Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OT Jake Long could be first pick « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: April 09, 2008, 06:45:11 PM

The Dolphins have begun formal contract negotiations with Tom Condon the agent for former Michigan OT Jake Long according to NFLdraftscout.com

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Watchman

Starter

#1 : April 09, 2008, 06:48:04 PM

Not a big suprise. 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 09, 2008, 06:48:15 PM

If they don't take him he is falling to Kansas City

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 09, 2008, 06:55:32 PM

I still think it will be Chris Long but everyone is saying Miami is going to negotiate with pretty much the top 5 prospects to keep prices down.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#4 : April 09, 2008, 07:17:49 PM

Not sure how you could pass up the best OT prospect in the draft. If you're rebuilding, that is a big block on the foundation.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Watchman

Starter

#5 : April 09, 2008, 07:20:08 PM

If they don't take him he is falling to Kansas City

Maybe, it won't be a shock if he goes before the Chiefs, you could make a case for any of the teams in the top 5 taking him.  I'd be really suprised if the Chiefs passed on him though.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 09, 2008, 07:26:09 PM

I thought St. Louis had a solid LT in place and it's possible that Oakland would be a little LT gun shy.

So it would come down to Atlanta in my opinion

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 09, 2008, 07:29:49 PM

I thought St. Louis had a solid LT in place and it's possible that Oakland would be a little LT gun shy.

So it would come down to Atlanta in my opinion
St. Louis drafted Alex Barron in the 1st a few years ago but he's not been anything to speak of.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Watchman

Starter

#8 : April 09, 2008, 07:46:13 PM

Pace is getting long in the tooth, and has had injury problems the past two seasons.  I'd take Jake Long over Alex Barron anyday.  But having Long at LT and Barron at RT (where I believe he's seen some time) wouldn't be bad at all.

Jake Long going to Miami shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Plank

Starter

#9 : April 09, 2008, 09:16:53 PM

No shock at all. Parcells is no idiot, he knows to build in the trenches. The first pick will be a lineman. OL or DL, that is the question.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OT Jake Long could be first pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools