Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Betts signs five-year extension « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: December 08, 2006, 03:19:39 PM

Redskins | Betts signs five-year extension
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:02:42 -0800

ESPNews reports the Washington Redskins have signed RB Ladell Betts to a five-year contract extension. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 08, 2006, 03:43:26 PM

Well there goes that option.  But I have to say what does that mean for Duckett?

#2 : December 08, 2006, 03:45:09 PM

Well there goes that option.  But I have to say what does that mean for Duckett?

I believe he's a free agent.

Booger

Second String

#3 : December 08, 2006, 03:50:28 PM

I believe he's a free agent.

He is a FA.  What did Washington give up to get him, a 2nd or 3rd  round pick?  What a mistake.  I know Portis was injured, but they should have had a pretty good idea when he would be back.

Duckett has always played well against the Bucs, I'd sign him at a reasonable price.  Playing the Falcons twice a year would probably motivate the guy.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : December 08, 2006, 04:06:00 PM

no way should we attempt to sign Duckett, for a man his size he plays like a coward.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 08, 2006, 04:08:46 PM

With over $400 million of cap space around the NFL next year, I doubt many of the FAs will ever make the market.  If they are good players most teams have enough $$$ to retain their own FAs.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 08, 2006, 04:10:29 PM

And I looked at it just the opposite, players aren't gonna sign with all the potential cash floating out there!!!  Will likely end up somewhere in the middle, but as I think about it any team up against the cap is really at risk this year.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 08, 2006, 04:55:10 PM

Players will want to hit the market and I'm guessing that market is gonna go fast and it is going to be very overpriced. Teams will bid early and high to try and "get" a guy becuaae they know there'll be someone else out there with another wad o' cash.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Bucnation619

Second String

#8 : December 08, 2006, 09:18:14 PM

Betts signs five-year extension..... that good!!

#9 : December 08, 2006, 09:33:54 PM

not for us....

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 08, 2006, 10:23:39 PM

not for us....
Why? Because we can't sign him? Hey I got news for you, we arn't going to sign a RB in the free agency. With all the other problems this team has, RB is last on the list. We need to rebuild the secondary, we need youth in LB. We need a DL that can rush the passer. We need an o-line that can block, we need WRs that can catch, and we need a QB that can throw an accurate pass. And you want to sign a RB????

Bucnation619

Second String

#11 : December 08, 2006, 10:24:04 PM

your point is..........??????????

#12 : December 12, 2006, 11:08:06 AM

not for us....
Why? Because we can't sign him? Hey I got news for you, we arn't going to sign a RB in the free agency. With all the other problems this team has, RB is last on the list. We need to rebuild the secondary, we need youth in LB. We need a DL that can rush the passer. We need an o-line that can block, we need WRs that can catch, and we need a QB that can throw an accurate pass. And you want to sign a RB????
umm no...he acted like that was good news for us...get off my back
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Betts signs five-year extension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools