Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham wants Gore Money « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 09, 2008, 06:12:46 PM

Then again this wasn't Graham's rookie year.

Gore got paid after one big year.

I don't see why Graham can't

But Gore put up 2,100 combined yards of offense while Graham put up 898 yards. This is no comparison between the two.

Less starts, different team, less competition in the backfield, easier schedule.

Despite all that Graham still had more TDs

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 09, 2008, 06:17:44 PM

And kudos for tossing out Graham's recieiving yards to make your arguement stronger

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 09, 2008, 06:19:09 PM

he deserves a raise but not Gore money. In 2006 Gore doubled Graham's production last year, that alone is enough to shut him up.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 09, 2008, 06:24:01 PM

i still think graham is overrated by us fans.  nothin about him is great.  its all just alright.  his running... he onyl got us 4.0 yrd/run ... but we fans make it out as if he was a stud.  the only thing this guy is a stud at is special teams.  his pass blocking was solid, his hands were solid, but did hardly anything after the catch.  another good thin is he never went backwards.  but some bad things are that it takes him 2 or more tries to get in on goaline situations.

overall...i say, see if we can trade him for a fourth rounder or better.  get more out of him then we put into him.  go for a RB in the draft.  the oregon state guy will be there in the first mostly.. and chris johnson in the second.. and so on... every round seems to have a good solid RB in.  its not like we are hurting for rbs. we can actually dump one and be alright as long as our rbs all dont get injured this year. hell there is still pittman out there.

so being realistic... if this guy is looking for that money.. trade him.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 09, 2008, 06:27:32 PM

There is not a RB in the draft that we will have an oppurtunity to draft that can step in and do what Earnest Graham did.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 09, 2008, 06:27:46 PM

And kudos for tossing out Graham's recieiving yards to make your arguement stronger

Im so sorry about that. Graham had 1,222 combined yards compared to Gore's 2,180 combined yards. Still you cant compare the two situations. Also Gore was 23 at the time while Graham is 28. He is crazy to want a contract that would pay him $28 million.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 09, 2008, 06:29:38 PM

Graham deserves a new contract with a pay raise, that's for sure.  As to Gore money, I tihnk that's far too high as a base deal, but allowing him to get that kind of money as incentive-based payment isn't unreasonable.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 09, 2008, 06:32:38 PM

i still think graham is overrated by us fans.  nothin about him is great.  its all just alright.  his running... he onyl got us 4.0 yrd/run ... but we fans make it out as if he was a stud.  the only thing this guy is a stud at is special teams.  his pass blocking was solid, his hands were solid, but did hardly anything after the catch.  another good thin is he never went backwards.  but some bad things are that it takes him 2 or more tries to get in on goaline situations.
There's something to be said for being able to hit the hole and get every yard available without ever giving available yards up. That's the kind of running you need in the playoffs. Flashy backs are great for beating up loser teams, but boring grinder backs work best in January.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 09, 2008, 06:32:45 PM

There is not a RB in the draft that we will have an oppurtunity to draft that can step in and do what Earnest Graham did.

Jonathan Stewart? Rashard Mendenhall? Pick a second or third rounder and they could fill Graham's shoes with relative ease. RB is the easiest position to transition to out of college. It's the pass protections that make it difficult.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 09, 2008, 06:33:53 PM

I don't think Graham neccesarily wants a contract identical to the one Gore got.

Just something similar.

Graham may not win your fantasy football games for you or be as flashy as some of you want

But he gets it done

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 09, 2008, 06:34:42 PM

Jonathan Stewart? Rashard Mendenhall? Pick a second or third rounder and they could fill Graham's shoes with relative ease. RB is the easiest position to transition to out of college. It's the pass protections that make it difficult.

Will either of those two be left at twenty?

Can we afford to draft another first round RB?

Didn't Graham excel at Pass protection?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 09, 2008, 06:34:48 PM

So does a Dodge Dart. ;)

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 09, 2008, 06:35:04 PM

Graham has one good year and now he thinks hes the $h!t. Don't get me wrong, I think he fully deserves a pay rise after last year, seeing as hes emerged as our no.1 back and given that he currently earns a pretty paltry salary as far as the NFL is concerned. But it just annoys me that someone who played ST's for 3 years and didn't do jack on offense thinks that one good year gives him the right to start making these kinds of demands. And if it weren't for Carnell Williams' injury he would still have been just another ST scrub.

Graham deserves a pay rise, but there's no way that he deserves to be paid on a par with the top backs in the league.

nice take.  sorry earnest, but this type of request doesn't even warrant a response.  Frank Gore money??  When Graham starts putting up Gore type stats for MULTIPLE seasons then we'll talk.  This has Rosenhaus written all over it.  i'm not worried yet though. these otas are voluntary.  we'll see if he misses any madatory stuff.  

sealbuc2

Starter

#43 : April 09, 2008, 06:35:52 PM

Draft a running back .

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 09, 2008, 06:36:43 PM

Will either of those two be left at twenty?

Can we afford to draft ANOTHER first round RB?

Didn't Graham excel at Pass protection?

Excel? No he didn't excel. He played well. I believe that Stewart will definitely be there, Mendenhall 50/50.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Graham wants Gore Money « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools