Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note about Gruden « previous next »
Page: 1 2

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 08, 2006, 10:11:16 AM

Until I see names of the individuals making these statements I don't put much credence in them.  And the statement that this player probably won't be here next year tells me alot.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 08, 2006, 12:45:10 PM

Who knows how true the story is, tales grow exponentially with every passing, but generally where there's smoke, there's fire...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 08, 2006, 01:22:37 PM

But the main part I read was the player didn't expect to be back next year. So, maybe some sour grapes there. Most people generally burn a few bridges on their way out the door.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 08, 2006, 01:25:40 PM

Who knows how true the story is, tales grow exponentially with every passing, but generally where there's smoke, there's fire...

That depends on who's behind the smoke and what their intention is in sending up the smoke (ala "the Glazers will be selling the team").

#19 : December 08, 2006, 01:28:21 PM

A friend of mine owns an establishment that is frequented by several of the Bucs. A verteran player was recently in there talking to him, and basically said that things won't change until Gruden is gone. My friend asked him why, and his answer was plain and simple, the players don't trust him. He said how do you play for someone you can't trust. This player also figures he won't be kept around next year. Don't know what the validity is coming from this player, but I would say it's at least note worthy. This is apparently not a personal problem either as he says most guys in the lockeroom feel this way.

I know where he is coming from as I just left a company because I constantly was catching my boss in lies and I didn't want to put up with it anymore. You can't work under someone you don't trust.

When did Keyshawn get back to Tampa?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 08, 2006, 04:28:39 PM

My brothers, cousin's uncle's sisters college roommate

Yea, and don't forget so many great coaches and gms are amoral bastards, like you sorta said to someone once.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 08, 2006, 04:30:09 PM

A friend of mine owns an establishment that is frequented by several of the Bucs. A verteran player was recently in there talking to him, and basically said that things won't change until Gruden is gone. My friend asked him why, and his answer was plain and simple, the players don't trust him. He said how do you play for someone you can't trust. This player also figures he won't be kept around next year. Don't know what the validity is coming from this player, but I would say it's at least note worthy. This is apparently not a personal problem either as he says most guys in the lockeroom feel this way.

I know where he is coming from as I just left a company because I constantly was catching my boss in lies and I didn't want to put up with it anymore. You can't work under someone you don't trust.

When did Keyshawn get back to Tampa?

I really do love this board, rotflmao

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#22 : December 08, 2006, 04:30:50 PM

Who was the veteran?

Earnest Graham?

Edell Sheppard?...this guys pulling this out of his crusty sphincter.

"If you're full of bull crap then keep your mouth shut"

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 08, 2006, 04:35:08 PM

I am still laughing out loud, thanks guys.  I needed it today.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 08, 2006, 04:37:48 PM

Maybe we can get the Tampa Tribune to confirm this. What a joke.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 08, 2006, 04:43:48 PM

I am sure confirmation is available via the normal sources used by the Trib, they are gonna miss the anon. speaker as well.  LLLLLmaooooo

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 08, 2006, 04:47:26 PM

guys it really is true this is not the first time this has been said about gru.

watson

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 08, 2006, 04:50:29 PM

I didn't know Ira Kaufman had a retail establishment.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 08, 2006, 05:22:42 PM

Who was the veteran?

Earnest Graham?

sounds more like Yatta

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 08, 2006, 05:25:48 PM

Or where there is smoke, there is a crack pipe burning...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A note about Gruden « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools