Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson scouting report « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 12, 2008, 03:53:29 PM

garcia also had 4 years of CFL training.  what you do on the field is fine, but when you are competing against guys that couldnt/didnt field scholarships in college there will probably be some significant growing pains. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 12, 2008, 05:12:58 PM

just heard an interveiw of josh johnson... what a guy.. this is what he said

"well this is a private school so we had to pay our way in, but we wanted to play football (talking about him and his teamates), basically my plan was to get a four year degree and go into the real world and get a job... i just came here because other schools didnt offer the same kind of education... we went out every saturday and just played, we all didnt think we would be playing on sundays, we were  just some kids that wanted agood education, but to also play football."

something like that... but it was a great interview...

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 12, 2008, 06:25:59 PM

just heard an interveiw of josh johnson... what a guy.. this is what he said

"well this is a private school so we had to pay our way in, but we wanted to play football (talking about him and his teamates), basically my plan was to get a four year degree and go into the real world and get a job... i just came here because other schools didnt offer the same kind of education... we went out every saturday and just played, we all didnt think we would be playing on sundays, we were  just some kids that wanted agood education, but to also play football."

something like that... but it was a great interview...

Wow. Seems like an intelligent young man. I hope he succeeds on whatever NFL team gets him.

#18 : April 12, 2008, 06:32:02 PM

The more I read about him, the more I'm convinced he should be a Buc in the 3rd round if we don't pick another QB earlier.  Sounds like a playmaker.  Intelligent with all the right skill sets.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 12, 2008, 06:46:21 PM

Yeah I'm all for picking him up in the 3rd. I kind of wish he didn't run so fast so we could pick him up later but 3rd is ok. I also like kids that get drafted to the MLB playing the NFL. They usually turn out well, not that it has anything to do with it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 12, 2008, 06:49:01 PM

while josh johnson ran a faster 40, luke mccown has a better shuttle, 3 cone, broadjump, and vert.  he has more experience (nfl vs. non-scholarship athletes) and had a better completion percentage in 2008 (again, nfl vs non-scholarships).  he also has 3 years experience in what veteran jeff garcia calls the most complicated offense he's seen.

josh johnson might have all the potential in the world, but luke mccown has already started proving it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 12, 2008, 06:51:35 PM

while josh johnson ran a faster 40, luke mccown has a better shuttle, 3 cone, broadjump, and vert.  he has more experience (nfl vs. non-scholarship athletes) and had a better completion percentage in 2008 (again, nfl vs non-scholarships).  he also has 3 years experience in what veteran jeff garcia calls the most complicated offense he's seen.

josh johnson might have all the potential in the world, but luke mccown has already started proving it.

Well I think you should let Johnson get to the NFL to see him prove it haha
I really don't think scholarships have anything to do with it though just because he wasn't good in high school doesn't mean he won't be good in general.

#22 : April 12, 2008, 06:55:21 PM

I think Luke better prove it this year.  He needs to beat out Jeff.  He's 26, been in this system for 3 years and obviously is an athlete.  Otherwise, I believe he'll be a career backup.  Do we want to risk losing a year of development for a rookie if Luke isn't the guy?  Consider the young talent on the team and their maturation...

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 12, 2008, 07:34:47 PM

I think you are right about Luke GT. ...even tho I like Josh Johnson a lot.

.....just my opinion

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#24 : April 13, 2008, 03:06:28 AM

Oh lordy, the Johnson hype machine is overheating again! :D

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 13, 2008, 12:15:09 PM

Oh lordy, the Johnson hype machine is overheating again! :D

It's almost on par with the Chris Johnson man crush

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 13, 2008, 12:31:30 PM

dennis dixon clone

Yeah, Dennis Dixon clone. Except with 2 good knees. Except with a better head. Except that Johnson will, most likely, be selected first. Except that Johnson has played from under center. Except for all those points they're basically the same guy. ::) ::) ::)

Dixon may be a good QB at some point but neither guy is a starter for at least 3 years IMO. That has 5th or 6th round written all over it.

Too many of us over value players, thankfully BA doesn't.

DonaldIgwebuike

Practice Squad

#27 : April 14, 2008, 05:28:43 PM

From this video, Johnson looks more like a pocket passer than a running QB:

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---josh-johnson---qb?autoplay=true

There's also a good interview that shows his maturity and leadership.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 14, 2008, 06:25:08 PM

Yucc,

Can you provide same info on O'Connell?

Read somewhere today he and Johnson are about equal-with the edge going to O'Connell.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 14, 2008, 06:46:18 PM

Stan,
The report on O'Connell is about 6 lines not much of anything but they do have him moving up boards and stats he will need considerable time to develop in the NFL, because of his struggles with  consistency

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Johnson scouting report « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools