Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLDC mock updated 04112008 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 11, 2008, 06:14:25 PM

I dont think Tampa should take Talib or Jenkins. The few times I saw each of them they got worked too much for 1st rd corners

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#31 : April 12, 2008, 12:06:47 AM

Ha! They did it too. Ellis to the Bengals. That ain't happening.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 12, 2008, 12:20:37 AM

In my opinion the best corners in the draft FOR OUR DEFENSE are Cason and Flowers in that order.

I like Jordy Nelson too, very much, but his isn't the speed receiver we are looking for.  He IS much faster than many thought though.  I believe he ran about a 4.48 at the Combine, surprising a lot of people.

I would love to somehow get Chris Johnson, Avery AND Jordy Nelson in this draft.  Nelson is big, good hands, very heady, and good speed.  Like Devin Thomas, a perfect WCO wr.  Big enough to break tackles, but can take the ball a long way if he does break one....not as much as Thomas, but he can.

.....just my opinion

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 12, 2008, 08:44:27 AM

I question taking Mike Jenkins with Talib still on the board though

something about Talib i just dont like.......he strikes me as more of a finesse guy who'll have trouble playing disciplined ball in our zone scheme.  he seems more like a heavy man coverage type of corner than a Cover 2 guy.  like bucjoe, i think cason and flowers fit our scheme better than some of these top rated guys. 

Plank

Starter

#34 : April 12, 2008, 09:19:28 PM

Of all positions you don't draft corners on their stats. Fewer tackles often mean QB's are throwing away from you.

My thoughts exactly. A CB with a lot of tackles is either being picked on or is a beast against the run. I think Talib is the former. I would be happy with Jenkins or Cason, don't think Talib is a first rounder, DRC is not stout enough for our system (but is a very good corner), and Flowers has too many off the field issues to be a first rounder.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 14, 2008, 08:06:51 AM

according to PFT.com Talib missed a scheduled visit with the Dallas Cowboys...FWIW...if this is truly what happened, not a good way to endear yourself to other prospective employers

You must be accountable for your actions!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 14, 2008, 09:09:58 AM

theres plenty of cbs ...we may wait till the 4th rd.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 23, 2009, 04:45:18 PM

Another one for funsies

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2009, 04:53:48 PM

Gawd...nuff already.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 23, 2009, 05:15:48 PM

Yeah I remember the Mike Jenkins hype.

Bucs got the right player. Talib, Cason, and Flowers are all better than Jenkins IMO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 23, 2009, 06:40:20 PM

I honestly didn't like Talib before the draft because all I had seen was WR highlights of him getting burnt, and I didn't think he was going to be available for the Bucs to pick.  After he was drafted, I was able to watch more game tape and understood why he was burnt.  I was on board with the selection a few weeks later, even though I might have personally preferred DeSean Jackson, Chris Johnson, or Brian Brohm for Gruden's offense.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2009, 07:12:35 PM

I honestly didn't like Talib before the draft because all I had seen was WR highlights of him getting burnt, and I didn't think he was going to be available for the Bucs to pick.  After he was drafted, I was able to watch more game tape and understood why he was burnt.  I was on board with the selection a few weeks later, even though I might have personally preferred DeSean Jackson, Chris Johnson, or Brian Brohm for Gruden's offense.
Same with me. I preferred both Jenkins and Cason over Talib pre-draft, but the more I realized how much head and shoulders better Talib was physically, I jumped on board.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLDC mock updated 04112008 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools