Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kickoff Weekend Games Set « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« : March 31, 2008, 04:22:02 PM »

DATE                          DAY                       OPPONENTS                               NETWORK          TIME (ET)
September 4          Thursday        Washington at New York Giants             NBC             7:00 PM
September 7          Sunday             Chicago at Indianapolis                         NBC            8:15 PM
September 8          Monday            Minnesota at Green Bay                       ESPN            7:00 PM
September 8          Monday              Denver at Oakland                             ESPN            10:15 PM

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 31, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

Indy is going to destroy chicago.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 31, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

I'm guessing the opening line on that Bears-Colts game will be at least 15 points. That game will be over by halftime.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 31, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »

wow... that's the worst group of games imaginable

« #4 : March 31, 2008, 07:06:05 PM »

Indy gets to open up the new stadium under the lights. You always schedule a softy for homecoming.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 31, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

Vikings vs. Packers is the only interesting game.

Redskins Giants will just prove if the giants are the real deal.

sealbuc2

Starter

« #6 : March 31, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

DENVER AND OAKLAND WERE TO OF THE WORST TEAMS IN THE NFL LAST YEAR HOW DO THEY GET ON MONDAY  LET ALONE OPENING WEEKEND!!!!!
 [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 31, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

I have to admit that is a lackluster group for kickoff weekend.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 31, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »

y cant we ever get a freakin night game. id like to see us and the saints open up on kickoff weekend

The Bucs arent a high scoring or flashy team right now. The days of St. Louis offense and Tampa Bay's Defense are over. We dont match up against number 1 offenses anymore because teams have figured out the Tampa 2. Until we get some of that "juice" Gruden has been talking about since he came here we are going to have a tough time getting some prime time slots... We still are a good defense obviously because we play disciplined but things arent the same and we need to add some more flash to that side of the ball as well....

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 01, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »

We'll you know where not playing the Raiders, Broncos, Green Bay, Minnesota, or Chicago in Week 1

We also play our 6 division games, Detroit, San Diego, Kansas City, Dallas, and Seattle....

« #10 : April 01, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »

Frankly, that is a horrible opening weekend slot of games. New York and Washington is definitely the best, I always enjoy watching those 2 teams grind it out, it's always unpredictable. Especially because the Skins could be credited with launching the Giants' run last year after they were stuffed at the goal line. Anyway, after that though, the games are terrible. Chicago is going to be steemrolled by Indy, what a terrible matchup. Packers and Vikings is meh, I guess seeing the Pack without Favre will be a draw, but theres nothing that really sparks up that game. And finally, and prime time game with Oakland is destined to suck. It seems like they are on the opening Monday or Sunday night game every year...

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 01, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

Peterson in year 2 alone excites me to watch that game. Rodgers against a pretty good vikings defense is also interesting. These two teams will be fighting for their division this year, whats not to love about that monday night game?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #12 : April 01, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

They are trying to get AP on the tube as quickly as possible. Now that Favre is out of the picture another star needs to be built. Giants/Skins may not be interesting to Bucs fans but to the considerable fanbase of both of those teams it's always a big battle.

The Colts game is a showcase for the new stadium and the 2nd game on the first Monday has been a snoozer the first few years likely because the Monday night gang doesn't want to waste a big matchup on a game in which the entire East Coast is likely to turn off or not tune in at all because of the start time.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

« #13 : April 01, 2008, 08:46:37 PM »

Peterson in year 2 alone excites me to watch that game. Rodgers against a pretty good vikings defense is also interesting. These two teams will be fighting for their division this year, whats not to love about that monday night game?

I agree. And AP is my keeper in my fantasy league. What a freakin stud!!!

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #14 : April 01, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

Any NFL opening week game is a Great game.  Everyone is undefeated, and this could be the year. ;)
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kickoff Weekend Games Set « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools