Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock, plus team needs and players that fit « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 10, 2008, 09:49:03 PM

Chris Johnson is 20-25 pounds away from having the physical attributes to be an Elite NFL Back

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 10, 2008, 09:54:32 PM

Chris Johnson is 20-25 pounds away from having the physical attributes to be an Elite NFL Back

i would say more like 10-20 lbs away from that.  but if you have seen him, he is a very physical type back.  i would not expect a 220 lb back to run a 4.24 40 and take it on the field like chris johnson does.  for the bucs, what we are missing is a playmaker with elite speed.  so we must make the choice.. a everydown back or a playmaker.  EG is an everydown back, but lacks the playmaking skill.  JG can put together a beastly offense with CJ and EG ... due to them having different run styles... the closest comparison is brandon jacobs and his back up.. ahmad something...  brandon is a bruiser and ahmad is a speed type.. that throws off defenses.

with both these backs we can actually be feared on the ground, but also have major reciveing threats out of the backfield.. with dunn and chris johnson.  could you imagine a real "rocket backfield" with those two? dunn & chris johnson would be an azmaing rocket backfield.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 10, 2008, 09:54:44 PM

Now you have lost some credibility with that statement.

So at 207, and with his speed and elusiveness in the open field, and his ability to catch the ball, he is still too light to be an elite back?

How much do you think Michael Westbrook and Adrian Peterson weigh?

You are beginning to remind me of ADW with your tactic of just arguing without making points.

I am done with you, so don't look for any more replies on this subject to anything you say.

.....just my opinion

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 10, 2008, 09:56:42 PM

Easy Easy.

Adrian Peterson weighs 217
LaDanian Tomlinson weights 221

Those are my facts

And I think it's premature to assume he gains those 10 pounds

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 10, 2008, 09:57:29 PM

Michael Westbrook is a beast though.

I agree

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 10, 2008, 09:59:04 PM

I agree

you know what he means bro.  and AP and LT are unfair comparisons.  AP and LT are two of the best backs ever to hit the NFL.
Westbrook is the best comparison. what is his weight?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 10, 2008, 10:01:44 PM

Him and Westbrook are similar in weight.

But Westbrook has never played a sixteen game season in his entire career.

Does that have anything to do with his size?

And Yes AP and LT are Elite Backs.

And thats why I said he (Chris Johnson) was 20-25 pounds away from being an Elite back.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 10, 2008, 10:02:23 PM

I'm not sure James Hardy can stretch defenses.

And thats why I said he (Chris Johnson) was 20-25 pounds away from being an Elite back.

That is a lot of weight to put on in muscle. I don't think he has the frame to do that and keep the speed. I think Johnson is destined to be as injury prone as Westbrook is.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 10, 2008, 10:04:56 PM

im not sure JG wants to use chris johnson as a LT or AP.  i think he wants to use him as westbrooks type. a threat out of the backfield.

im done with this conversation though bro.. south park is on.. the one where he talks about belichek(sp?) cheating.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 11, 2008, 08:25:09 AM

I agree
It's where you carry your weight that counts. The great small backs like Westbrook, Dunn, MJD, Sanders, etc., have disproportionately large legs that allow them to take the pounding of getting hit 20 times a game. Chris Johnson looks to me like his build is in his upper body.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 11, 2008, 08:26:26 AM

johnson is built like a greyhound ...and runs like one ...Gruden is a smart coach...and if on the team ...would pass to him out of the backfield...line him up as a flanker...rush a few times ...end around....and kick offs like Hester....and GUESS WHAT ....HES BORN AND RAISED IN ORLANDO AND LOVES THE BUCS....hometown boy makes good...of course they'll take him with the 1st pick....thats just to good to pass up...and its exactly the kind of player Gruden can use in a variety of ways to take advantage of his warp speed...SPEED KILLS!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 11, 2008, 08:30:24 AM

So how many teams were in the playoffs because of a finesse wide receiver / running back combo player?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 11, 2008, 08:44:29 AM

Fellers, the man's name is BRIAN Westbrook.... ::)

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 11, 2008, 08:45:58 AM

So how many teams were in the playoffs because of a finesse wide receiver / running back combo player?

Marshall Faulk works for NFLN now....lol

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 11, 2008, 08:53:12 AM

Faulk was in the top 5 for rushing yards in 1999, 2000, and 2001. There is nothing finesse about that. When his body began to break down and he couldn't pound it inside anymore, the outside stuff didn't work as well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock, plus team needs and players that fit « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools