Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can see why Gruden should be drooling.... chris johnson! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 10, 2008, 09:49:01 PM

No I was just verifying that the majority of NFL draft "Experts" believe Chris Johnson won't go until the second round.

Like you said

if they say second.. i would imagine he goes late first to middle second.  we are in both ranges. i would rather us get our hands on him. but its not up to us to make the call.  i will agree with whoever the bucs choose.  they are more educated than us.  but this is truing out to be a good convo.  who do you belive we should take with the first pick?

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 10, 2008, 09:51:22 PM

Chris Johnson!

I would be really torn if he and Jonathon Stewart were both there!

.....just my opinion

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 10, 2008, 09:52:18 PM

I can see the Chris Johnson pick.

And I'm assuming it's much more of a possibility than I would care to admit.

But I'd rather see a Defensive Lineman, WR, or if it must be a RB a more stereotypical built one like Felix Jones or Jonathan Stewart

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 10, 2008, 09:54:17 PM

Damn, the guy looks ridiculous on tape. He is fast, the one thing you have to remember and take into account is that those are indeed highlights and he did not play many good schools. Still, I'd take him in the 2nd round without thinking twice.

#34 : April 10, 2008, 10:05:51 PM

Michael Westbrook went in the 3rd round. 

Should he have been a 1st round pick?

awesome response!!!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 10, 2008, 10:09:55 PM

He would have had poor value in the first round of that draft

Considering he could have been had in the second or third round.

But thats a whole different can of worms.

Based on his production in the NFL.

Should he have been a first round pick?

Probably

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 10, 2008, 10:11:16 PM

Except that it's Brian Westbrook. I believe Michael Westbrook went #5 overall to Washington and was a total bust.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 10, 2008, 10:12:50 PM

Sunny D, I think based on production it's a no-brainer.

I do get what you are saying about value though.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 10, 2008, 10:19:26 PM

Michael Westbrook  tsk tsk!

A perfect example of my "old timers disease"!!!

.....just my opinion

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 10, 2008, 10:19:43 PM

Like I said last time I watched another highlight film: bona fide speed. The only thing I dislike about the Westbrook comparison is that I'm not completely convinced he has the same balance. Looks like it's good, but Westbrook is on a different level. That said, I still like him with the second pick. If nothing else he plays sparingly, learns the offense, and gives us a legit KR/PR.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 10, 2008, 10:24:02 PM

He could be used in a specific package of plays very soon, with them being added to gradually as he learns the offense.

And as you said, he would immediately be a legit returner.

.....just my opinion

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 10, 2008, 10:25:07 PM

I've said it before, but he looks a bit to me like ex-Buc Gary Anderson.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#42 : April 10, 2008, 11:17:19 PM

If we trade down to the bottom of the 1st and pick up more picks, I would not be opposed to picking this guy up, I saw him 3 times during the year. But.. with the history of this FO taking offense with the 1st pick, I still don't trust they know what they are doing on offense.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : April 10, 2008, 11:24:37 PM

He fumbled seven times his first three years in college.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! The tragedy of it all. Just a CH over 2 fumbles per season. Hell Cathy Williams fumbles more than he does.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 10, 2008, 11:29:07 PM

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the thing about the draft. People are like, "oh, we cannot take this guys because he is slated to go in R2". Its like you just wanna yell, "DUDE WE ARE PICKING #20, NOT #2"! Maybe Johnson is a R2 guy and just maybe there aren't WR's with R1 grades, as many here complain, but what are we suppose to do? Take Merling and his no pass rush ability just because... ???

Chris Johnson may be a little bit of a reach but if you think the guy can play and be a great addition you take him! The same people calling drafting Chris Johnson in R1 a reach COULD be the same people in 4 years yelling at the FO to make a trade for him. I want Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed or Chris Johnson. I think all can be great players for us and are different than anything we have and can be super productive for us.

I'm buying Chris Johnson if that is the pick. I don't care where on the earth he is projected to go. I'll buy his goods early and save a ton down the road. I think this guy could be ultra dynamic for us...!

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I can see why Gruden should be drooling.... chris johnson! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools