Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLDC mock updated 04112008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 11, 2008, 12:12:04 PM

I think too much is made of 1st round corners. It seems that most are man to man defenders first, zone players second. We don't need man cover corners, therefore the drop in a CB's value to us.

jsalata

Practice Squad

#16 : April 11, 2008, 01:12:51 PM

I like Jenkins but would probably rather have Dre Moore than Avery in the second.

Also I know this is just a mock but by this projection, the Falcons have a great 1st 3 picks with Dorsey, Brohm, and Cason.

Agent Orange

Starter

#17 : April 11, 2008, 01:27:39 PM

I would much rather have Jordy Nelson if they have him going that early. Avery doesn't impress me. Jenkins would be great but I don't think they'll go corner in the 1st round.

#18 : April 11, 2008, 03:46:11 PM

Not in my opinion.

I don't see what Jenkins can do that Talib can't
Me neither...Looking at the stats here Jenkins has played around 30% more games than Talib but Talib had 33 more career tackles 162 compared to 133 and 7 more career interceptions than Jenkins 13 compared to 6. If anything numbers wise Jenkins should be landing somewhere in the second round....However his intangibles keep him high. Plus Talib played better teams in his conference.

The same way some people cannot see why you would select a Dexter Jackson in lieu of a Desean Jackson...

I understand its a homer pick...he is a USF guy and they Bay area wants th kid here. However he is not on paper the best CB in the draft...Antoine Cason's numbers blow Jenkins away and he is a mid second on some boards

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 11, 2008, 03:51:41 PM

Of all positions you don't draft corners on their stats. Fewer tackles often mean QB's are throwing away from you.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 11, 2008, 03:53:18 PM

if not for being the hometown guy, would so many here still love jenkins?  give me the guy that is physical, likes contact, and supposedly has instincts.  ive heard thats cason and flowers.  if thats jenkins as well, bring him in.

id be real happy with that draft, knocking out 2 of what i think are our big 3 needs...UT/CB/speedWR, return ability appreciated.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#21 : April 11, 2008, 03:53:41 PM

Of all positions you don't draft corners on their stats. Fewer tackles often mean QB's are throwing away from you.

But a great deal goes in to interceptions and that is the biggest difference to me

The kid is a ball hawk

#22 : April 11, 2008, 03:55:42 PM

if not for being the hometown guy, would so many here still love jenkins? give me the guy that is physical, likes contact, and supposedly has instincts. ive heard thats cason and flowers. if thats jenkins as well, bring him in.

id be real happy with that draft, knocking out 2 of what i think are our big 3 needs...UT/CB/speedWR, return ability appreciated.

Thats why I love Cason

He is big
He is physical
He leads the "top" class in Interceptions
He benched one of the top reps in the CB class
He is a community guy
He is a damn fine KR/PR

What else do you need?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 11, 2008, 04:34:09 PM

I question taking Mike Jenkins with Talib still on the board though
Talib sucks.  Jenkins isn't a great fit either but he's way more talented.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 11, 2008, 04:35:34 PM

I don't think Talib sucks at all.

Just my two cents though.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 11, 2008, 04:38:20 PM

soft, arrogant, slow, and undisciplined.  IMO.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 11, 2008, 04:45:29 PM

utspartan - preaching to the choir with me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#27 : April 11, 2008, 04:46:28 PM

utspartan - preaching to the choir with me.

I am trying to preach to FO

but I think thy have Jenkins fever  :'(

simmstheanswer

Starter

#28 : April 11, 2008, 05:09:34 PM

I think too much is made of 1st round corners. It seems that most are man to man defenders first, zone players second. We don't need man cover corners, therefore the drop in a CB's value to us.

we played a lot of man last year, and have done more so every year for the past few years. notice how our D suffers when BK goes out? the amount of man we play now really requires us to not only have cb's that play in their zone, but guys that can stick to a wr as well.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 11, 2008, 06:01:00 PM

I'd take CB Michael Jenkins and DT Dre Moore in that senario.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLDC mock updated 04112008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools