Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Garcia have the balls...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 09, 2008, 05:00:51 PM

No he doesn't, dude has no hand in this. You have to have leverage and the simple fact that SoB is behind him along with Luke is more than enough for the Bucs to go on without him.

LMAO @ SoB/P takes.  Funny every time!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 09, 2008, 05:32:11 PM

With a baby on the doorstep, I understand his disappointment. But I think, mostly for that reason, he wouldn't chance taking food out of his child's mouth for the sake of greed..
Are you friggn' kidding me? Oh poor baby Garcia, he'll have to suck on a silver spoon instead of the platinum spoon daddy could buy him with his new contract.

You have to put food on a spoon, even if it's plastic, figuratively speaking. My point is that Garcia has to think of his family..

Absolutely. Latrell Sprewell couldn't scrape buy on his $40 million or so 'cause he had to feed his family, so I really don't know how Jeff and Carmella get by. And now with a baby on the way? :)
Give the guy a bonus for performance last year and say there's more where that came from if he continues it this season.

#17 : April 09, 2008, 05:33:36 PM

....to hold out for a new deal?
after the turd he laid against NY in the playoffs I dont think so

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 09, 2008, 05:36:54 PM

no, he has the brains not to.  that would end badly for him, he can't afford a year of daily fines instead of weekly paychecks at this point, and mccown did will enough to give him pause at least....in fact, if garcia held out, i think it would be pretty tempting for plummer to come back to tampa....if we don't draft a QB it improves jeff's leverage, but i just can't see him going down that road - if he loses that battle he basically loses his career.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 09, 2008, 09:49:30 PM

I think he deserves a new contract wih a reasonable raise...and shudder to think of Griese at qb....yuk.. mr. choke artist.

Agent Orange

Starter

#20 : April 09, 2008, 09:56:52 PM

Another player upset after getting sidetracked out of money from coaching decisions. I'm not surprised. I don't see a winning season next year the way things are going this offseason.

schtoomy

Second String

#21 : April 09, 2008, 10:32:58 PM

Another player upset after getting sidetracked out of money from coaching decisions. I'm not surprised. I don't see a winning season next year the way things are going this offseason.

uh... what?  please explain how "coaching decisions" are related to this?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 09, 2008, 11:41:11 PM

Garcia won't do it... because Allen wont care if the Bucs finish 7-9 or 4-12, which will be the Bucs record with or without Garcia respectively. Only someone like Manning or Brady could effectively do that...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 10, 2008, 12:08:45 AM

we can not move on without Garcia....

If Garcia holds out, we give him a new deal....

Honestly, with Griese, Simms, Grads, or McCown at QB we are looking at another double digit loss season...

I dont agree with Garcia's demands, but we certainly can not be competitive without him.

Honestly look at McCown...He still produced decent numbers but we couldnt beat the Panthers, 49ers, or Texans with him in there.  Dont give me that we rested starters either, b/c Garcia certainly would have won at least 2 out of the 3 games

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 10, 2008, 12:19:58 AM

I do NOT believe we would lose double digit games with Luke as the starter.  Do I think we would do as well as we would with Garcia?  No.  But I DO believe that if Luke started the whole season, by season end we would be a better football team than we will if Garcia does.  Unfortunately, we probably wouldn't be able to compete in the playoffs because we would probably miss them....maybe.

But we would be a much better team in 2009.

.....just my opinion

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 10, 2008, 01:05:06 AM

Griese could come in and replica what Garcia did last season

benir0

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 10, 2008, 10:24:20 AM

Title should be changed to "Is Garcia foolish enough"
That would be for someone who practices political correctness. Have I ever struck you as that type of person?

No, I disagree...I think "Is Garcia foolish enough" is more accurate.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 10, 2008, 11:05:47 AM

Griese could come in and replica what Garcia did last season

with 2 to 3 times as many interceptions and maybe 4 or 5 more TDs depending on the running game

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 10, 2008, 11:19:16 AM

yea you guys are crazy and underestimating the importance of Garcia....

Garcia may not have Peyton Manning numbers, but the guy minimizes turnovers, which creates oppurtunities for our defense to play stellar and lights out like they did in many of the games last year, resulting in a playoff bid...

When you have guys like McCown and Griese play, they may toss rmore TDs, but those INTs, fumbles, and sacks really add up and when we turn the ball over on our own 20, it's hard for the D not to give up a TD.

Dont underestimate Garcia and hope the guy stays healthy this season...that is ofcourse if u want the Bucs to be good next year.  If you believe in McCown and would sacrifice the 2008 season  for him, then I'd say your crazy, but also I'd say we'd disagree

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 10, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Garcia went for the money twice in the last few years, and look what it got him.  He needs to choke his contract down and finish out his carrear.  38 year old QBs aren't the future, and aren't going to get the money or security they got in their prime.  He'll have a shot at a SB in a year or two and can retire with a couple of successful seasons in his twighlight.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Does Garcia have the balls...... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools