Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When do the Bucs get the 1st win of the season? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 09, 2006, 05:02:24 PM

Well go about .500 here on out.  5-6 wins.  We'll beat Cincy, they haven't been playing "lights out", they've been playing poorly/inconsistently.  I would like to think a win v. philly but that's a tall order.  Skins, NO at home, Browns, PIT, and either CAR or Falcons.  SEA may not play starters in december too, so that may become a gimme.  Look how bad NYG made Wash look.  and how bad SEA made NYG look...and how bad the bears made SEA look.  Or how the Pats made Cincy look.   These teams have better records, but they aren't consistent.  As bad as we have played in 4 games, a lot of the teams we have played that badly in 2 of them.  Just as last year we were only a few bounces or calls from being a 5-11, we are only a bounce and a call from 2-2 right now.

It all really bepends on the D.  If the D can just get out of the cellar 5 wins may be conservative.

We've seen the offense is about ready.  They looked smooth and consistent like we haven't seen before.  Even in his big games it was stop and go under Simms, and same under greise.  We seem to have found the missing link.  There'll be some bad games of course, but more good ones.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2006, 05:04:59 PM

Well go about .500 here on out. 5-6 wins. We'll beat Cincy, they haven't been playing "lights out", they've been playing poorly/inconsistently. I would like to think a win v. philly but that's a tall order. Skins, NO at home, Browns, PIT, and either CAR or Falcons. SEA may not play starters in december too, so that may become a gimme. Look how bad NYG made Wash look. and how bad SEA made NYG look...and how bad the bears made SEA look. Or how the Pats made Cincy look. These teams have better records, but they aren't consistent. As bad as we have played in 4 games, a lot of the teams we have played that badly in 2 of them. Just as last year we were only a few bounces or calls from being a 5-11, we are only a bounce and a call from 2-2 right now.

It all really bepends on the D. If the D can just get out of the cellar 5 wins may be conservative.

We've seen the offense is about ready. They looked smooth and consistent like we haven't seen before. Even in his big games it was stop and go under Simms, and same under greise. We seem to have found the missing link. There'll be some bad games of course, but more good ones.

Love your optimism.  But why not include the Giants in that same field of inconsistents?

I still think three cold weather games versus Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland will leave the team shellacked.

simms22

Second String

#17 : October 09, 2006, 05:06:28 PM

Who cares really. We aren't going to the play-offs and every win takes us down the draft. I will be happy with lots of progress from the rookies and maybe 3 or 4 wins this season.
agreed...if we arent going to the playoffs, as long as the young guys improve and get experience and we get a high draft pick that we dont manage to mess up i will be happy. Its time we brought some new young talent onto the team and reload for the future.

#18 : October 09, 2006, 05:30:52 PM

4 wins....tops.....unless we see a rash of injuries to key players of our opponents.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When do the Bucs get the 1st win of the season? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools