Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wtf is up with the stupid air horn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
: April 12, 2008, 10:07:50 AM

I havn't been to any games yet but listening on TV. There is this annoying air horn that either some idiot fan or the team plays during pitches that makes the whole broadcast and dome sound like a mosaleum. Its plain terrible and makes me never want to go to the game. I wish the fans would put the air horns away / put the stupid cow bells down/ thunder sticks and get off their butts and cheer, yell and clap. Nothing is worse than not seeing everyone out of their seats yelling when there is 2 strikes and 2 outs. 

This is the whole reason why Baseball should be in Tampa not St. Pete. Look at the fans at rays games. They are retirees and casual fans. If the games were in Tampa it would bring in a younger lively stock of fans that actually know the game.

Stadiums are supposed to be rowdy and raucas. Not a place to kick back and watch a game and relax.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 12, 2008, 10:41:05 AM

yes. that 30 minute drive from tampa to st. pete makes the world of difference in game attendance.

Rays games will NEVER be rowdy and raucas until they win enough to make the fairweather fans in the tampa bay area wanna support them.

Bucs and Lightning had the same crowds till they started winning.....

OH... wait a minute, just realized you're complaining the fans arent rowdy and raucas enough but that they should put away their noise makers?

interesting theory...

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#2 : April 12, 2008, 11:18:20 AM

na man.. the ''noise makers'' arent as noisy and crowd sounding as fans yelling and screaming.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 12, 2008, 12:31:15 PM

Anyone with an air horn or whistle should be banned from the game.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : April 12, 2008, 01:03:52 PM

Crowd yelling is good - but air horns aren't - especially if you're sitting near it. 

But I think its in the right field area from what I remember during a NYY-TB game a couple of seasons ago.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 12, 2008, 01:15:59 PM

Air horns and other synthetic noise makers at games is annoying.

People complaining on message boards about how other fans express themselves at games is annoying.

People who act like there would be a huge difference if the team's stadium was located in Tampa is annoying (though that would be more convenient for me I must admit).

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 12, 2008, 01:28:18 PM

People who act like there would be a huge difference if the team's stadium was located in Tampa is annoying (though that would be more convenient for me I must admit).

St. Pete is just too far for me.   The extra hour it takes to get out there isn't worth it for me.   I live outside Tampa, so just getting to Tampa is bad enough.  Add the extra bit to St. Pete and it makes it a no go.    In my case (if I were in the Tampa area and not Indonesia), I would attend probably 20 games a year if they were in the same location as RJS.   I had season tickets to the Devil Rays their first 2 seasons.   It was just too much trouble driving all that way.   I don't think I'm the only case like this either.  St Pete is more isolated.   I do think if the stadium were in Tampa, the attendance would improve.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 12, 2008, 01:34:30 PM

I'm sure there are many like you.  I'd make more games if it were in Tampa I'm sure.  But they put plenty of people in the seats for opening night, Yankees, Red Sox, Indians, etc.  IF the team won more they'd put more butts in the seats regardless of location.  THe old sombrero didn't fill up either prewinning and that's pretty close to RayJay.  Right.   ;)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 12, 2008, 01:44:24 PM

People complaining on message boards about how other fans express themselves is annoying.

Then your post annoys you?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 12, 2008, 02:14:33 PM

People complaining on message boards about how other fans express themselves is annoying.

Then your post annoys you?

Ooooh good point.  I amended the original post to clarify it's meaning.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 12, 2008, 04:10:11 PM

Its worth the drive to ST PETE to see a winner. Its a waste of time to see a cellar-dweller play, IMO.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 12, 2008, 04:13:37 PM

Its worth the drive to ST PETE to see a winner. Its a waste of time to see a cellar-dweller play, IMO.

thats vintage Bay Area Fan.  not that ive got a problem with it, I feel the same way for non-football sports.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 12, 2008, 04:51:00 PM

Honestly, I don't care if they win or lose.  Bucs or Rays.   I still like to go.   The bandwagoners will load up if the team is winning regardless of where the stadium is. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 12, 2008, 05:05:15 PM

They should have dredged up Tampa Bay and made a huge island with connections to the Courtnet Campbell, Gandy & Howard Franklin, then put ONE large airport there(close Clw/St Pete), the Bucs Stadium, Lightning Stadium(and brought the Magic  in from Orlando) and the Rays Stadium. Hook up a light rail system that connects Tampa, Clearwater, St. Pete and Sarasota. Bring Bush Gardens, Ruth Eckerd, Mosi, the Florida Aquarium, Dali Museum, etc. Lots of hotels and clubs and tons of man made beaches.
Tampa Bay is not that deep and there was a developer who proposed such a deal years ago. it's feasable but the local governments would screw it up.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#14 : April 12, 2008, 06:18:21 PM

I life in New Tampa Close to Pasco. I will not drive out there during the week to see a 10 time world champ. But my argument isnt the drive. Its the demographic that having the team in St. Pete draws. I for one and sick of seeing all the Grand Pa's and Grand Ma's sitting back lounging not getting cranked up. As the camera pans all you see are blue hairs ringing their cow bells.. then you have the heckler and the air horn guy that thinks he is rallying the team ruining the broadcasts.

My point is if you put the team and stadium in Tampa you get a far much younger demo graphic and create a rowdie fun fan experience. I hope with this new stadium they put an age limit on season ticket holders. Like I said earlier.. If you want to sit back relax and enjoy a game.. Do it from home.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wtf is up with the stupid air horn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools