Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucnation619

Second String

#45 : December 11, 2006, 11:57:30 PM

what u want me to do? huh?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#46 : December 12, 2006, 12:00:29 AM

What pictures?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#47 : December 12, 2006, 12:00:44 AM

Go to thread, where you put pictures, erase them okay? "Remove message"
Boid---I don't think he majors in English.  But I wish I'd seen the pix you put up!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 12, 2006, 12:06:48 AM

Boid---I don't think he majors in English. But I wish I'd seen the pix you put up!

LOL!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#49 : December 12, 2006, 12:10:59 AM

Boid---I don't think he majors in English. But I wish I'd seen the pix you put up!

LOL!
Maybe in a pm?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#50 : December 12, 2006, 02:04:56 AM

The correct term is "coachspeak" and they all do it, even the players. Warren Sapp says what he thinks and gets critisized for it. The truth is more elusive than Barry Saunders and harder to handle than the original L.T. in his prime. People claim to want it but don't know what to do with it.

If everybody who lied was jailed, there would be nobody left to guard us. That's life.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#51 : December 12, 2006, 03:16:57 AM

poor moose johnson gruden told him hes sticking with grads and then put in Rattay at the end of the game....on purpose just to make you look bad moose....grow up dummy.

creekchub00

Starter

#52 : December 12, 2006, 03:23:43 AM

Itchalot,

I think as coach he should have said somthing along the lines of "Who ever gives us the best chance to win, right now Gradkowski  is our guy, but like always things can change" pretty simple answer, lets Grads know he needs to produce, and doesn't at all make him a liar. He told Moose before that he wouldn't pull him as well. It has to at least make you wonder.

The title of the thread is posed with a question mark. I brought up a few examples where he was accused of or thought to have maybe lied.  Everyone is knocking is playcalling, etc but being a coach goes beyond what happens between the sidelines. I never once said it was the wrong move logically, but to have said that he wouldn't pull him barring interceptions earlier in the week, and possibly that he wouldn't pull him period to Moose (or a commentator) would IMO make him a liar. I am not a "journalist" or a wannabe journalist I leave that up the guys at PR, thecaptainsdeck.net is a fan based site, I am not claiming to have inside knowledge or be a "journalist". The topic came up in conversation among me and some other football fans, I presented it with a few past reasons why this may becoming a problem. It was an opinionated article, on a topic which I feel has grounds for discussion. I am unsure why this is such a big deal to be honest. Many people across the internet have debated me, agreed with me, and told me I was flat out disgraceful. I will not apologize for bringing up a potentially valid point. We are all Bucs fans, and I will be till the day I die, I will always back the team, but right now there are problems. Not all of them have to be on the field. I feel Gruden is a good coach and I will not dispute that. My problem lies in how he handles off the field issues and how it might be effecting this team. Maybe you will read the rest of the article and debate it, maybe you won't, but either way I am not the only person with this opinion, and I just brought it up for discussion, with a few reasons why it may be true. Not intended at all to smear Jon Gruden, just to debate a topic.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#53 : December 12, 2006, 05:20:40 AM

"My problem lies in how he handles off the field issues and how it might be effecting this team. Maybe you will read the rest of the article and debate it, maybe you won't, but either way I am not the only person with this opinion, and I just brought it up for discussion, with a few reasons why it may be true. Not intended at all to smear Jon Gruden, just to debate a topic."

It was nothing but a smear.  Gruden made an ordinary, logical coaching move, and you say "Is he a liar?" Its like me saying "Are you a gay prostitute?"  Thats a smear regardless if you put a question mark after it.  Lets start a debate if you are a gay prostitute or not.  Thats what you call just bringing it up for discussion?

You don't just come out and call somebody a liar without a basis for it.  Thats fighting words. Its one of the worst things you can call somebody, and just to come out and do it for something like this is classless.  But you aren't intending to smear Jon Gruden.  Yeah OK.  What a load of crap that is. Thats exactly what you did, and now you don't seem to care.

You are one cold, disgraceful Buc fan.  I don't feel any kinship with you because we are both Bucs fans. Thats another load of crap.  Calling somebody a liar when you have no idea what you are talking about.  Makes me sick.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#54 : December 12, 2006, 05:41:00 AM

Grads generated NOTHING offensively with his arm.  At that point, barring a need as he stated a week earlier, he would leave the kid in.

By Grads own admission, he said he would have yanked himself out, and punched himself in the face because of his poor play...

Gruden did not lie, he is merely backing up his own words.  I mean zero offense is just as good as three picks in my book...Grads DESERVED to be benched, and it was a wake up call to play better, or face more splinter treatment at the end of games...

Yes but that was with DUNGY'S TEAM.......................OK STICK ICE PICK IN YOUR EYE NOW.......IF I EVER HEAR ANYONE SAY THAT AGAIN IN MY PRESENCE I WILL PUMMEL THEM UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD......................

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#55 : December 12, 2006, 06:34:25 AM

You don't just come out and call somebody a liar without a basis for it

How did you come that conclusion?   ??? ??? ???

I would say creekchub has enough proof to form his opinion based on what happened this past game.  If you have proof contrary to that to show Gruden did stick with his word (and did not lie) in this past game please present it.

Enough with the semantics Itch.  Gruden did lie and it is not insulting him by saying that.  Sometimes it is necessary to lie as a head coach but in this case I disagree, strongly, strongly with what Gruden did.  He should have made it clear if Gradkowski was on a short leash earlier IMVHO.

#56 : December 12, 2006, 07:31:57 AM

well when you have 52 yards in total offense in the 2nd half, yeah you can make a change and be let off without being called a liar in my book.

I agree I would have pulled him as well. You cant hold a coach accountable for poor QB play. I just wish we would give the snaps to Rattay the rest of the way and make Bruce earn his way back.....I think it would make him beter.

We have never seen Rattay with the #1's other than Sunday. I am curious to see how Uno Trace will fare

#57 : December 12, 2006, 11:13:17 AM

that true!!

Erase the pics BucNAtion. They are slanderous, and I never called you any names. I did not appreciate the comments being slanderous. I have already, a while back, erased the pics of you. I expect the same of you.

Huh?
seriously WTF?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Gruden a Liar? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools