Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you want Mike Vick in pewter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 08, 2006, 08:18:50 AM

Gruden and Hackett are wonderful QB gurus regardless of what anyone wants to say

I'd like to know what you are basing that on.

And as for Vick here, I'll pass on that one.

Huey Freeman

Starter
#16 : December 08, 2006, 08:37:43 AM

In his defense, he wins games.  I mean, who does he have who would constitute as a legit offensive threat other than Crumpler and sometimes Dunn?  I think he would be an awful fit for the system that we have been running, but I think could win some games.  Having said that, it won't happen. 

#17 : December 08, 2006, 08:46:39 AM

No.  I would prefer Gino Torretta.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 08, 2006, 08:48:13 AM

In his defense, he wins games.  I mean, who does he have who would constitute as a legit offensive threat other than Crumpler and sometimes Dunn?  I think he would be an awful fit for the system that we have been running, but I think could win some games.  Having said that, it won't happen. 

he wins games? What about the 53 players? I hate that shlt. Oh and he's 8-12 over the past 20 games so he doesn't really win games does he?

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#19 : December 08, 2006, 09:33:59 AM

In a heart beat. He gives you the downfield strikes of Simms combined with the mobility of Grads and he's a playmaker on top of it all. Is he the greatest QB, no...is he the worst no. Overhyped? Yes, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. He didn't create the hype, the media did.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 08, 2006, 09:40:56 AM

He gives you bad passing, a bloated contract, poor discipline and oh yeah, he doesn't just "win games" anymore. Hey, Kyle Orton just "won games" as well last year how's he doing? Plus, he's proven he can't handle the WCO because he's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

I'm glad ATL is hitched to that boat anchor and I'd bet if you polled that staff about Vick they'd all want him gone.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 08, 2006, 09:53:40 AM

NO.....

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#22 : December 08, 2006, 11:20:30 AM

WTF? hell no

#23 : December 08, 2006, 12:21:42 PM

It would be a disaster, hell no. He's one of the most overrated, overpaid players in the history of the NFL.
My thoughts exactly.

fofstray

Second String

#24 : December 08, 2006, 12:23:28 PM

Mike Vick is a glorified running back attempting to play QB. It works in the college ranks, not so good in the pros. Atlanta will never win anything with Vick at QB. Schaub is 10 times the QB Vick is. Would I want Vick in Tampa? No way, he would run up the cap, and we need other pieces - we already have a running back.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 08, 2006, 12:26:37 PM

Would I want Vick as the QB?  Depends on how you use him.  If used properly he can help a team win.  As far as his intelligence is concerened it is a lot higher than people give credit for.  I doubt we are talking Daunte Culpepper level.  As far as character off the field is concerned he does a good job of keeping his wife and kids out of the spotlight and the media as they are all over him.  He also does many good things off the field.   Simms and Gradkowski did not exactly blow people away with their wonderlics.  And the only QB with a fantastic wonderlic that has played in the Gulf Coast offense is Griese (enough said) but I am not sure of Brad's.

My hesistation with Vick is his leadership abilities and when a team hits rocky waters how he responds.  So far he has not responded all to well to adversitiy.  Then again it the last two years is the first time he probably has experienced adversity and difficulty.  A lot of times people that experience early success have a hard time adjusting later to what many experience before reaching the summit (struggles).  In a lot of ways Vick is struggling just like Gruden do to early success and does not know how to adjust.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 08, 2006, 12:29:03 PM

I would love Vick on the team if he was cheap, as I think he could break the KR curse and run back touchdowns all day.  No way would I take him at QB, and no way I go anywhere near his current salary.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2006, 12:38:26 PM

He's got all the physical tools you can ask for, but he's never struck me as the sharpest tool in the shed.

So no, not with Grudens' complicated playbook..

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 08, 2006, 12:51:50 PM

In an offense that predicates itself on short timing passes and having a QB that can read defenses, no I do not want Vick in Pewter. Remember, this is the guy they won't let call audibles against defenses.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 08, 2006, 12:52:57 PM

pass

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you want Mike Vick in pewter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools