Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reason the bucs have lost this year.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

4bucs

Hall of Famer

: December 08, 2006, 12:55:27 AM

is all the dropped passes by Galloway ,Clayton and Cadillac for the most part although the rest of the team has been guilty too these 3 stand out.Galloway the star to look up to has dropped many right in his hands losing us at least 3 games all by himself an d not giving 100 per cent and chickening out 3 or 4 times also so the team saw this and followed in his footsteps,Clayton looks pathetic trying to catch the ball with his arms and body dropping at least 2 tds and numerous 1st down throws has lost all his confidence and is better off on IR,Cadillac should in this off season catch balls till his fingers bleed so its almost second nature ....all 3 really look as if their scared of being hit and take their eyes off the ball.Galloway should have been admonished for his lack of effort many times this year by not addressing him others thought it was ok to not give it your all and look what happened...the whole team is dropping easy catches.There is many other things gone wrong this year but if these easy catches were made we could actually have a winning record......and the coaches know it too...thats what really hurts,those catches turn punts into 1st downs and touchdowns,poor Gradowski when he does do ok Stovall mis times his jump and makes it look like the qb over threw him  all he had to do was fade back and then jump...thats why they call it a fade.Poor Gruden didn't have a great year but knows in his heart that if they caught the ball this year....they have a winning record and thats the truth.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : December 08, 2006, 01:09:45 AM

All the passes thrown at people's feet or intercepted have nothing to do with this?

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 08, 2006, 02:39:58 AM

Id have to say the lack of any pass rush whatsoever has had a hand in it also

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 08, 2006, 05:59:32 AM

Lynch47, that sir, IS the #1 problem. Thank you Mr. Rice, Mcfarland, Spires & Hovan.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 08, 2006, 08:26:24 AM

I can't say that's the only reason. Dropped passes happen, this team has many more issues than that.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 08, 2006, 09:13:04 AM

As a percentgae of his throws Grads dropped rate isn't a ton higher than most other QB's. Dropped passes are bad, but every QB gets passes dropped and mostly in the same range of between5-7% of all their passes. If you toss 300 passes a year or so about a difference of one more pass every two games between the worst droppers and the best

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

TDTB

Second String

#6 : December 08, 2006, 12:46:20 PM

I think its because we're a bad team. Can anyone really say we  are doing anything right?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 08, 2006, 12:47:35 PM

Id have to say the lack of any pass rush whatsoever has had a hand in it also

Amen

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 08, 2006, 12:58:20 PM

Also because Gruden's ego is too big and he won with Dungy's team.........and he's tearing down the franchise, and the players don't trust him.

Lloyd Grant

Rookie

#9 : December 08, 2006, 01:24:43 PM

I thought it was because 620 was constantly bashing coach Gruden...

Proud 300 Level Season Ticket Holder since 1997

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 08, 2006, 01:34:41 PM

Dropped balls are not the only problem preventing this team from winning games. However, if we ARE talking about dropped passes, the biggest problem with them this season is not so much the quantity, but rather the situations in which they're being dropped. I can recall offhand, without going back over anything in my archive, at least 4 dropped TD passes. Flat out, plain and simple, dropped--the most egregious of which may have been Clayton's last one vs the Steelers.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 08, 2006, 01:49:13 PM

Not only the situations but it depends on what offense each team employs.  With a methodical, ball control offense like the Bucs, dropped balls hurt the most.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 08, 2006, 01:56:00 PM

Not only the situations but it depends on what offense each team employs.  With a methodical, ball control offense like the Bucs, dropped balls hurt the most.

Dropped balls are dropped balls. Why is a ball control worse than a vertical system. If you drop a  ball in DET you are likely missing out on a 15 yard gain. We're missing out on an 8 yard gain. The real reason our drops seem like killers is that when NE or IND has someone drop a ball they just complete the next pass.  We can't "get it back" on this offense because the whole thing is lousy.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 08, 2006, 02:14:40 PM

Dropped balls are dropped balls. Why is a ball control worse than a vertical system. If you drop a  ball in DET you are likely missing out on a 15 yard gain. We're missing out on an 8 yard gain. The real reason our drops seem like killers is that when NE or IND has someone drop a ball they just complete the next pass.  We can't "get it back" on this offense because the whole thing is lousy.

If the Bucs offense drops two consecutive passes that are for 8 yards but catch the third consecutive pass that is for 8 that will still result in a fourth down and a punt.    If in Detroit's offense two consecutive passes for 15 yards are dropped but the third consecutive pass is caught for 15 yards that results is a first down and keeps the chains moving.   Granted shorter passes should be higher percentage than intermediate passes but watching Alstott and Becht drop three yard passes has me doubting.  [banghead]

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 08, 2006, 02:31:09 PM

I don't think we can blame a lost season on dropped passes guys, come on...

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reason the bucs have lost this year.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools