Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Future « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

: December 09, 2006, 12:37:14 AM

I've heard this elsewhere, so it not entirely an authentic submission. However, I have not seen this posted on the board.

If we keep Gruden next year, allow him the potential to use all of the available salary cap room to build a team to his liking, that would be a long-term endorsement of Gruden. If Gruden is given next year, he is given the 3-7 year future of this team.

Your thoughts?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 09, 2006, 10:54:46 AM

Too mellow? Ok.

Gruden showed that he is totally burned out last week kicking that pathetic fieldgoal. His focus is gone, and he found a new way to humiliate the organization.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 09, 2006, 12:01:57 PM

blah blah blah

be a colts fan then, just get it done already.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 09, 2006, 05:01:00 PM

Gruden will be here next year.  Do we want it to be one long two week notice, like Dungy's last year was?  Personally I don't.

As I've said before. There's more to a head coach than just the head coach. There is the organization around him who has to support him.  There is no point in wasting a year just to leave Gruden out to dry. Why waste a year and destroy the franchise?

Gruden is our coach, and if he is our coach the organization and the fans should be hoping for him to spend every expense to get this thing going on the right track next year.  I don't think you have to sell out the long term future to do that.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 09, 2006, 05:16:08 PM

My point is that, given the chance to design the future of the team, is it not clearly a long term plan to keep him?

This is a very important year for The Bucs. This offseason is as vital as the heartbeat. If We keep Chucky this year, he will be here for much longer. It only makes sense. Imagine if we let him use all of that cap space, and he hand picks personel, and then fire him after next year? I don't think so.   This year is maybe more important than people realize, and their are more decisions going into keeping Gruden than meets the eye..

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 09, 2006, 06:43:39 PM

Look at it this way, get rid of Gruden and bring in who? There is no one proven out there. You will bring in an asst from somewhere or a head coach from some college team and risk the whole franchise on him?

That's why I call BS when these morons on the radio like Duemig or Sileo start calling for Gruden's head because next year is so important. Who else with a proven track record would you bring in here?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 09, 2006, 08:26:37 PM

Blah blah? blah blah blah blah? Blah blah blah blah blah blah, b blah, blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah? blah blah blah blah? Blah blah blah blah blah blah, b blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah?
Blah blah? blah blah blah blah? Blah blah blah blah blah blah, b blah, blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah? blah blah blah blah? Blah blah blah blah blah blah, b blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 09, 2006, 09:55:52 PM

It is important to consideration, that's all. I am not trying to make this into a Gruden Bashing Forum.

What do you think about next year, and how it should be in the hands of someone that the organization is gonna' stick with for awhile?

Do you agree with my assessement?

Who do you see coaching the Bucs for the next Five years?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#8 : December 09, 2006, 10:15:55 PM

An organization is much more than just a head coach.  If he doesn't excute what the FA wants then he's  expendable.   

JG is doing exactly what the Glazers and Allen are dictating.  It's all about talent at this point, not coaching.  Frankly, the overall talent is lacking.  When that's rectified, then the coach becomes accountable.  Case in point, Clayton has been demoted.  That's the first step the organization has made to upgrade the team.  It's not the last.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 09, 2006, 10:20:32 PM

It is important to consideration, that's all.

what?

"I think the Bucs should give Gruden a 5-7 year deal"

That's what H-D-E said and I agree 100%. Gruden/Allen should be given the keys to this franchise for the next 7 years at least. That would give tham plenty of time to rebuild this basically from the ground up. That's what people are having trouble understanding, this is a "Flip this House" sort of project. He won the SB while the window was about 1/4 inch from closed and the cap and draft picks have prevented the FO from re-building it until now. Now's the time, the owners know and trust Gruden/Allen, why in the world would you bring in someone you're not familiar with and give them $30M?

Gruden/Allen are the men for the job, I believe that with everything in me. YOu can't completely overhaul a team in two years, hell three years. For Gruden to caoch this team to an 11-5 South Division championship last year was nothing short of a miracle.

This was said by H-D-E and I agree with it

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 10, 2006, 08:09:33 AM

Count me in keepon, I totally agree with your points. Well said.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 10, 2006, 09:33:51 AM

No they aren't all rookies.  But you have three rookies in the starting offense.  And Williams and Clayton and others are second and third year guys.  It has to be the youngest offense in the league.  No its not an all-rookie team, but your QB is a rookie and the right side of your O-line are rookies.  Davis is in his 2nd year of active duty.  You have young guys Caddy, Clayton, Stovall, Terry, Smith all playing roles. You have a sprinking of vets in Galloway, Wade, Becht.

But if you know about football you know that you can't expect O-line players to dominate from the minute they step into the lineup. That seems to be your contention so take your conclusion from that.

watson

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 10, 2006, 08:55:56 AM

Another point here is that the 3 best players that made up the Bucs in the late 90s and early 00 teams were not drafted by Tony Dungy.  Sam Wyche was the Head Coach and Director of Player Personnel when Sapp, Brooks and Lynch were drafted.  If....and I hope it does not happen.......Jon does not turn it around in 07 then he and Allen will probably be gone.  I believe that Allen is an astute GM that will not mortgage the team again to try for a quick fix.  The team is rebuilding and I think he will continue that trend and although he will bring in some FAs, he is not going to do a wholesale change to veteran players. 

My final point is that many.....including me....think the emphasis should be on acquiring defensive players this year.  And unless you want to change schemes and coordinators, then the players acquired will be the ones that Monte wants.  Do you want to change out Monte as well?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 10, 2006, 08:58:22 AM

It's all about talent at this point, not coaching. 

Completely disagree.

I feel the Bucs have enough talent on offense to be better than what they are showing.  The defense at this point is clear that it needs an infusion of talent but even that side of the ball has talent to work with but not as much as the offense. 

Coaching is what seperates teams in the NFL salary cap era that creates parity becuase the talent is watered down and spread amongst teams.

Even the best teams currently do not have a huge gap in talent level compared to the losing teams.  People tend to equate winning teams = lots of talent and losing teams = little talent.  That is far from the truth.   Only teams in recent years you could say that definatively were the 49ers and Titans both losing teams. The most succesfull team in the last few years in the salary cap era (Patriots) do not have a huge talent gap compared to other teams.  Both the Titans and 49ers teams that have undergone two rebuilding periods within a decade that led to the severe lack of talent.

All the other losing teams in the last few years have had the talent to compete compared to the winning teams.  And the cream of the crop is up there not becuase of simply having superior talent.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : December 10, 2006, 09:07:41 AM

It's all about talent at this point, not coaching. 

Completely disagree.

I feel the Bucs have enough talent on offense to be better than what they are showing.  The defense at this point is clear that it needs an infusion of talent but even that side of the ball has talent to work with but not as much as the offense. 

Coaching is what seperates teams in the NFL salary cap era that creates parity becuase the talent is watered down and spread amongst teams.

Even the best teams currently do not have a huge gap in talent level compared to the losing teams.  People tend to equate winning teams = lots of talent and losing teams = little talent.  That is far from the truth.   Only teams in recent years you could say that definatively were the 49ers and Titans both losing teams. The most succesfull team in the last few years in the salary cap era (Patriots) do not have a huge talent gap compared to other teams.  Both the Titans and 49ers teams that have undergone two rebuilding periods within a decade that led to the severe lack of talent.

All the other losing teams in the last few years have had the talent to compete compared to the winning teams.  And the cream of the crop is up there not becuase of simply having superior talent.

Very good post ADW.. We have the talent on offense (Not now with all the injuries) but when everyone was healthy Gruden still wasn't getting it done, the game that really showed Gruden's ineptness as a head coach was the Giants game and the team has since imploded around him. When a team does that it speaks volumes about the coach. He doesn't even deserve next year but I know he will get it and if his team shows us this again there can be no way that anyone should support him. By the way, this is Grudens team he has HIS guys in place.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Future « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools