Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a take and don't suck. Advice for forum newbies. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 02, 2008, 12:51:28 PM

The biggest thing was that people actually showed some respect for all members of this board.

that is severely lacking here, and has been for a couple of years now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 02, 2008, 12:57:14 PM

I think that ^^^^^^^^ was accurate - but is rebounding.  The flood of new members who were learning the expectations of folks who have been here (forever ... yea I am one ) has begun to swing back toward a strong conversational base in my very humble opinion Turbo.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : April 02, 2008, 01:21:05 PM

I'm new here.

#33 : April 02, 2008, 01:22:02 PM

I think that ^^^^^^^^ was accurate - but is rebounding.  The flood of new members who were learning the expectations of folks who have been here (forever ... yea I am one ) has begun to swing back toward a strong conversational base in my very humble opinion Turbo.

The boards kind of have their own phases (flood of newcomers then nothing for a while, people getting into stupid pissing matches then some just having all out good discussions).  What has been funny to me is that while things change some still have stayed the same.  Granted I've taken my hiatus from here and don't post nearly as much as I used to, but a lot of the same arguments here today are what was there when this board first started up.  It is more of the approach that folks have taken that change it here.

It wasn't like people weren't called to the floor if something was genuinely wrong, but they weren't just outright called stupid for it either. Duly noted however is that the PR staff has done well let people hash it out for themselves as long as it isn't too over the top. 

Honestly, while some are concerned about overall content (which is important) found on this site, there are some posters, (myself included) that have life that happens, which keeps me from being as close to a keyboard anymore. with my work and family.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 02, 2008, 01:35:23 PM

Can I be new too? LOL.  Love number three.  I rarely post after a loss as I'm just as pissed off as the next guy.  But I do read the flames being thrown around on the board.  Actually it serves as comic relief after I've been up all freaking night rewatching the game... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 02, 2008, 01:42:46 PM

chev - you need to step up your mojo with newberry.  get that guy to sign!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

weinberger83

Starter
#36 : April 02, 2008, 01:41:31 PM

newbie in the house. with no life.

I'm two for two

;D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 02, 2008, 01:48:13 PM

People who voice strong opinions are generally dispised

it has nothing to do with his opinions and everything to do with the fact that he's a clown. He's by far the worst person to conduct an interview and the "takes" always suck, the guy is a blowhard.
I think his interviews are usually good because he leaves his personality out of it. It's his "takes" and softball guy-esque bits that really suck.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 02, 2008, 01:56:28 PM

I'm new here.

Well read Yucc's message, digest it, and make sure you don't suck in future.   ;)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 02, 2008, 01:59:16 PM

Rome gets good interviews from all sports and that's when he's at his best, when somebody like Eric Byrnes or Roy Williams is on. But when he goes on some litte tirade about nothing, leaves 5 seconds of dead air, then repeats everything he just said, he's terrible. I've actually went to use the restroom during one of his rants, come back 5 minutes later and it's like he was waiting for me to get back. He's saying the exact same things about nothing..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 02, 2008, 02:11:35 PM

Rome gets good interviews from all sports and that's when he's at his best, when somebody like Eric Byrnes or Roy Williams is on. But when he goes on some litte tirade about nothing, leaves 5 seconds of dead air, then repeats everything he just said, he's terrible. I've actually went to use the restroom during one of his rants, come back 5 minutes later and it's like he was waiting for me to get back. He's saying the exact same things about nothing..
LOL can't sum it up any better than that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

LtFox

Starter

#41 : April 02, 2008, 04:04:56 PM

Although the post was meant to be helpful, it came across as arrogant to me. Do you know how many posts from "seasoned vets" I thought "sucked"? Maybe the rules should be read (and followed) by everyone...including those with post counts in the thousands.

#42 : April 02, 2008, 05:40:50 PM

lol, although I love listening to Rome you are right Red Alert, sometimes his loooooooong rants drive me crazy!

Watchman

Starter

#43 : April 02, 2008, 06:45:45 PM

I'm not reading all of that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 02, 2008, 06:48:48 PM

I think his interviews are usually good because he leaves his personality out of it.  

For me it's not his horrid on air act, it's the quesitons themself that drive me up the wall. He'll answer the question for the person while asking the question instaed of asking an open ended questions that makes the person actually think. His questions are stock bull-s yet he still gives the person an answer. Here's an example of the worst sports radio host ever:

"So Ronde, coming off a 4-12 season did you work hard during the off-season or was it more "I'm a vet and there's no reason to push myself"

awful, simply awful.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Have a take and don't suck. Advice for forum newbies. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools