Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donnie Avery's workout was "lights out" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 06, 2008, 12:14:36 PM

I really like Avery, and Eddie Royal not far behind, if behind at all, but I do believe these guys will both be available in the 2nd.  BPA at CB in the 1st, then Avery or Royal in the 2nd.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 06, 2008, 03:01:14 PM

This guy is NOT a 1st round pick.  To compare him to JG is a joke.

"..Is not a great route runner....Won't do much after the catch...Doesn't work the middle of the field much...He is not much of a blocker."

Sounds like the ideal WCO WR, doesn't it?

".He is a long way away from being a polished and well-rounded receiver and will need to be developed"

Uh, no, not with the Bucs offensive coaching staff.  You need a finished product if you want success.

"..Will light it up in workouts but might never be more than a #3 or #4 option and a return guy."

Not an option as a 1st round pick.  As little as I think of Gruden/Allen, even I don't think they would do something this silly.

Put it this way, would you trade this guy straight up for 85?  Thought so.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 06, 2008, 06:03:29 PM

IMO, Avery is not a first round WR in this draft. That would be a tremendous reach for the BUCS to waste a pick on him.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#33 : April 06, 2008, 09:12:12 PM

I really like Avery, and Eddie Royal not far behind, if behind at all, but I do believe these guys will both be available in the 2nd.  BPA at CB in the 1st, then Avery or Royal in the 2nd.

I think they have similar attributes, but are very different prospects. With Royal, you know you're getting a very productive return man who will likely translate well there like numerous mid-rounds picks before him, but only a marginal WR (can't see him ever starting). Then with Avery, you have more of polished, productive WR who I can't see returning much, and wouldn't be a real big threat there. If we had to go with one, I'd REALLY hope it'd be Avery.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 06, 2008, 10:52:39 PM

I predict that no matter who the Bucs draft they'll be a hundred threads here by those who believe they know more than our scouts, GM and Head Coach.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 06, 2008, 11:30:07 PM

I predict that no matter who the Bucs draft they'll be a hundred threads here by those who believe they know more than our scouts, GM and Head Coach.

Just like when we picked Clayton over Jackson

#36 : April 06, 2008, 11:47:54 PM

Just like when we picked Clayton over Jackson

Exactly!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donnie Avery's workout was "lights out" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools