Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dropped Balls « previous next »
Page: 1 2

psymun

Starter
: December 08, 2006, 09:55:03 PM

Why does everyone ignore the fact that Joey Galloway has the most dropped passes on the team?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 08, 2006, 09:56:45 PM

Maybe they haven't seen his balls as much as they've seen Clayton's.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 08, 2006, 10:10:34 PM

Because usually Galloway will come back and catch another one for thirty yards. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : December 08, 2006, 10:15:17 PM

Since it's not just 1 player, why do you suppose everyone is dropping balls?  Lack of focus?  Why?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 08, 2006, 11:51:01 PM

This team doesn't know how to do anything even keel. If it's on a high, it stays high; if it's on a low, it gets really low. Psychologically, it seems as if we have a lot of manic depressives.

In Verner We Trust

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : December 09, 2006, 12:42:21 AM

Because if I were Galloway I would be shocked when Bruce actually throws a catchable pass as well.....

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#6 : December 09, 2006, 12:45:36 AM

Its not so much the total drops, as the % of drops. Clayton (for instance) gets fewer looks (therefore) and needs to make them count. He doesnt (or I guess didnt) have the luxury of dropped passes.

watson

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 09, 2006, 06:26:36 AM

Dropped passes happen on almost every team.  Not too many receivers in the NFL go through a season without dropping a pass or passes.  What upsets me as much or more than the dropped passes is the lack of effort I see the WRs make to catch the ball unless it is thrown perfectly to them.  How many times this season have you seen the WRs fight for the ball or knock it down to prevent an interception?  I watch other teams WRs......like the Panthers....and see their WRs going up between 2 or 3 defenders and coming down with the ball.  And before someone talks about how Gradkowski doesn't throw the ball where it is supposed to be thrown, Delhomo doesn't either.  He just throws it up for grabs but his guys fight for the ball and come down with it.  It just appears as though the other teams WRs just want the ball more.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#8 : December 09, 2006, 06:28:47 AM

Galloway has been held catchless twice as well, and had a 1 catch game too.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#9 : December 09, 2006, 02:57:15 PM

Because if I were Galloway I would be shocked when Bruce actually throws a catchable pass as well.....

Agreed.  We're either going full tilt, or nothing.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 09, 2006, 03:18:03 PM

Hold dare you speak the truth.   ??? :D

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : December 09, 2006, 06:19:33 PM

Yeah, again you have to have a QB who can get him the ball......

watson

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 09, 2006, 08:02:38 PM

And the QB has to have a WR that will go all out to catch the ball.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#13 : December 10, 2006, 06:21:33 AM

Only one of those 3 games were with Bruce as QB so I dunno what you're getting at... ???

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2006, 07:07:10 AM

Galloway only has the most drops because he gets over 50% of the passes thrown his way.  The reason for that is he's the only guy who gets open and the only guy who does occasionally catch the ball.   He's BY FAR the best receiver we have and without him our offense would be a candidate for a shutout every game.  Clayton sucks, so do the rest besides Galloway.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dropped Balls « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools