Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Power Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1

creekchub00

Starter

« : December 08, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »

The Best:

1. San Diego Chargers (1) (10-2)

It can be the warm temperatures of San Diego or cold Buffalo, and LaDanian Tomlinson and the Chargers STILL get it done. They weren’t able to pass the ball, but the ground game and defense held on to beat the Bills.

2. Indianapolis Colts (3) (10-2)

Yes, they lost, but on a Matt Bryant-like miracle Field Goal. But honestly, they are still right up there amongst the best. The defense really needs to man up against the run, but other than that, they are a dominating team. Plus, everyone else at the top of my rankings did poorly this week.

3. New England Patriots (4) (9-3)

They should have lost. But as long as the Best QB in the NFL, Tom Brady, is taking the snaps, things will turn out just fine. Maroney’s injury really hurts this team; however, we’ll see how it affects them, if it keeps him sidelined at all.

4. Chicago Bears (5) (10-2)

“We are 10-2, we won the division, and Rex is our Quarterback.” Lovie Smith said that over and over, and he means it. This team is capable of winning with Rex as the quarterback, even if he has horrible games. Plus, the defense is unbelievable, and the special teams keeps putting points up, so I don’t see why they need a change, either.

5. Baltimore Ravens (2) (9-3)

The offense laid an egg, which, to be honest, is the big fear with this team, because unlike the Bears, this defense, and this special teams without Sams, is incapable of keeping this team in games on it own by putting points on the board.

6. New Orleans Saints (8) (8-4)

Reggie Bush entered the game with 1 touchdown from scrimmage, and left with 5. He also accounted for over 70% of the receiving yards for the Saints. Needless to say, that’s why he was taken so high in the draft. Plus, Colston should be getting healthy soon, which will help them out a great deal.

7. Seattle Seahawks (7) (8-4)

Since Josh Brown is the new Adam Vinateri, this team has been able to win a lot of games they should have otherwise lost. They beat a good Broncos team with a young QB, so it wasn’t a HUGE win, but it meant a lot in terms of record.

8. Dallas Cowboys (6) (8-4)

I know they won, and are 8-4, so why did they drop? Because unlike EVERY MEMBER OF THE MEDIA IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES…I think Tony Romo is okay, just okay. And I don’t think he had a good week. Experts are saying he made the throw he needed to make, and all I’ve seen is a pass to an open T.O. to set up a score. Did he light the Bucs up on Turkey Day? Yes. But we haven’t exactly been superb on defense. They barely beat a sinking ship from New York, and face a REAL test this week.

9. Cincinnati Bengals (11) (7-5)

They beat the Ravens in a defensive struggle, a type of game I wouldn’t have expected them to win, which is a sign of a good team. The running game hasn’t really shown up, and the defense is lacking a bit, but the offense does what it needs to do.

10. Kansas City Chiefs (9) (7-5)

Sure they lost to the Browns, but it was in OT and somewhat of a let down game. Trent Green is back and in business, and this team should be in the playoff run til the very last week.

See the rest here

So I know they don't mean all that much haha, but they are fun to read. Thoughts?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 08, 2006, 12:59:48 PM »

My first question is why the smiley face next to Nawleans?

creekchub00

Starter

« #2 : December 08, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

HAHA, because they were previously 8th, and if you put 8 ) right next to each other it creates that smiley!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 08, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »

HAHA, because they were previously 8th, and if you put 8 ) right next to each other it creates that smiley!

Ahh ha! Interesting. 8)

TEAMCALI

Starter

« #4 : December 08, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »

sup creek...  thanks for the power rankings....  too bad the bucs arent there...next year ...next year... 

creekchub00

Starter

« #5 : December 08, 2006, 01:28:08 PM »

Yeah you can see all 32 at the link... Let's just say a very familiar team is at the bottom...haha

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #6 : December 08, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »

Yikes! >:( :o

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #7 : December 09, 2006, 12:14:37 AM »

So wow, after 1 game that is why they took Reggie in the draft.  Got it.

So 12 games he is basically worthless (okay, maybe 11 since his PR beat us), one good game and it justifies everything?  Ok.....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #8 : December 09, 2006, 12:25:52 AM »

I get the feeling he's just getting started.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #9 : December 09, 2006, 12:31:22 AM »

I get the feeling he's just getting started.

I get the feeling he'll be like Vick.  Look great some games especially against poor defenses, but be mediocre at all.

He'll never even come close to touching the hype...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #10 : December 09, 2006, 12:55:24 AM »

Geez, I'm watching Inside the NFL. Reggie Bush is a beast--& faster than hell! Wow.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #11 : December 09, 2006, 01:08:05 AM »

Geez, I'm watching Inside the NFL. Reggie Bush is a beast--& faster than hell! Wow.

lol, so is half the NFL

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #12 : December 09, 2006, 01:14:53 AM »

No, really. And shedding tackles. And taking them with them into the endzone.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #13 : December 09, 2006, 01:39:05 AM »

Ok, well you keep watching 1 games highlights and I will go by what I have seen all season. 

creekchub00

Starter

« #14 : December 09, 2006, 02:11:17 AM »

He is a rookie, let him get acclimated. I hope we can shut him down, but at the same time I hope he does awesome. Back in the day I enjoyed watching Lions Bucs games, even when the Bucs sucked because you knew Barry Sanders was capable of putting up 200+ yards EVERY game, it would be awesome if he was that special of a player, just because it is somthing you will always remember. At the same time, I hope that he Bucs hold him to 40 total yards every game....

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Power Rankings « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools