality I don't think anyone really had a shot at Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, and Larry Fitzgerald (Besides their respective teams)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 31, 2008, 02:15:49 PM

i like boids take on this one.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 31, 2008, 07:14:17 PM

I liked Berrian as well but he was never going to come here.

What?  Did you talk to him or his agent?

Stallworth is just a hamstring injury waiting to happen.

The same could have been said for Joey when we picked him up from Dallas

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 31, 2008, 07:37:25 PM

Am I hallucinating?  But didn't Stallworth play in more games in his career than Faine up to this point? :P
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Being Frugal Pay Off? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools