Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolution Quesiton? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 01, 2008, 09:31:59 PM

I believe some Native Americans do.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 01, 2008, 09:46:55 PM

Do all of them? if your theory is right, should they all have them to some degree?

And what about the IQ differences discussed in that article? The difference cannot
all be explained by environmental factors. There are differences that we never
discuss. It's always swept under the rug or people or too afraid to talk about
them.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 01, 2008, 10:01:37 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthic_folds

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 01, 2008, 10:05:40 PM

Do all of them? if your theory is right, should they all have them to some degree?

Not all of them lived in a desert enviroments.  And locations for desert enviroments have constantly changed through out time.

And what about the IQ differences discussed in that article? The difference cannot
all be explained by environmental factors. There are differences that we never
discuss. It's always swept under the rug or people or too afraid to talk about
them.

Enviroment can influence how you develope your IQ.  Knowledge is learned remember not inherited.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 01, 2008, 10:12:27 PM

Read the article and then tell me there aren't differences unrelated to enviroment.
I already stated that environment cannot explain these differences.

Why is it so hard for people to say that some race (on average) are smarter? I am
fine with other races being smarter than me. I know some people will use that
info. to discriminate. That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it. I assume there
are no racists among us.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 01, 2008, 10:16:02 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthic_folds

I didn't see anywhere in that explanation that explains why they have it.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 01, 2008, 10:29:41 PM

So does that mean one day we might have delinquent apes jacking cars.

Yes. And that day is usually on a Friday.

LOL! 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 01, 2008, 11:00:09 PM

Read the article and then tell me there aren't differences unrelated to enviroment.
I already stated that environment cannot explain these differences.

Why is it so hard for people to say that some race (on average) are smarter? I am
fine with other races being smarter than me. I know some people will use that
info. to discriminate. That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it. I assume there
are no racists among us.

All evolution doesn't need to fulfill a specific purpose or end.  It only means a member of the species developed a mutated trait and then passed it down to its progeny.  If the progeny also reproduce, the trait will continue to survive.

#38 : April 02, 2008, 01:18:21 AM

I was created from a higher power just as the apes were, and that's where the connection ends and the seperation of humans & primates begins.

eyeswideshut

Second String

#39 : April 02, 2008, 01:22:12 AM

I was created from a higher power just as the apes were, and that's where the connection ends and the seperation of humans & primates begins.
Where do you get your opinion or idea?

#40 : April 02, 2008, 01:24:25 AM

a gut feeling you might say.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 02, 2008, 04:48:21 AM

I get mine from the Bible.  God created man and animal apart from one another.
I never stop being amused by the reasoning for man being the only species with true understanding.
I know, I know, Apes,Whales, and Dolphins; but when is the last time you had lunch and tea with one of these fellows?  To say that we were the ONLY ones to EVOLVE beyond all other species borders on being arrogant. 
But I'm the crazy one for believing that God created me.....I'm more likely to believe in bigfoot or aliens before I believe that my distant cousin is Frank the silver back in the Atlanta zoo.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 02, 2008, 09:08:38 AM

To say that we were the ONLY ones to EVOLVE beyond all other species borders on being arrogant.

And to say we were created that way doesn't border on arrogant?  That we were the only ones created "in God's image"?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 02, 2008, 10:16:13 AM

To say that we were the ONLY ones to EVOLVE beyond all other species borders on being arrogant.

And to say we were created that way doesn't border on arrogant? That we were the only ones created "in God's image"?

You can't have the cake and eat it too...
No.  At some point we have to stop trying to please everyone with a politcally correct asnwer.  The bottom line is that God created MAN in HIS image, gave US dominion over the earth and beasts. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 02, 2008, 10:44:38 AM

At some point we have to stop trying to please everyone with a politcally correct asnwer.

I'm really don't see how this has anything to do with being "politically correct" .....

The bottom line is that God created MAN in HIS image,

Then why don't we all look alike?

gave US dominion over the earth and beasts.

Try that "dominion " crap on a 1 ton grizzly bear and see how far it gets you...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evolution Quesiton? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools