Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Falcons could be smelling like a rose after this draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: April 04, 2008, 09:51:35 PM

The Falcons could be serious contenders in just a few short season from now with the amount of draft picks they have this season.

1) #3 - Jake Long (T) would be an instant upgrade
2) #34 (OAK) - Antoine Cason (CB) fills the void after the Hall trade
3) #37 - Joe Falcco (QB) the future
4) #48 (HOU) - Trevor Laws (DT) fills the hole after the release of Coleman
5) #68 - Jordy Nelson (WR) chain mover opposite White
6) #98 (comp pick) - Martellus Bennett (TE) fills the hole left by Crumplers release

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 04, 2008, 10:17:47 PM

I agree with you since richey rich isn't making the picks.  They could rebuild this team rather quickly with the high picks they have.  Of course, this is all moot if the former gm still has a say. :)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#2 : April 04, 2008, 10:43:38 PM

The Falcons could be serious contenders in just a few short season from now with the amount of draft picks they have this season.

1) #3 - Jake Long (T) would be an instant upgrade
2) #34 (OAK) - Antoine Cason (CB) fills the void after the Hall trade
3) #37 - Joe Falcco (QB) the future
4) #48 (HOU) - Trevor Laws (DT) fills the hole after the release of Coleman
5) #68 - Jordy Nelson (WR) chain mover opposite White
6) #98 (comp pick) - Martellus Bennett (TE) fills the hole left by Crumplers release

Yeah they could upgrade their team but they could also put themselves in a hole by making a lot of bad picks

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 04, 2008, 10:51:12 PM

Flacco will be a bust, and one OT does not make their OL anything to worry about.  Cason is nice but their safeties still suck, they still need DL help and they better hope Michael Turner is the answer.  I am not worried about Atlanta at all.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 04, 2008, 11:41:29 PM

Flacco will be a bust, and one OT does not make their OL anything to worry about. Cason is nice but their safeties still suck, they still need DL help and they better hope Michael Turner is the answer. I am not worried about Atlanta at all.

I'm also in this boat. The safe bet is that they jack up the draft. If nothing else the straight odds are that at least 3 of their 5 high picks won't pan out. Also, for what my opinion's worth (which isn't much) the Michael Turner signing is highly overrated. He barely flashed in SD when he got the chance to go at a defense worn out by the best back in the NFL. Now he's supposed to walk into a bottom five team and be the savior? I don't see the correlation. He may be okay, but he will not be the reason they become a legit contender.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 04, 2008, 11:50:16 PM

Antonie Cason won't get passed Miami's 2nd round pick, no chance he falls that far.

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#6 : April 05, 2008, 01:28:20 AM

With the first two picks the Dolphins will be taking either OT, DL, or QB.  Cason will get past the Dolphins if he is still available at top of Round 2

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#7 : April 05, 2008, 01:59:29 AM

I've been resigned to this for a short time now, especially after seeing what PR gave them in their 3 round mock. Yowza, that would hurt. But I think they've got to get some Chris Colmers or Marquis Coopers in there somewhere, happens to everybody. Still, they should be getting at least 3 very good players out of this draft. Especially with the value to be had in round 2. CBs and tackles definitely, or maybe WRs/RBs who might have been able to sneak into round 1 in other drafts, and you get them in the discount bin of this draft.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 05, 2008, 02:02:03 AM

The Falcons have the ex Patriots man now making the picks...they will get better real fast ...and if you don't think Turners the real deal...you probably never saw him play...in as little as 2 years with the new guy pulling the strings they'll be right back.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 05, 2008, 02:06:57 AM

I agree, i am jealous of the picks they have this year

Snook

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 05, 2008, 09:33:20 AM

Don't worry about the Falcons, guys.  They are a loser franchise.  And even though Rich McKay is no longer GM, don't think he still doesn't have input.  Afterall, he's still Team President and the new GM answers to him.  Of their top 4 picks, I expect 2 or 3 to be busts.

And Michael Turner doesn't scare me.  ESPECIALLY running behind that offensive line.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 05, 2008, 09:52:56 AM

they still need a QB to pull the trigger until "unibrow" Flacco is ready to play...

You must be accountable for your actions!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 05, 2008, 10:06:43 AM

The Falcons have the ex Patriots man now making the picks...they will get better real fast ...and if you don't think Turners the real deal...you probably never saw him play...in as little as 2 years with the new guy pulling the strings they'll be right back.

Turner is a good back but he's had the luxury of running behind one of the best OL's in football. Also, he's had some pretty damn good QB's playing in front of him. The Falcons have the worst stable of QB's in the league. Couple that with the OL and he's going to have a hard time finding room. Teams are going to dare Redman to beat them just like teams dares Simms to beat them. They are going to gobble up Turner.

A few otehr things, the D has lost one of the more talented CB's in the league. They have a young guy in Houston and possibly Williams but other than that the secondary is c-level talent. The Falcons won't be good for at least 3-4 years, the lack of talent on that roster is going to take a long time to replace.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 05, 2008, 10:07:26 AM

As bad as the Falcons were last year, the Bucs' offense averaged 295 yards per game against them. I don't take any team for granted. There's not a big difference between winning and losing in the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 05, 2008, 10:08:26 AM

A few otehr things, the D has lost one of the more talented CB's in the league. They have a young guy in Houston and possibly Williams but other than that the secondary is c-level talent. The Falcons won't be good for at least 3-4 years, the lack of talent on that roster is going to take a long time to replace.
By all appearances Jimmy Williams has been a complete bust at corner. There's been talk of playing him at free safety, but so far it's just been talk.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Falcons could be smelling like a rose after this draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools