Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WORST BUC'S COACH EVER « previous next »
Page: 1 2

king_frog

Hall of Famer
: April 02, 2008, 09:18:16 PM

Who do you think is the worst buc coach ever ??
A great case can be made for Leeman Bennet !! A falcon reject that was completely clueless when he arrived on the scene. Had no respect of players, his peers or the fans. Luckily he was not around too long.

Or Richard Williamson who was thrust into the job without ever being thought of as a head coach ?? He was not around long either. Thank God..

But I say no to the above !! In my humble opinion the all time worst has got to be none other than Mr. Dictator, control freak himself ( ray ray perkins )and he stayed much too long..
He single handily almost ruined the career of Vinnie, who I believe was so miss handled early in his career, that it cost him from being one of the great ones.
Then he tried to destroy Steve Young in his time as a buc. Steve probably kneels down and thanks God every night that he was able to escape perkins clutches.
This clown duked it out with players in the locker room and threatened many others. Its too bad that Sapp was'nt around in those day's..
Yep he is the all time worst...

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#1 : April 02, 2008, 09:19:46 PM

When I read the thread title Williamson was the first to come to mind but you make a great case for Perkins IMHO.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 02, 2008, 09:23:35 PM

Push - Bennett, Williamson and Perkins.  The first two have a bit of a defense - they truly were not candidates for an NFL head coach job.  Perkins had a defense - he was nuts. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#3 : April 02, 2008, 09:28:24 PM

Push - Bennett, Williamson and Perkins. The first two have a bit of a defense - they truly were not candidates for an NFL head coach job. Perkins had a defense - he was nuts.

He still gets my vote.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 02, 2008, 09:36:03 PM

Unfortunately I don't think one could be wrong with any of them OBB - damn shame to have had all three in the relatively short history of the buccaneer franchise.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 02, 2008, 09:56:14 PM

dbuc, thats a great point.. all 3 belonged in the poop shoot...

#6 : April 02, 2008, 09:59:58 PM

Ray Perkins gets my vote because he was never a winning coach and was a complete a-hole to boot.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#7 : April 02, 2008, 10:05:45 PM

You know, it's unfair to pick on Culverhouse's Vince Lombardi guys. :D

Ok, for that alone, Ray wins hands down.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 02, 2008, 10:50:54 PM

When I saw the thread title I reached for my coin to decide between Bennett and Williamson. Wow what an embarrassment they both were. Truly the dark days of the Yucs.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#9 : April 02, 2008, 10:54:39 PM

All 3 were awful. Good lord.. those 3 names make me cringe.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 03, 2008, 12:57:49 AM

surprise no haters mentioned Gruden...

haha

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 03, 2008, 01:03:16 AM

Yeah but you did!

In Verner We Trust

LA BUC

Starter

#12 : April 03, 2008, 01:07:17 AM

Did Perkins ever smile?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 03, 2008, 06:30:36 AM

Did Perkins ever smile?

Yes. Usually during his yearly prostate exam.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 03, 2008, 06:33:50 AM

If you listen to all the haters on this board, it can only be Jon Gruden!

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WORST BUC'S COACH EVER « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools