Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham wants Gore Money « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

bucfanmark

Second String
: April 09, 2008, 10:06:58 PM

You need to be an insider and you would know how the bucs have to save some $ to resign players over the next 2 years

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 09, 2008, 04:50:36 PM

From PFT:

GRAHAM WANTS GORE MONEY
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2008, 4:32 p.m.
With Bucs running back Earnest Graham skipping the first two days of the team’s voluntary offseason workouts, a league source tells us that Graham has gone missing because he wants a new contract.

Per the source, Graham wants to be paid on par with 49ers tailback Frank Gore.  We’re told that the Buccaneers don’t plan to comply.

Graham, by the way, is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, who also represents Gore.  In March 2007, Gore signed an extension through 2011, with a five-year contract value at $28 million.

The former backup has spent four years in Tampa.  He emerged as the go-to back after injuries to Cadillac Williams and Michael Pittman, rusing for 898 yards and ten touchdowns, and starting ten games.

Williams is rehabbing a torn patellar tendon amid rumors that he’ll never play again.  Pittman is a free agent, and unsigned.  The Bucs also have Michael Bennett, Warrick Dunn, and Kenneth Darby under contract.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : April 09, 2008, 04:54:55 PM

If that's really the case, we should see what kind of picks or players we can get.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 09, 2008, 04:55:47 PM

Oh man.... should have just tagged that on to the Earnest Rhett take.

I hope they don't burn him like Rhett that was just sad.

What are the current terms of his contract?  Most importantly how many years are left on it?

I don't mean to wrong him for asking for his jack but man can you get a full 16 games in first? That seems reasonable to me.  Let's hear about it after you rush for 1400 yards and 14 TDs!  Bucs should still be well under the cap next off season.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

simmstheanswer

Starter

#4 : April 09, 2008, 04:56:06 PM

never gonna happen. who the hell does he think he is demanding anything after ONE YEAR OF SUCCESS. and at his age? i mean, i don't blame the guy, it's worth a shot. not like they're going to cut him, since he knows we've got no one else. he has no leverage though, i don't see him getting what he wants in this.  plus, caddy's career is not over, he'll be back and strong.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 09, 2008, 04:56:24 PM

Gore $$$? Wow, I can see why he wants a new deal but Gore $$$? He doesn't have the right, IMO.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 09, 2008, 04:56:33 PM

That's a lot of scratch. I'd have trouble paying him much more than Willie Parker money (4 years $13.6 million).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 09, 2008, 04:58:14 PM

"Drew Rosenhaus"

Says it all...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 09, 2008, 04:58:50 PM

The guy wants to get paid and with the increase role I can see why. This is like putting a house up for sale well over market value hoping the bid will come in close to reality.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 09, 2008, 05:01:25 PM

I'd take Willie Parker every day of the week and twice on Sunday over Graham. Graham hasn't even done it over a full year, hell, even Reuban Droughns ran for a 1000 yds one season. Has Kevin Jones been signed by anyone yet?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 09, 2008, 05:03:10 PM

Graham is in the final year of his contract, maybe now we see why the team is looking into drafting a running back

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 09, 2008, 05:03:53 PM

Wow a kevin jones take.  Kid from VT that went to the lions, right?  Considering I think this is the first I've heard his name since that draft it must not have gone well for him. 

In reference to another thread, i think the kid who shared the back field with Jones at VT is the guy that pretty much never fumbled.

Not VT guys around here??

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 09, 2008, 05:05:20 PM

Graham is in the final year of his contract, maybe now we see why the team is looking into drafting a running back

Well not that makes it interesting, doesn't it?

They might be better off trying to extend him now.  Hmmm....  man could be HUGE could be nothing, I definitely don't envy Teh Bruce.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 09, 2008, 05:09:15 PM

Thats a downer.

Without him the Bucs don't have a power back

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 09, 2008, 05:10:38 PM

Graham has one good year and now he thinks hes the $h!t. Don't get me wrong, I think he fully deserves a pay rise after last year, seeing as hes emerged as our no.1 back and given that he currently earns a pretty paltry salary as far as the NFL is concerned. But it just annoys me that someone who played ST's for 3 years and didn't do jack on offense thinks that one good year gives him the right to start making these kinds of demands. And if it weren't for Carnell Williams' injury he would still have been just another ST scrub.

Graham deserves a pay rise, but there's no way that he deserves to be paid on a par with the top backs in the league.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham wants Gore Money « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools