Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Draft (what else is there to talk about) « previous next »
Page: 1

smma

Second String

: December 08, 2006, 06:34:02 PM

If the season ended today the Bucs pick fourth.

1. Detroit - Brady Quinn QB (desperate for a QB)
2. Oakland - Brian Brohm QB (ditto)
3. Arizona - Joe Thomas OT (Leonard Davis is a UFA)
4. Tampa Bay - ?

If it does play out this way the next best player IMO is Calvin Johnson WR.
Would another WR help?
Would he even start next season over Galloway, Clayton or Stovall?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#1 : December 08, 2006, 06:37:29 PM

He'd start right now over Clayton.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 08, 2006, 06:41:15 PM

Recent history (Clayton, Stovall) suggests that he wouldn't start immediately, and might not make it into the starting lineup at all without injuries.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 08, 2006, 06:58:10 PM

I think the more appropriate comparison in this case would be with Caddy.  Who did not, needless to say, sit and "learn" from Pittman.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#4 : December 08, 2006, 07:07:25 PM

Recent history (Clayton, Stovall) suggests that he wouldn't start immediately, and might not make it into the starting lineup at all without injuries.
Stovall was a 4th round pick.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 08, 2006, 09:37:16 PM

I'd go Johnson, and then with the next pick pick up a defensive player best available, then go with troy smith with our next second rounder if he is still there that way we are improving our O, and on D we wont get Ira kaufman bashing gruden for not picking a D player in the top 2 rounds. I think we need a talent in Free agency too a lot of good player should be available if the people i think are going to get cut get cut.

#6 : December 08, 2006, 09:39:34 PM

Stovall was a 4th round pick.
3rd....:)

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#7 : December 08, 2006, 10:38:41 PM

Brohm isn't a top 2 pick, nor a lock to come out.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Draft (what else is there to talk about) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools