Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reason the bucs have lost this year.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 08, 2006, 02:31:47 PM

I can't say that's the only reason. Dropped passes happen, this team has many more issues than that.

Thats the scary part.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 08, 2006, 03:02:00 PM

It all starts in the trenches, my friends...

The OL was an obvious weakness going into the season, but I never suspected the DL would deteriorate as fast as it did this year.

If we continue to address the OL and seriously concentrate on the DL this offseason, we'll take a GIANT step in the right direction, in spite of any other weaknesses..

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 08, 2006, 03:23:10 PM

Agreed Red Alert. Funny that we finally stop the run well, but have lost all pass rush now.

Something overlooked* is that our Defense has to take a lot of snaps, compared to last year. That is why the defensive numbers are so evaggerated this year. Our fall from 1 - ? has a lot to do with the lack of offensive production. Not everything, but a lot.

I gotta say that this team loses everyweek for several reasons. Whether you guys like it or not, the bottom line is that Gruden needs to get his team to perform, period. Without that production, it is just very ugly situation overall.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

#18 : December 08, 2006, 03:25:33 PM

We lost because Alstott didn't get enough carries. We can thank the egotistical arsehole known as Gruden for that!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 08, 2006, 03:54:12 PM

We lost because Alstott didn't get enough carries. We can thank the egotistical arsehole known as Gruden for that!

Now that is about the silliest post this side of Chronic's offerings a couple of days ago. 

Did Gruden trade six top draft choices away?
Did Gruden get the salary cap mess to where Parcells and Tannenbaum quit before starting?
Did Gruden take the life out of Brad Johnson's arm?
Did Gruden injure Buenning, Joseph, Simms, Rice, Quarles, Walker, Brian Kelly - that's what I can recall at the moment?
Did Gruden ask for the schedule from hell?  No, just got lucky I suppose, so that's his fault as well?

I am disappointed in this year's results as well.  But trying to hang the coach for things that he wasn't or isn't in control of is simply short sighted.  Want to be .500 this year, trade schedules with 1/2 the teams in the league.  Hell, even if there were no injuries .500 was gonna be tough.  Losing the starting qb 60% of the oline as they openned the season made that impossible.  Thoses losses created stress for performance the rest of the team could not absorb, so the bucs look worse than they are.  Just the oppositite when the bucs looked better than they were.  JMHO

I have reservations about some of the personnel moves made, but all in all this season was beyond the abilities of this team right now, the injuries pushing them over the edge. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 08, 2006, 03:56:57 PM

I think MBF was joking.   ;D

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 08, 2006, 04:11:05 PM

Now that is about the silliest post this side of Chronic's offerings a couple of days ago.

Did Gruden trade six top draft choices away?
Did Gruden get the salary cap mess to where Parcells and Tannenbaum quit before starting?
Did Gruden take the life out of Brad Johnson's arm?
Did Gruden injure Buenning, Joseph, Simms, Rice, Quarles, Walker, Brian Kelly - that's what I can recall at the moment?
Did Gruden ask for the schedule from hell? No, just got lucky I suppose, so that's his fault as well?

I am disappointed in this year's results as well. But trying to hang the coach for things that he wasn't or isn't in control of is simply short sighted. Want to be .500 this year, trade schedules with 1/2 the teams in the league. Hell, even if there were no injuries .500 was gonna be tough. Losing the starting qb 60% of the oline as they openned the season made that impossible. Thoses losses created stress for performance the rest of the team could not absorb, so the bucs look worse than they are. Just the oppositite when the bucs looked better than they were. JMHO

I have reservations about some of the personnel moves made, but all in all this season was beyond the abilities of this team right now, the injuries pushing them over the edge.

Did Gruden call 53 passes with a struggling QB against a Falcons D that was suspect against the run?
Did Gruden fail to hold players accountable by not benching players that weren't performing to acceptable standards?
Did GruAllen fail to address the 2 biggest needs (LOT, DT) and secondary needs (S, QB) in the offseason?

Please don't take this as Gruden-bashing.  I'm just pointing out that even though you are correct that all the losing isn't Gruden's fault, I think it is just as erroneous to ignore the fact that the FO had a part in the poor results this season.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 08, 2006, 04:26:12 PM

Missed the joke, among all the bashing it is hard to keep track. 

And bradentonian, I agree completely, there has been stuff that just doesn't add up with the play calling.  The other two I am not close enough to respond to. 

Just tired of the crap so many are passing out on Gruden.  It simply is not all his fault.  No more than last year's success was due to him alone, nor the SB.  I know you get it.  Do I have questions about stuff - yea the personnel move left me hanging as I said before. 

And for the record, I don't think this team is as bad as it looks, playing this year's schedule is just hell.  But, get a FA Center and DT, draft a LOT and a DE, have all 4 perform well and next year against a normal schedule the team is .500 or better.  Alot of progress is visible, but hard to see bc neither line is performing well.  It will come out with just a few good moves.  And finally, the cash is there for FAs with some quality and perhaps the bucs can make a draft fit their needs.  We will see.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

TDTB

Second String

#23 : December 08, 2006, 04:27:49 PM

How about its everyone's fault. The players who are suppossed to execute on teh field, the coaches who are suppossed to put the players in the best posistion to win, and the GM who brings the players in.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 08, 2006, 04:45:20 PM

And how about a series of unrelated circumstances came together at an inopportune time to create the bucs own little mini disaster?  I agree with all of that TDTB.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 08, 2006, 04:46:05 PM

I disagree. I think there is a lot of other things that are worse.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : December 08, 2006, 06:29:51 PM

This season is on everyone. Some of the players have to go, the coach has to go, the GM has to go. Like I said the players are only getting worse each week. I am not buying the pressing excuse, it is just as simple as them not being very good, and Gruden not being a good coach at this point.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 08, 2006, 07:31:54 PM

Some of the players have to go, the coach has to go, the GM has to go.

So when will you be closing the sale on the team? Because otherwise, Gruden is the coach and Allen is the GM in 2007.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 08, 2006, 07:36:41 PM

Some of the players have to go, the coach has to go, the GM has to go.

So when will you be closing the sale on the team? Because otherwise, Gruden is the coach and Allen is the GM in 2007.

That's is my feeling as well DTG.   

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#29 : December 08, 2006, 07:57:22 PM

Well if they are expect another 4-12 season.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: the main reason the bucs have lost this year.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools