Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Being Frugal Pay Off? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 01, 2008, 01:02:39 AM

THE PLAYMAKERS WE NEED ARE RIGHT THERE IN THE DRAFT...THROW CAUTION TO THE WIND AND DRAFT WHO YOU WANT REGARDLESS WHERE THEY ARE SLOTTED.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 01, 2008, 01:06:04 AM

The Bucs upgraded the offense by adding Faine, Troupe and an equally enigmatic Bryant.
The Bucs upgraded the offense by adding Faine, Troupe and an equally enigmatic Bryant.

Only this board could this statement ever be made.

Faine is a decent addition and no more han that. Troupe caught 5 passes last year, and Bryant didn't even play.

I can't stand Stevens the man, but it would be a stretch to even pretend that Troupe can match Steven's pass catching production last year. Bryant is a poor man's David Boston. Hope and a lot of prayer is at best what we picked up with him.

The draft will tell whether or not our offense can be "nasty." The FA sure didn't accomplish that on its own.
Only on this board can the word enigmatic be construed to mean, "AHHH KID...DYN-O-MITE!"

Enigmantic means you don't know what these guys have in store for us.  BUt they have flashed good skills before, and considering how bad the Bucs WR lineup is, I think it is a more than fair statement.

You act like I have not rehashed and reviewed these facts beforehand.  Go back and research, and read completely before "butt"uming anything other than what I meant, or implied.

Jesus.  Only on this board do I have to fend off baboo"b"s.

C'mon Curt...you think Troupe will be "hard pressed" to match Steven's numbers from last season?  He did not put up mega-stats bro.  He played nice down the stretch, and I was completely in his corner about bringing him back.  Too many people made a bigger deal out of the "old news" that was brought to light.  Stevens was quiet in Tampa, knew it was his last chance, played well, and for all the "front office knew beforehand" implications, they let a realtively productive TE go anyway.  Despite being a "saint" while in Tampa, and appearing to have made his peace.  I wanted Stevens back, but Troupe is not hard pressed to match JErrramy's numbers. 

Bryant is dirt cheap, and he is not Boston at all.  He is smart (in terms of books), he made more of a recent impact than Boston did, who was a huge question mark (OR ENIGMA) than Bryant will be this season.  Bryant needs to hit the books, and he should be fine.  Unless he completely fell off the map in terms of his body, which I doubt.  MOst guys like that take care of themselves, and I am sure the Bucs ran a full physical on the cat. 

And Faine is a GREAT sign, if not for the mere fact thatr Wade was a dud out there last season, who got beat up like child molester out there.

In the end, ebing Frugal will Pay Off, simply because the Bucs were a good, not great, team last season, and the youth is on the upswing.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Being Frugal Pay Off? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools