Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wtf is up with the stupid air horn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 15, 2008, 01:29:06 PM

<----Has been known to sit in RF and heckle our opponent's fielder. Shawn Green, Grady Sizemore, Vernon Wells, Mike Cuddyer and Vladimir Guerrrero have all felt the wrath...(to name a few).

I go to roughly 3-5 games a month. I haven't been able to attend but one game so far this year and it was last night's game. Unfortunetly, I didn't pay too much attention to the game after AS gave up 7 runs in 3 1/3. At that point I was more interested in drinking alcohol in the few "restuarants" they have at the Fruit Stand then going back to my Yankee infested seating area.

Once the Rays have a stadium where baseball fans can say to themselves "you what, I want to go sit outside and watch a ball game today/tonight" they will have a better attendance. The Trop sucks, casual ball fans don't want to sit in a dome stadium and watch the Summer's game of baseball.

Once they build it, the casuals will come.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#31 : April 15, 2008, 01:51:15 PM

curious what kind of response you get out of heckling? other fans laugh? do the players respond to you? flip you off? what kind of stuff do you spout off? enlighten.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 15, 2008, 02:03:59 PM

Other fans laugh and usually the players as well unless someone is just over the top rude.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 15, 2008, 02:10:00 PM

Do the players do this to you?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 15, 2008, 02:17:47 PM

Do the players do this to you?

Honestly no.  I don't heckle on a regular basis.  Couple of games a year 10-12 of us will go, sit in the OF and have a good time which usually includes getting on the opposing OFs, opposing fans, and possible a few overly intoxicated or odd locals.  Good natured stuff.

Few years ago we were at a Rays/A's game (hell probably 5 years or so) and we were on the CF/LF and they tossed a warmup ball up to us.  We got blown out so the folks around us that it was great entertainment. 

Pewter Spot

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 15, 2008, 04:32:51 PM

curious what kind of response you get out of heckling? other fans laugh? do the players respond to you? flip you off? what kind of stuff do you spout off? enlighten.

Hmm...last year I got a hold of Mike Cuddyer of the Twins in RF and I started with intentionally pronouncing his name wrong and other heckles. He responded with laughs and even an butt grab (which means kiss my butt) in which I responded with "no I won't kiss your butt Mike". Later in the game he was running from 1st to 3rd on a double from another hitter and on his way to 3rd base after touching 2nd he slipped and busted his butt. When he walked out to RF the next inning I told him that his was the very best Floor Routine (Gymnastics pun-intended) that I've ever seen. He also struck out twice in that game which garnered even more heckle. Things like "wake up your bat Dracula" and "Your knees must hurt because your blowin' the game". He came out in the 8th inning for long toss and threw me the ball after the warm ups were finished. I of course gave the ball to a little boy sitting near me with his twenty-something dad who was also heckling Mike Cuddyer.

There's ways and certainly situations with little kids being around that do and should prevent me (and anyone) from getting too nasty but I've been known to get a little drunk and lay the hammer down along with some other unruly fans in RF. My favorite is when us in RF scream "LF sucks, LF sucks, LF sucks!" to get the fans in LF in the game. (You can hear how quite the LF bleachers are in the Trop because it's never loud so you know when it's time to highten the banter to get the OF stands cranked up.)

I go to baseball games with much the same attitude as I do with Bucs games. I'm there to be loud with my cheers without a care in the world what the folks around me think. I don't cuss and I don't get personal with my comments. I try my best to not use questionable language when kids are around. I'm not there to offend anyone, just the player I'm heckling.

I use comedy and knowing of stats to get my point across. Or in Shawn Green's case when the steriod list was released by the former Relief pitcher from Arizona, I layed on Greenie all game long for being on that list.

Also, I don't always sit in RF or even close enough to heckle. I don't even heckle everytime I'm there. Last year I went to about 20 games and only heckled 5-6 times. It's not something I plan on doing. It's something that happens after you get a feel for 1. The crowd around you and 2. The player who's playing the closest position.

kill_airhorn_guy

Practice Squad

#36 : April 15, 2008, 10:31:21 PM

I give up!! Someone take this air horn guy and send him to Guantanamo Bay to torture detainees. After going to tonight's game, between the Yankees merciless beating and the air horn guy, I'm ready to confess to anything to get the air horn to stop. SWEET BABY JESUS!! Air horn guy, do us all a favor and drop dead. You have no soul

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] <---- me at the Trop...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 15, 2008, 11:25:54 PM

I can honestly say that this has never bothered me.  Maybe I'm too busy enjoying the game.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 15, 2008, 11:53:46 PM

Airhorn sucks.  If I saw the guy/girl I'd....nevermind.

kill_airhorn_guy

Practice Squad

#39 : April 16, 2008, 11:25:01 PM

I can honestly say that this has never bothered me. Maybe I'm too busy enjoying the game.

Enjoying what? Being surrounded by Yankee fans in "Yankee Stadium South"? The Rays getting beat yet again...or I got it, air horn's equally annoying younger brother the cowbell. Tampa Bay doesn't deserve a major league team. They should take the Rays and move them somewhere with fans that don't enjoy watching their team lose. We need a minor league team complete with wacky giveaways, "hit this sign, win a (fill in the blank), and yes all the airhorns and cowbells and artificial noises near and dear to fans who "enjoy watching games"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 16, 2008, 11:27:14 PM

then don't go.  or are you actually whine and cry every time the team loses guy disguised.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 17, 2008, 12:10:52 AM

From a Buc fan in the 1980s/90s - its no fun watching a consistently bad team without hope of ever having a winning season. Can't blame the guy's frustration.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 17, 2008, 09:57:13 AM

From a Buc fan in the 1980s/90s - its no fun watching a consistently bad team without hope of ever having a winning season. Can't blame the guy's frustration.

Don't lash out at the fans because the you think the team sucks. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 17, 2008, 11:42:11 AM

Don't lash out at the fans because the you think the team sucks. 

Confused what you mean.

Did you look at today's standings. The Rays are in their usual spot: the cellar. Doesn't that just make you want to go to the Trop and drop $50 on a seat?

Not me.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 17, 2008, 11:44:56 AM

Then don't go.   The guy above is lashing out at fans and saying that we don't deserve a major league team not lashing out at the team for losing.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: wtf is up with the stupid air horn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools