Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Fabulous Sports Babe, has finally come back to the Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : April 07, 2008, 11:51:53 PM

anyone notice that the Ron and Ian show has become almost completely gossiping about people like Britney Spears & other hollywood types, favorite foods, and about their "man crushes"; and has little or no sports talk going on anymore?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 08, 2008, 10:26:37 AM

anyone notice that the Ron and Ian show has become almost completely gossiping about people like Britney Spears & other hollywood types, favorite foods, and about their "man crushes"; and has little or no sports talk going on anymore?

No because I don't listen to that crap.  That said going more social then sports is a good thing as Ron * social  >>> ian * football

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 08, 2008, 10:35:36 AM

Looking forward to this change of pace.

I'm glad most of you could care less what she looks like or how much she weighs. Or, what she
eats on an plane.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 08, 2008, 10:36:55 AM

Looking forward to this change of pace.

I'm glad most of you could care less what she looks like or how much she weighs. Or, what she
eats on an plane.

It's radio.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

gump

Starter

#64 : April 08, 2008, 01:07:02 PM

if you have truly listened to brantley i dont see how you could call him arrogant. maybe brantley wants a wide range of knowledge as opposed to more info on a smaller scale. beckles on the other hand...

I was talking about Beckles really when I said "arrogant".  I think Scott just doesn't see it as being an important part of his job...relying more on his personality, NFL and NCAA experience, and contacts.

Personally though...I listen to Sports Radio for information mostly, some entertainment.  Which is why I would rather listen to a national show over Scott's.  But I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who feel the opposite. 

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 08, 2008, 04:58:13 PM

Do you know whats great ...they are in the process of getting a strong radio signal that will go from port Charlotte to well past Orlando and it may be working as early as next week...when you call make sure to ask...813 849 1470  and in the meantime you can get them on the innernet  at    sportsradio 1470 .com

DOWN WITH DUMIG

#66 : April 08, 2008, 06:16:32 PM

maaaan if they get that signal fixed I will be locked in for sure M-F!!

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 09, 2008, 10:45:43 AM

if you have truly listened to brantley i dont see how you could call him arrogant. maybe brantley wants a wide range of knowledge as opposed to more info on a smaller scale. beckles on the other hand...

I was talking about Beckles really when I said "arrogant".  I think Scott just doesn't see it as being an important part of his job...relying more on his personality, NFL and NCAA experience, and contacts.

Personally though...I listen to Sports Radio for information mostly, some entertainment.  Which is why I would rather listen to a national show over Scott's.  But I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who feel the opposite. 

Yep, that'd be me.  It's all about entertainment.  None of them have some great 411 that you can't get the cold hard facts from our friend Internet.  So it's all about original takes and insights and just being entertaining with those.  Whether that comes from humor or thought provoking insight, it's all good.

No chance you should depend on these entertainers for facts. 

#68 : April 12, 2008, 03:45:30 PM

listened in Friday and it was great, and 1470's signal was really strong through Largo and northern Hillsborough county where I was driving around at which kept me listening!!
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Fabulous Sports Babe, has finally come back to the Bay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools