Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a take and don't suck. Advice for forum newbies. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 01, 2008, 08:27:13 PM

I see it as pretty simple. We all like a good disagreement to a certain extent because if we didn't we'd never post.

Try to have a sense of humor about yourself. This is for fun after all.

And above all....NEVER become so entrenched in your opinion that it dominates your posts. One trick posters are annoying and add nothing to the conversation.

My two cents for what's it's worth.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 01, 2008, 08:27:36 PM

I find that the people out there who try to tell you the "truth" of a matter in effort to stop discussion are usually revealing more about there ideology than what they actually know....

As a general rule, I typically like my thoughts to be free and open. For anyone reading this post, know that I will engage in any mature discussion that interests me. -No boundaries. Every day is different.

Go Bucs!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 01, 2008, 08:32:13 PM

I think it is important to keep a level head. A lot of people find themselves getting mad at a poster just because they have a different opinion. Sometimes you have to suck it up and agree to disagree.

Sometimes it is hard to keep your fingers away from typing a response, just make sure that you think every post out as Yucc said before you post. It will save people who read these boards for content and news updates from sifting through meaningless arguments just to get to the good stuff.

bodybag

Starter

#18 : April 01, 2008, 08:37:40 PM

I don't think anyone but the PR people should be giving advice as to when, what and where anyone else should post.

well then i guess the question i have then is yuccaneers one of the moderators here or speaking on behalf of PR or any of the mods and if so i was just curious to know when you are not considered a "newbie" anymore. i think here that if the PR admins were writing this they would just be calling out the ones who come on the forum and be disrespectful and talk trash after a bucs loss or are rival fans who like to cause commotion.

i personally enjoy this site because it gives me info on my favorite sports team, the tampa bay buccaneers,and a chance to at least connect with people who are bucs fans as well. its very difficult though because im not on here often and its hard to connect with people when they are criticizing your threads or posts that was just an opinion you wanted to get across on the forum.

but most people on here are very helpful in giving info about the team and willing to chat about various bucs subjects. i have no disregard for any one member in this community and hope that my experiences with this forum continue to be insightful and entertaining. thank you- bodybag-

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 01, 2008, 08:40:23 PM

I don't know personally but I think Yucc provides his services for free...

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 01, 2008, 08:46:45 PM

when are you not considered a forum newbie anymore? just wondering, because im a huge bucs fan i love the team and nfl altogether but i would say im a "occasional poster" only because i work alot and i am not able to be on the forum very often. but i would say i have never done any of these things because i respect eveyone's opinion even if i dont agree with it. but i dont want to be known as one of these "trolls" just because im a occasional poster.

In my book you can post whatever you want, whenever you want and in whichever forum you wish as long as you are within the guidelines. There are no "rules" for newbies.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 01, 2008, 08:52:49 PM

I am in no way speaking for Pewter Report or a mod or admin here, In general I am sure there are some that would prefer to discuss football, the Buccaneers and other topics without all the junk that is in between to get to a good discussion.

With they amount of fairly new members just throwing junk out with no thinking behind it.

#22 : April 01, 2008, 09:26:31 PM

I'm a newbie (self proclaimed)...

People are going to post whatever they feel, they have that freedom.  Many can remember when this board first started up, things were a lot different with the posting then.  The biggest thing was that people actually showed some respect for all members of this board.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 01, 2008, 09:26:50 PM

No offense to anyone who posts on the TBBB, but the last thing I want to see is this place turn into a mini TBBB... I came here for a reason lol... I will echo Pewter Warship and just say that everyone just needs to respect one another.

Plank

Starter

#24 : April 01, 2008, 11:45:26 PM

Well, I am most certainly a newbie when it comes to posting but I have been reading on this board over a year. ( and I agree that crazyworld is Karen) As far as street cred I still have the Bucs jacket that I got made fun of for wearing in middleschool. I decided to join because I love open discussion and lots of diifferent opinions- even if I disagree with them. I always appreciate constructive criticism and heads up posts like this.

#25 : April 02, 2008, 12:24:04 AM

In short, don't be a dweeb.

#26 : April 02, 2008, 01:37:00 AM

I catch Romey everyday for the past 10 years, waaaay better than any sports shows we have here locally for sure.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 02, 2008, 10:56:20 AM

I am in no way speaking for Pewter Report or a mod or admin here, In general I am sure there are some that would prefer to discuss football, the Buccaneers and other topics without all the junk that is in between to get to a good discussion.

With they amount of fairly new members just throwing junk out with no thinking behind it.

Yucc is the man, dude upgrades the forum on a consistent level with quality stuff.

bodybag

Starter

#28 : April 02, 2008, 11:18:07 AM

thanks for the insight yucc. GO BUCS!!! i hope now we can move on and discuss bucs stuff like they will be the first team to play superbowl at home! lol that would be sweet

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#29 : April 02, 2008, 12:28:44 PM

RUN!!! ITS THE GRAMMAR POLICE!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a take and don't suck. Advice for forum newbies. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools