Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will replace derrick brooks? « previous next »
Page: 1

nick23

Rookie

: April 11, 2008, 08:39:51 PM

im pretty sure this will be his final year but we really have nobody will we get one in the next free agency or our draft this year and who

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 11, 2008, 08:42:17 PM

Cato June?

Maybe Quincy Black? or is he slated into be a MLB?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 11, 2008, 08:42:39 PM

My guess is another linebacker. ::)

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 11, 2008, 08:43:56 PM

Cato June?

Maybe Quincy Black? or is he slated into be a MLB?

quincy black is a SLB.
Cato June will be our WLB.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 11, 2008, 08:57:10 PM

Right on SBF!  That is the plan is what I have heard. 

Cato June was a pro bowl WLB for the Colts the year b4 we got him, and is playing the SLB until Brooks retires.

Quincy Black was a MLB in college and in the OTA's last year, and at least part of TC he was playing MLB.  He was moved to SLB to learn that position.  That will enable him to slide into that spot when June moves to WLB when DB retires.

Black runs in the 4.4s too!  What speed for a LBer!  I think it was between a 4.45 and a 4.48.

.....just my opinion

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 11, 2008, 08:59:30 PM

black is quick as hell, but he is also very strong, overall he is a very physical LB.  i dont know how smart he is though.  but i dont know how smart our SLB has to be. i know our WLB and MLB has to be the smartest, but i tihnk the SLB has to take the most blocks and be the most physical.
but what do i know?
i dont even know anything.. im just typing...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 11, 2008, 09:10:15 PM

one thing is for sure . . . There will never be another DB. 

First we must stop trying to find a "DB clone" and draft/sign a playmaker.   Nobody is going to play at the level of what DB has during his time here . . . heck, DB hasn't even done that the past couple seasons.  I don't know if June, Black or anyone else on this roster can do what he's done, but I say it's time to find out.  We really need to get some guys rotated in this year and see IF we have a "suitable" candidate already on the roster.  I believe that will happen this year with the amount of "backup level" LB's we've brought in this offseason.  Because of the competition this year, we should be able to rotate our LB's a bit more this year and allow some guys to show us if they have what it takes to be Mr. Brooks replacement. 

WHOEVER it is, I'm sure they won't last long,  as that guy is going to be scrutinized beyond belief.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 11, 2008, 09:11:51 PM

LOL SBF!!!

.....just my opinion

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 11, 2008, 09:12:43 PM

hahahahaha i gave up on my discussion, i realized i was bsing that whole paragraph, and to quit while im ahead.. lmao!

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 11, 2008, 09:13:31 PM

Again, Cato June was a probowler at WLB in a Dungy's defense which is very much like ours.

.....just my opinion
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who will replace derrick brooks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools