Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can see why Gruden should be drooling.... chris johnson! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: April 11, 2008, 09:49:47 AM

hes projected for the 2nd ...Westbrook went in the 3rd ...why...because of who they played in college....Gruden loved Westbrook...the bottom line is if we don't take him with the 1st pick he won't be there for our 2nd pick...that would be stupid...they could line him up as a wr opposite Galloway or put him in the slot...plus his kick returning makes him the juice Gruden is looking for.
The reason these types of players should go in the 3rd round is because for every Brian Westbrook, there are 10 guys who look just like him but suck. DBTB mentioned Ryan Moats. It's a big risk. For every Jonathan Stewart type, they hit at about a 50/50 rate.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 10, 2008, 09:01:20 PM

wow... i never checked this guy out. but iw ent ahead and watched his highlights... i thought he would be anti physical.  but this guy lowers his shoulders. he goes outside alot. but his speed is amazing. he hits the hole when he sees it. and man.. his speed.  he is amazing. consider me on his bandwagon.

EDIT : he needs more ball security.  and he looks like westbrook but thicker.  this guy is a stud.

EDIT TWICE: 4bucs ... GOOD CALL BRO!!!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 10, 2008, 09:09:27 PM

i'm not sure i want to spend a high pick on a RB this year given our other needs but it is impressive to watch him hit the jets in the open field. 

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 10, 2008, 09:10:46 PM

First Round RB is a luxuary I don't think the Bucs can afford.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 10, 2008, 09:11:28 PM

Not to mention I'd be hesitant about a RB with a fumbling and turf toe history.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 10, 2008, 09:11:59 PM

i'm not sure i want to spend a high pick on a RB this year given our other needs but it is impressive to watch him hit the jets in the open field. 

yea i agree. i never watched him before actually.. until then... and im glad his speed is on the field as well as in the 40.  he doesnt have much cutting ability. but he does have that illusive ability. the side step type thing.  i like him a whole lot.  although i would rather we go with another position. i wonder what gruden could do with this guy.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 10, 2008, 09:14:02 PM

Not to mention I'd be hesitant about a RB with a fumbling and turf toe history.

does he have a fumbling history? it looks like he doesn't secure the ball well... but i didnt know if he actually fumbled alot.

also.. i had no idea about turf toe problem.  i know brian kelly got held out basically a year for it.  is it really that bad?

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 10, 2008, 09:15:11 PM

He doesn't fumble.  I think he had one fumble in the last two years.  Not positive on that, but I think it is correct.  After watching his highlights, you now see why 4bucs and I have been defending him against all comers.  I'm glad you saw him lowering his shoulders too.  It has driven me crazy to hear people say he looks to break everything outside.  He also is MUCH faster than Westbrook.  Draftscout is one ho compares him to Westbrook but goes on to say he has a 2nd gear Westbrook just doesn't have.  He also has open field speed that leaves almost ANYONE in the dust.

He also is an excellent receiver and GREAT KR!  

.....just my opinion

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 10, 2008, 09:18:36 PM

He doesn't fumble.  I think he had one fumble in the last two years.  Not positive on that, but I think it is correct.  After watching his highlights, you now see why 4bucs and I have been defending him against all comers.  I'm glad you saw him lowering his shoulders too.  It has driven me crazy to hear people say he looks to break everything outside.  He also is MUCH faster than Westbrook.  Draftscout is one ho compares him to Westbrook but goes on to say he has a 2nd gear Westbrook just doesn't have.  He also has open field speed that leaves almost ANYONE in the dust.

He also is an excellent receiver and GREAT KR! 

great take!

i love to see him lower his shoulder when he know he cant get much more. i lvoe his stiff arm also.  he is aggressive for a speed back.  i really like him. and wouldnt mind if he was our first pick.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 10, 2008, 09:21:59 PM

He fumbled seven times his first three years in college.

A big knock on him is his small hands.

And now he has to grasp a pro ball.

And turf toe just scares the bajesus out of me

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 10, 2008, 09:25:59 PM

He fumbled seven times his first three years in college.

A big knock on him is his small hands.

And now he has to grasp a pro ball.

And turf toe just scares the bajesus out of me

Fumbling can be corrected.
I dont think small hands is a problem at all.  his ability to catch and run surly hasn't been affected.
And what is the bug deal about turf toe? he ran a 4.24.  does that mean he is not hurt anymore... or did he run that hurt.  i have not heard a thing that he was hurt.

(and no offense but offense is spelled wrong in your quote.)

#11 : April 10, 2008, 09:28:26 PM

I'm officially on board.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 10, 2008, 09:28:37 PM

7 fumbles in 3 years!  Wow!  And NONE his senior year!

Also, his turf toe was during his JUNIOR year.  He had no problems with it his senior year.

.....just my opinion

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 10, 2008, 09:29:56 PM

We can't afford to take this guy with the first pick.

Don't bite on the hype

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 10, 2008, 09:31:32 PM

We can't afford to take this guy with the first pick.

Don't bite on the hype

i really think gruden could use this guy as a real weapon.  CBs and WRs and OT and DL can be found later.

i dont care where we get him as long as we get him.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can see why Gruden should be drooling.... chris johnson! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools