Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good read on Adalius Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1

: December 07, 2006, 03:02:15 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2688334

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 07, 2006, 03:15:13 PM

Is he a FA?

#2 : December 07, 2006, 03:22:49 PM

Is he a FA?

Yeah...he's one of those guys that I think might be a bit overvalued.  Meaning, he'll get BIG money and won't work as well as he does in Baltimore, where he has, at different times (thought I'd clarify that ;)), played EVERY single position on D.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 07, 2006, 03:32:15 PM

Is he a FA?

Yeah...he's one of those guys that I think might be a bit overvalued. Meaning, he'll get BIG money and won't work as well as he does in Baltimore, where he has, at different times (thought I'd clarify that ;)), played EVERY single position on D.

alah Ed Hartwell.

He's talented though and being able to switch positions is huge. He sounds like a beast.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 07, 2006, 03:39:46 PM

Adalius Thomas is nothing short of the real deal, he is going to be 30 though by the kickoff of next season so that is a little bit of a minus. I would rather have Briggs @ 26 years old.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 07, 2006, 03:45:04 PM

Good read, thanks for the post.

#6 : December 07, 2006, 05:42:37 PM

I saw on NFLN a few nites ago that the Ravens had been trying to extend his contract but that he turn them down for a chance to test free agency. With all the $$ available this offseason, some not so marquee names are gonna be cashing in.

#7 : December 07, 2006, 07:02:57 PM

Thoma sisnt HArtwell IMO. Adalius Thomas could be a stud LB or DE for the BUcs. Some people here are looking at him strictly as a DE, which may be the better fit for this team because of our needs, but he has the speed and athleticism to play OLB. He is like 270 lbs but an amazing athlete

shall555

Starter

#8 : December 07, 2006, 07:17:20 PM

Thoma sisnt HArtwell IMO. Adalius Thomas could be a stud LB or DE for the BUcs. Some people here are looking at him strictly as a DE, which may be the better fit for this team because of our needs, but he has the speed and athleticism to play OLB. He is like 270 lbs but an amazing athlete

Put him @ LDE and mix it up @ SLB, zone blitz every now and then, let him cover Nece's zone. Thomas could really turn Monte into the Mad Scientist with his versatility. I think he'd be worth every penny. He should be the first player they call @ 12:01am.

#9 : December 07, 2006, 07:37:49 PM

He should be the first player they call @ 12:01am.

If not before ;)

#10 : December 07, 2006, 07:31:31 PM

Im with you. Some people seem to think that in the upcoming draft the BUcs need to target this position and that position. BUt I dont get it. In FA you get to choose what position you want to fill. In the draft you're at a disadvantage because you only have certain options depending on who othe rteams pick in front of you. In the draft we need to take the best football player avaialable as long as it's not a RB. If that means drafting a LT like Joe Thomas or WR like Calvin Johnson or QB like JaMarcus Russell first than thats who we should take. Then you sign guys like Adalius Thomas, Gibril Wilson, NIck Harper, etc and draft a couple guys and the defense is taken care of. I dont understand the thought that we need to draft DE, DT and CB with the first 3 picks

shall555

Starter

#11 : December 07, 2006, 09:04:30 PM

Im with you. Some people seem to think that in the upcoming draft the BUcs need to target this position and that position. BUt I dont get it. In FA you get to choose what position you want to fill. In the draft you're at a disadvantage because you only have certain options depending on who othe rteams pick in front of you. In the draft we need to take the best football player avaialable as long as it's not a RB. If that means drafting a LT like Joe Thomas or WR like Calvin Johnson or QB like JaMarcus Russell first than thats who we should take. Then you sign guys like Adalius Thomas, Gibril Wilson, NIck Harper, etc and draft a couple guys and the defense is taken care of. I dont understand the thought that we need to draft DE, DT and CB with the first 3 picks

Exactly! I never understood that logic. Fill your roster with quality players before the draft and let the pieces fall into place. You should always draft the best player available. Drafting for need is the worst way to draft.

Also, everyone is thinking we need to throw our money to 3 or 4 elite players, but I'd rather have 1 elite player, like Adalius Thomas, and 4-5 mid to upper tier players like Nick Harper, who won't cost as much as Clements, already knows our system, and could play right away. You can build a championship team around these kinds of players. Having too many elite players leads to a lockerroom filled with primadonnas and fat heads that can't work together as a team. That's the Redskins way of FA and it's failed miserably.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 07, 2006, 09:43:02 PM

I kinda use a combination approach - on o the bucs need a couple of veteran line men.  On d line two rookies and maybe a vet fa.  Oline needs the experience infusion, on dline they need the energy of a couple of kids. 

As for the draft, I understand both BPA and drafting for need.  Both theories have their strengths and drawbacks.  That is the reason GMs, Scouts and Coaches get paid well.  Hard choices they have to live with. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : December 07, 2006, 10:01:41 PM

Ill be happy with Thomas or Briggs, dont care which one, but we need to get at least one of them

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A good read on Adalius Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools