Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note about Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2

3paths

Starter

: December 07, 2006, 10:51:23 PM

A friend of mine owns an establishment that is frequented by several of the Bucs. A verteran player was recently in there talking to him, and basically said that things won't change until Gruden is gone. My friend asked him why, and his answer was plain and simple, the players don't trust him. He said how do you play for someone you can't trust. This player also figures he won't be kept around next year. Don't know what the validity is coming from this player, but I would say it's at least note worthy. This is apparently not a personal problem either as he says most guys in the lockeroom feel this way.

I know where he is coming from as I just left a company because I constantly was catching my boss in lies and I didn't want to put up with it anymore. You can't work under someone you don't trust.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 07, 2006, 10:53:03 PM

Who was the veteran?

Earnest Graham?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 07, 2006, 11:02:40 PM

So in a bar a player told a friend who told you a lot of the players whose names we don't know don't trust Gruden.

Okay, assuming that is true for a second, do your really think trust is a major element in the NFL between the HC and the players?  Every year the HC brings in someone to beat that player out - where is the trust coming from?   Every year the coaches pick the best for the job and cut the rest regardless of name, tenure or personal liking and trust is from what??? Or are many of the players that naive or dumb?

Trust in the NFL - If you don't do what the coach says your won't be there next year. 

More NFL trust - Even if you do what coach says if someone else does it better your butt is gone.

Just a couple of thoughts - you could be right.  But this wasn't note worthy to me, in spite of my responding with a note LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : December 07, 2006, 11:11:33 PM

My friend's sister's cousin told me that a friend of a player's father's illegitiment son said that Gruden sucks

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 07, 2006, 11:13:15 PM

My friend's sister's cousin told me that a friend of a player's father's illegitiment son said that Gruden sucks

same here, so it must be true.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 07, 2006, 11:18:08 PM

same here, so it must be true.

I think I heard it was your friends cousins brother, so we might be off a little here...

#6 : December 07, 2006, 11:45:27 PM

Okay, assuming that is true for a second, do your really think trust is a major element in the NFL between the HC and the players?

Absolutely it is!!!

3paths

Starter

#7 : December 08, 2006, 05:03:08 AM

So in a bar a player told a friend who told you a lot of the players whose names we don't know don't trust Gruden.

Okay, assuming that is true for a second, do your really think trust is a major element in the NFL between the HC and the players? Every year the HC brings in someone to beat that player out - where is the trust coming from? Every year the coaches pick the best for the job and cut the rest regardless of name, tenure or personal liking and trust is from what??? Or are many of the players that naive or dumb?

Trust in the NFL - If you don't do what the coach says your won't be there next year.

More NFL trust - Even if you do what coach says if someone else does it better your butt is gone.

Just a couple of thoughts - you could be right. But this wasn't note worthy to me, in spite of my responding with a note LOL

Isn't a bar, it's a retail establishment. To answer your question about trust, it's important in any relationship period. And no the vet isn't Earnest.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 08, 2006, 05:23:49 AM

If you can't trust each other, the relationship is doomed to failure.   TINA TURNER ca1975

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 08, 2006, 05:58:07 AM

What player plays or doesn't play a sport because he trusts his coach? Come on, give me a break. When the light go on, those guys want to kill each other, period. trust doesn't enter their minds, taking someones head off does.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 08, 2006, 06:27:07 AM

Actually, there does need to be trust between a play and coach. But, like some have said, that trust is not all encompassing. A player needs to trust that the coach is not trying to screw him over or trying to get him hurt. He also needs to trust that the coach will make the right calls even if they are the hard ones. But, this same player has to know that this trust applies to all the players on the team. Thus, the coach may sit you for someone else who is playing better, thus breaking your trust in him, but the other players on the team know it was the right move and gaining trust with them.

The only real trust a player should expect from any coach is honesty and fairness.  Even if that means that although you were signed to come in and start at FB and help Caddy gain 1000 yards, instead you sit the bench because you realy aint all that.

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 08, 2006, 08:16:26 AM

Was it Duemig dressed up like Anthony Davis?

#12 : December 08, 2006, 08:54:15 AM

So...three football players walk into a bar...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 08, 2006, 09:07:07 AM

I don't know anything about the validity of this alleged discussion, I can only offer my own personal experiences. I've been around this game for a long time, and been around this league and players and coaches and FO staff for a long, long time--maybe a lot longer than some of you have even been following this team. It is pretty rare for a player to discuss internal team matters like that with a relative stranger. In fact, it can be rare for a player, other than those we've come to know as very vocal, to talk about interpersonal relationships between players and players or players and coaches, even with people they've come to know and trust.

I have no doubt there is a certain level of distrust in the lockerroom, it comes with losing. However, one guy saying that "most" guys feel a certain way just doesn't really wash. Most people who haven't experienced the lockerroom dynamic really may not understand that, but that's the way it is.

Dissention in the lockerroom is not uncommon. In fact I'll say something I've said here before: even Tony Dungy, as far as I can tell the most liked head coach this team has ever employed, had his detractors among the players.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 08, 2006, 09:09:21 AM

My brothers, cousin's uncle's sisters college roommate

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note about Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools