Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: April 12, 2008, 10:13:44 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth

Quote from: Pro Football Weekly
Tampa Bay
April 11, 2008   

Garcia, Graham looking to extend stays in Tampa

Despite the burning questions about players coming off significant injuries at key spots like left tackle and running back, most of the news from the Buccaneers’ first round of organized team activities was generated off the field. QB Jeff Garcia expressed frustration about the stalled negotiations concerning his desired contract extension. RB Earnest Graham didn’t even show up to the workouts, which was initially reported as a sign of his displeasure with his current deal, though Graham later told reporters there was no problem and he was away taking care of family matters. The Bucs find themselves in a difficult position because the two disgruntled players, each of whom has one year remaining on his current deal, comprised their starting backfield for most of last season and likely will again in 2008. At age 38, Garcia may be looking for a longer deal than Tampa is willing to offer. Graham had a breakout season last year, but if Cadillac Williams comes back from a torn patellar tendon and is still the same back he always has been, Graham becomes expendable. While handing out new deals would certainly put to rest two potential distractions heading into training camp, the Bucs have some flexibility, with good depth at quarterback and running back, and still have the draft in April to make moves if they decide to move on without Garcia and Graham after next season. Don’t expect Tampa to rush toward the negotiating table with either player this spring.

Other than being an over-hyped one-dimensional oft-injured back that lacks breakaway speed and is a liability both as a pass protector and pass receiver, what has Carnell shown throughout his pro career that would make Graham expendable?

Seriously?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#1 : April 12, 2008, 10:15:07 PM

Back to your old ways again, i see

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#2 : April 12, 2008, 10:16:19 PM

Nothing, Caddy has done absolutely nothing here, I bet Davin Joesph is a better RB than Caddy... Is that what you are you wanting to hear

#3 : April 12, 2008, 10:17:00 PM

Back to your old ways again, i see

Were you not able to provide a serious answer to a legitimate question?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#4 : April 12, 2008, 10:21:05 PM

Nope, there is no point of wasting my breath... You have had this argument about a hundred times... and yet you still persist.

#5 : April 12, 2008, 10:24:26 PM

Nope, there is no point of wasting my breath... You have had this argument about a hundred times... and yet you still persist.

Thanx for your participation but I'll await an answer from a more knowledgable poster.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#6 : April 12, 2008, 10:28:08 PM

I'm sure some idiot will follow into this trap and this thread will go on forever in circles of
HATE: Caddy Sucks
POSTER: No, Caddy is going to be a HOF

If only there were real football news to discuss

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 12, 2008, 10:37:21 PM

Thanx for your participation but I'll await an answer from a more knowledgable poster.

Were you the kid in high school that wanted on debate team really bad, so they let you on, BUT you got kicked off for cussing the hell outta lil Johnny, and now you get your revenge by awaiting for people with different opinions so you can pounce like a cat?

I know pre-draft week is full of anxiety, but it's going to be okay I promise! JMBO has our backs... who is JMBO?

Jon
Monte
Bruce
Organization

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 12, 2008, 10:39:55 PM

That is a stupid article in that regard.

Graham was a BIG part of last season and he is far from expendable in my opinion.

Even if Carnell comes back 100% there are still things Graham can do that Carnell cannot.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 13, 2008, 12:06:09 AM

Carnell is just as good, if not better than Graham is.

I'm not saying Caddy should be handing the starting job, but you cant talk out of both sides of your mouth either.

What has Earnest Graham done?  He started 10 games for us and was good.  He doesn't deserve **CENSORED** either

#10 : April 13, 2008, 12:10:43 AM

Carnell is just as good, if not better than Graham is.

I'm not saying Caddy should be handing the starting job, but you cant talk out of both sides of your mouth either.

What has Earnest Graham done? He started 10 games for us and was good. He doesn't deserve crap either

What is he better than Graham at what?

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 13, 2008, 12:16:19 AM

I'm sure some idiot will follow into this trap and this thread will go on forever in circles of
HATE: Caddy Sucks
POSTER: No, Caddy is going to be a HOF

If only there were real football news to discuss

dont know how long you have been a fan... but carnell is a hall of famer.
and he sucks.  he is a liability in pass prtection and has horrible hands.  i would much rather see a earnest graham and chris johnson backfield.  and then when we go to the rocket backfield, dunn and chris johnson, or bennett and chris johnson.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#12 : April 13, 2008, 12:18:31 AM

If Caddy wouldn't have gone down, he would have put up better numbers than Graham did this year.  Graham is a good running back but he benefited from a solid O-Line this year and a balanced offense with Garcia leading it.  Caddy was running pretty solid to begin the season and he scares defenses a lot more than Earnest Graham.  I think Graham is good enough for our offense to be great, but im just saying, Caddy would have had a great year last year with our offense...too bad he went down like that.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 13, 2008, 12:19:50 AM

If Caddy wouldn't have gone down, he would have put up better numbers than Graham did this year.  Graham is a good running back but he benefited from a solid O-Line this year and a balanced offense with Garcia leading it.  Caddy was running pretty solid to begin the season and he scares defenses a lot more than Earnest Graham.  I think Graham is good enough for our offense to be great, but im just saying, Caddy would have had a great year last year with our offense...too bad he went down like that.
on the groundcaddy would have been better, but in pass prtection and in recivgin... garcia woulda been sacked more and there would been alot more dropped passes.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 13, 2008, 12:19:57 AM

Well Graham is better at catching the ball out of the backfield, however with the addition of Dunn, along with a hopefully improved recieving game, the RB catching the ball won't be as important as him breaking tackles.

Dont get me wrong, I like Graham, but I also like Cadillac.  I think if we could have them two with Dunn and Bennett, we could have a sick backfield.

Graham averaged 4 yards a carry last year, while Cadillac averaged 3.9.

Hate, I think you have to see if Graham can repeat those numbers.  I have that question for alot of players including Greg White, Jovan Haye, Barrett Ruud, Tanard Jackson, etc.

If Caddy is healthy, he should be given a chance to win back his starting job.  Either way, I see Graham splitting carries with Dunn
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I missing something? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools